Spork Boards

That's right, Mr. Meader- don't look here for thoze rum0rz...

Simon's Avatar Picture Simon – December 20, 2007 04:49AM Reply Quote
Yet Another Transplant Thread (credit to Brian Miller for the original) (and Robert Taylor for the 2nd edition)

So, when do you expect to see the next 21-slot G5 subnotebook with built-in antigravity? Or do you have other things to complain about regarding the Mac rum0rz press?

ddt – October 16, 2013 07:35PM Reply Quote
If there's a retina iPad mini, I might want to swap my retina iPad for it... .

ddt

johnny k – October 17, 2013 09:36AM Reply Quote
Along those lines, if anyone's upgrading and wants to sell their old retina iPad of some sort (older the better), talk to me. Just need it for app testing, so physical condition isn't very important.

Mokers (Moderator) – October 19, 2013 06:50PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Dave Loudin
I have been desperate to upgrade this first-gen iPad for a couple months. It's started to bog down terribly and I'm tired of iOS 5.

I know that feeling.

Looking to see how the iPad will shakeout before deciding between that and a Kindle Fire HDX.

My work laptop is almost three years old, so I am going to get a new MacBook Pro as soon as they are released.

El Jeffe – October 19, 2013 08:03PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Still bet I'm the only one (here) using Windows XP.... ???

James DeBenedetti – October 21, 2013 01:41AM Reply Quote
My XP system is in the kids' room. I'm still amazed by how that system with the seven year old CPU (Core Duo) and five year old video card (ATI 4850) outperforms every Mac in the house at gaming.

El Jeffe – October 21, 2013 04:39AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I just did Windows Update on my Parallels/XP at HOME. (Been trying for year to get co-worker to get his IUPUI wife to get me an updated Windows installer disk for $5)
Still putting out updates, then some folks won't change.

Jeff Cooper – October 21, 2013 01:06PM Reply Quote
A retina iPad mini would be nice, say my poor eyes.

Dave Loudin – October 21, 2013 11:14PM Reply Quote
Well, for the first time in years, I will be trying to jump in on the new generation right from the start. The only problem is, I won't be near the internet until likely the evening, Eastern Time. Will I be looking at ship dates around October 243rd as a result?

John Willoughby – October 22, 2013 12:41AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Since the mini is the hotness these days, perhaps the demand for the full size iPad won't be too bad. I'm hoping, anyway. Which size are you looking at, Dave?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2013 12:41AM by John Willoughby.

porruka (Admin) – October 22, 2013 10:31AM Reply Quote
New year. Same me. Proceed accordingly.

James DeBenedetti – October 22, 2013 12:02PM Reply Quote
Dave, I ordered four iPhone 5ses from T-Mobile two weeks ago (so, at least a week after the launch), and they're due to arrive today, so I wouldn't worry too much about being late on your order.

porruka (Admin) – October 22, 2013 02:15PM Reply Quote
New year. Same me. Proceed accordingly.
I _really_ like the moves T-Mobile is making... some of them are only awesome compared to other carriers, but some of them are awesome in their own right.

I keep finding myself wanting to find ways to support them.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-air

Jeff Cooper – October 22, 2013 02:43PM Reply Quote
I'm lucky enough to have both an iPad 3 and an iPad mini. I use both most days, the iPad 3 a bit more than the mini. I love the screen size and retina display of the 3 but increasingly find the size and weight cumbersome (absurd as that would have sounded three years ago). The iPad Air solves that. I love the mini, but really miss hte retina display. The new mini solves that. Having just bought a new iPhone, I can justify at most one new iPad (and even that's pushing it). What to do, what to do?

First world problem, to be sure.

John Willoughby – October 22, 2013 02:49PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Jeff Cooper
What to do, what to do?.

Steal both?

ddt – October 22, 2013 04:05PM Reply Quote
Mr. Cooper is a lawyer and teaches law -- how dare you suggest that!

Of COURSE he's going to steal them.

</cheapshot>

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2013 04:05PM by ddt.

ARL (Moderator) – October 22, 2013 08:29PM Reply Quote
It sounds like the new mini solves your problems more than an iPad air (which is just a slightly lighter faster iPad 3).

Jeff Cooper – October 22, 2013 09:07PM Reply Quote
Tony, that's the way I'm leaning (although I don't think it's quite fair to call the iPad Air a lighter iPad 3--it should be a fair bit faster).

ddt: grrrr.

Dave Loudin – October 23, 2013 12:40AM Reply Quote
Ooo, I hate waiting until 11/1. The Air is calling my name. The only question is 64, or 128?

johnny k – October 23, 2013 11:58AM Reply Quote
And I'll remind you, I'm looking to buy an old retina iPad, preferably 3rd generation. I don't care about condition as long as it works.

tomierna (Admin) – October 23, 2013 02:05PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
johnny k - I am not necessarily in the market to outright buy an iPad air, but I do have a 3rd Gen iPad which if sold, could convince me.

It's a 64GB iPad 3G (AT&T), ordered on release day, though I had it replaced at a Genius Bar for a new one in 2012 as the SIM started acting up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login