Spork Boards

That's right, Mr. Meader- don't look here for thoze rum0rz...

Simon's Avatar Picture Simon – December 20, 2007 04:49AM Reply Quote
Yet Another Transplant Thread (credit to Brian Miller for the original) (and Robert Taylor for the 2nd edition)

So, when do you expect to see the next 21-slot G5 subnotebook with built-in antigravity? Or do you have other things to complain about regarding the Mac rum0rz press?

porruka (Admin) – September 17, 2014 10:05AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
Took 'em long enough...

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-ipad-air-2-release-rumors-2014-9

Anyone who doesn't expect this hasn't been paying attention. It's time to push Touch ID into new products at the _very_ least, not to mention other component improvements.

johnny k – September 17, 2014 10:46AM Reply Quote
I'd be interested to see if Apple will use an iPad with TouchID to finish off Square and the other pretenders on the merchant . Apple is apparently supplying its own stores' POS system to some large partners (Bloomingdale's?). At least, it'll lower the barrier of entry for any software developer. And then NFC API + Pay will lead to all sorts of inter-user fun.

Jeff Cooper – September 29, 2014 11:37AM Reply Quote
A retina 27" iMac with a 4 GHz i7? Whoa. Much as my poor eyes would love it, i don't want to think about what it would cost. Maybe they should call it the iMac Edition?

El Jeffe – October 01, 2014 01:08PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
clear whatEVER they need to, in order to get the next MAC MINI out the door!!!!

ARL (Moderator) – October 02, 2014 10:38AM Reply Quote
Of course -- I bought a new iMac two months ago so that makes perfect sense...

El Jeffe – October 03, 2014 11:05AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
please buy mac mini soon

johnny k – January 14, 2015 10:09AM Reply Quote
Why not? Been a while since we got upset over some port choices. Beyond me why they wouldn't go with Thunderbolt instead. I thought this was exactly why it was made. Unless it's about protecting higher product tiers. Can I connect a normal monitor through USB3?

Speaking of Cubes, I was just thinking I should get my 17" Studio Display CRT something to plug into. I don't think there's an ADC adapter that can run its analog signal AND power it, so it's either build my own adapter or get an old Mac that'll drive it. I'd much rather use my Mini server, though.

ARL (Moderator) – January 15, 2015 08:41PM Reply Quote
They already have a product without any traditional ports. It's called an iPad.

dharlow – January 16, 2015 12:31AM Reply Quote
johnny -

I assume you saw this thread on how to get it to connect up?

johnny k – January 16, 2015 09:44AM Reply Quote
What thread is that? http://www.applefritter.com/node/4008 ? Yeah.

John Willoughby – February 13, 2015 09:17PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Well, given that it took the dang Watch three years (at least) to show up, I'm guessing this will be a product for the 2030's.

El Jeffe – February 14, 2015 04:33AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
maybe just mobile Apple stores, think iCecream trucks...

bahamut – February 14, 2015 10:05AM Reply Quote
Ughh, the apple car sounds like a terrible idea.

porruka (Admin) – February 14, 2015 11:03AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
If it *is* a car (I'm not convinced it is though, at least not as the end product), think RCKR -> iPhone.

Look at the lead time for CarPlay-compatible systems and then look at what has actually started being released. I actually think it's more about infrastructure than the car itself, but either way, the Apple we know and love has to be mighty frustrated at the time-to-crappy-market.

dharlow – February 14, 2015 11:14AM Reply Quote
These cars look like part of a 3D mapping project.

ddt – February 14, 2015 03:05PM Reply Quote
Yeah, I've heard (also speculation, of course, but seemingly more plausible speculation) that it looks more like Apple wanting to further their "we don't need Google" by doing their own version of Street View for Apple Maps.

If they were willing to invest so much manpower and effort to undercut Google, I wish they'd really offer a replacement for Google Drive and Docs that worked better -- and then pushed the network effects of easy integration with iOS/Mac OS. Google Drive/Docs is horrible, but you use it because other people use it.

ddt

Bruce Robertson – February 14, 2015 08:15PM Reply Quote
Hiring Mecedes R&D director sounds like more than mapping.

John Willoughby – February 14, 2015 10:59PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Reuters has added to the initial WSJ report, saying that the car will be self-driving. No wonder they fired the Apple Maps guy. I think that this will be more than a dashboard plugin. Maybe a full car, maybe not. But I'm betting years away.

bahamut – February 14, 2015 11:27PM Reply Quote
Ok, so there's a possibility here. Apple may figure that the self-driving car revolution is going to be so big that the experience will be about the car as an interface to technology… e.g. it's not that you sit there with a loptop, it's that you use the furniture of the car to interact with tech. I'm not sure that's the way to go, but it's a possibility.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login