Spork Boards

Funny, Interesting and Useless links

tliet's Avatar Picture tliet – December 09, 2007 02:22AM Reply Quote
Polished up my grammar a bit...

Since there was no real thread for useless but nonetheless
interesting links I thought I'd create one.

ARL (Moderator) – July 10, 2016 11:04AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Interesting...

ddt – July 10, 2016 09:39PM Reply Quote
Threw this together with iMovie and the iSupr8 iOS app a few years ago, ran across it today. The music's great, and I think I didn't do a bad job w/ the video part!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byco7M1Z4vU

ddt

El Jeffe – July 11, 2016 04:08AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
So, is that Big Sur the PLACE as well as song lyric?

I know nothing about the place or Cali in general. But I DID see that name Big Sur two days ago in a Frommer's slideshow on seeing ALL of California in two weeks!

http://www.frommers.com/slideshows/848093-see-the-best-of-california-in-two-weeks#slide850318

Which reminds me, I need to start planning my trip to San Fran(at this point I realize why so many people stop here... not sure which letter is next)cisco...
you think I WOULD, because I mostly go to St. Francis Hospital.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 04:08AM by El Jeffe.

El Jeffe – July 11, 2016 04:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
You are NOT A GEEK if you are NOT compelled to read through the Apollo 11 code just released

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/comments/4ro9v9/apollo_11_guidance_computer_source_code_now_on/

and look over the comments on reddit, too.

ARL (Moderator) – July 11, 2016 05:09AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Given it didn't work, why bother?

El Jeffe – July 11, 2016 04:50PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
well, just a code geek. And for the most part, NASA is on such a high pedestal. (Toyota run-away throttle code review....)
Learn from the best.

John Willoughby – July 11, 2016 04:52PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
El Jeffe
You are NOT A GEEK if you are NOT compelled to read through the Apollo 11 code just released

It's in assembler. Screw 'em.

El Jeffe – July 11, 2016 04:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
are you guys spoiled brats????? :)

John Willoughby – July 11, 2016 09:39PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I am. Why?

ddt – July 11, 2016 11:55PM Reply Quote
Citing this site again not just for the philosophy but KANGAROO OVERLORDS.

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 11:55PM by ddt.

ARL (Moderator) – July 12, 2016 02:59AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

El Jeffe – July 12, 2016 05:24PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Got a call from the license branch. Seems one of my recent car purchases/title processing they needed proof of residency. I did TWO at the same time; but only one was deficient for proof somehow?

But that's not the funny part. My proof they needed was my driver's license. The LICENSE BRANCH needed to see my LICENSE that THEY GAVE ME to prove I LIVE HERE.

tomierna (Admin) – July 12, 2016 09:06PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
That would be amusing if it weren't for the fact that these kind of chicken-egg scenarios are used in concert with voter-id laws to disenfranchise the poor.

El Jeffe – July 13, 2016 04:14AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
The most customer-centric part of the interaction was he called me on my cell, said "I'm the guy on far right", and when I went there the whole thing took 1 minute. Though I do think people that were with him rolled their eyes and gave me some looks. But this was the THIRD TIME we had to go BACK to the branch.

So, one of my ex-bosses, his girlfriend (who I later found out dated my now deceased brother years before she and I met) was the head of a license branch here. She made $18,000 a year. I could not believe the low pay.

One thing Mitch Daniels did was to very much improve at least my experience with our branch. And to make many thing do-able without need for transacting in person.

El Jeffe – July 15, 2016 02:23PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

ddt – July 16, 2016 07:30PM Reply Quote
holy fuck

in what world does this woman live that she had no idea, and nobody mentioned to her, that this was an awful idea?

http://blog.angryasianman.com/2016/07/no-jennifer-murphy-you-are-not-neenja.html

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – July 21, 2016 09:29PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
As educational as it is creepy...

Meet Graham
The only person designed to survive on our roads

As much as we like to think we’re invincible, we’re not. But what if we were to change? What if our bodies were built to survive a low impact crash? What might we look like? The result of these questions is Graham, a reminder of just how vulnerable our bodies really are.

ddt – July 23, 2016 08:02PM Reply Quote
Had not heard of this site before, but checking the citations and seeing good sourcing (and have seen a lot of this information in reliable places). Fun!

http://deadstate.org/why-your-guru-is-bullshit/

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – July 24, 2016 02:05AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
That's a great read there, ddt...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login