Spork Boards

Funny, Interesting and Useless links

tliet's Avatar Picture tliet – December 09, 2007 02:22AM Reply Quote
Polished up my grammar a bit...

Since there was no real thread for useless but nonetheless
interesting links I thought I'd create one.

John Willoughby – February 15, 2017 06:47PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Are you and YouTube moving at a significant fraction of the velocity of light with respect to each other?

Otherwise, no clue. Which browser are you using?

El Jeffe – February 15, 2017 07:28PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
playback on Mac or iOS?

Bruce Robertson – February 15, 2017 08:43PM Reply Quote
The overspeed problem is on my Mac Mini, 10.10.5, Safari 10.0.3.
iOS device also experience issues, e.g. IPad Pro, fully up to date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2017 08:44PM by Bruce Robertson.

El Jeffe – February 16, 2017 05:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I have not seen that. To have it on TWO device platforms is odd. Does this happen when they are using the same network? Or does it happen to one on cell data at same time as one on wifi?

John Willoughby – February 16, 2017 10:59AM Reply Quote
I'd wonder about the "helpful" video compression that the big carriers are rolling out, but if your Mac is connected through a regular cable/DSL ISP that shouldn't be it.

El Jeffe – February 18, 2017 03:40PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Watching Milo / Maher.
https://youtu.be/lImHh7fqrQo?t=5m17s

I found an ironic auto-closed-captioning goof-up...
Milo says "... except Catholicism which is AWESOME, but otherwise yes...."

And I note/d the CC did this... which is super-highly ironic.. inserted the word/name Allah... snort..
I'm not sure anyone else caught/reported this...

ARL (Moderator) – February 18, 2017 08:15PM Reply Quote
Milo strikes me as channelling a bit of modern-day Ernst Röhm. Or maybe the gay right-wing Kim Kardashian of the hate-speech alt-right movement?

Whatever he is, he's sure learned how to cash in on the whole hate-speech/notoriety thing...

He ranks quite high on my "if I could only punch one person in the face ever" shitlist...

[edit] I didn't watch all of the clip, but it is satisfying how many times Milo is told to go fuck himself in this clip...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 10:33PM by ARL.

ddt – February 19, 2017 01:33AM Reply Quote
Milo is not, shall we say, a thinker. Though he is facile in leveraging conversation so that the less savvy might think he's being reasonable -- that is, he cloaks his shitty bullying in terms of "free speech" (which, every court in the world will tell you, does not extend to harassment; this is the dudebro "hey, I'm just keeping it real -- you're a bitch" tactic).

Here's a quick litmus test: is the person punching down? If so, that's probably not "just exercising free speech".

Milo is also quick to cry that he's being bullied and is the victim, the cognitive dissonance of which is astounding.

But basically he's the little twerp who now thinks he can rally followers to make other people hurt. He's really doesn't say anything beyond that, and isn't really worth more bandwidth.

ddt

Cloudscout – February 19, 2017 01:46AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I have a dog named Milo. He's more valuable than this other guy.

ARL (Moderator) – February 19, 2017 05:55AM Reply Quote
ddt
Here's a quick litmus test: is the person punching down? If so, that's probably not "just exercising free speech".

But that's the central tenet of this whole republican administration: True patriots should pick on people who aren't able to defend themselves like it's their goddamn birthright.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2017 05:55AM by ARL.

El Jeffe – February 19, 2017 06:41AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Bottom line is Milo is attention hog.

ddt – February 19, 2017 10:18AM Reply Quote
That too. But he generates attention by pandering to and enabling stupid, delusional, and hateful narratives and people (not just mainstream Republicans!), making them feel justified in their hatred.

It's becoming the worst parts of a Kirby story:

49398131.cached.jpg

794030-415px_justifiers_02.jpg

Read Kirby's New Gods realizing here was a poor, urban jewish kid who had to fight to eat growing up, then volunteered for WWII and fought as infantry and was among the early Allied troops entering concentration camps. Darkseid and anti-life were the evil hatred of freedom, of the different, of the generous.

ddt

El Jeffe – February 19, 2017 03:34PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Someone somewhere (TTAAs) noted that Hitler is a big (historically well respected) name in https://goo.gl/0JFCYT circleville ohio.

ARL (Moderator) – February 19, 2017 07:54PM Reply Quote
I know this is Utah, but where do Republicans find such fossils?

In a letter criticizing a bill that addresses pay gap in the workforce, a Utah Republican said that men have traditionally earned more than women and, citing “simple economics,” argued that things should stay that way.

John Willoughby – February 19, 2017 08:48PM Reply Quote
You can't properly restore the Dark Ages without the Dark.

John Willoughby – February 20, 2017 01:01AM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – February 20, 2017 05:26AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ARL
I know this is Utah, but where do Republicans find such fossils?

In a letter criticizing a bill that addresses pay gap in the workforce, a Utah Republican said that men have traditionally earned more than women and, citing “simple economics,” argued that things should stay that way.

Funny, I woke up thinking of Utah today. I thought that if any individual STATE would build their own wall, once (not if, but when) the 48 contiguous fall apart, I think it would be them. They seem to be more together/homogenous.

ARL (Moderator) – February 20, 2017 06:35PM Reply Quote

They seem to be more together/homogenous.

You mean, white?

ARL (Moderator) – February 20, 2017 06:45PM Reply Quote
Getting back to Milo, it seems he likes to accuse Trans people of a non-existent epidemic of pedophilia, while kind of being a fan of it himself

Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos spoke tolerantly of pedophilia in video clips shared ahead of his speaking engagement at next week's Conservative Political Action Conference. The right-wing provocateur recalled his own sexual abuse as a teen and did not appear to outright condemn similar relationships between children and men on a 2016 episode of "The Drunken Peasants" podcast. He flippantly said young boys "discover who they are" through such relationships, later implying that those relationships can be sexual in nature, and can "give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable rock where they can't speak to their parents.” A host with the popular podcast fired back at Yiannopoulos and said, "Sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me."

"I'm grateful for Father Michael," Yiannopoulos replied. "I wouldn't give nearly such good head if it wasn't for him."

ARL (Moderator) – February 20, 2017 09:17PM Reply Quote
DPBD!

The schadenfreude is intoxicating.

A representative from Simon & Schuster announced over Twitter that the publishing house is canceling the publication of Milo Yiannopoulos’ upcoming book Dangerous, following controversy over a surfaced video in which Yiannopoulos appears to defend pedophilia.

Poor Milo, he just flew too close to the sun, didn't he?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login