Spork Boards

iPhone

tliet's Avatar Picture tliet – December 17, 2007 03:22AM Reply Quote
Discuss it here

ARL (Moderator) – November 19, 2017 06:33PM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
like, must hold it upside and and say "Iris, Yeh!"

Yup, and the Queensland version must be bathed in XXXX.

El Jeffe – December 13, 2017 12:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I always get wildly varying battery drain; but mostly QUICK.
30 min drive home went from 100% to 85%.
Fairly newish 6s plus.
yes, I have 5,890 apps. so what!???? :)

El Jeffe – June 19, 2018 03:52AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
anyone else feel they've reached almost addiction-levels of iOS device usage?
I need to back off. Not purely hours a day, but reliant or dependent upon devices for various things.

John Willoughby – June 19, 2018 10:35AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I feel like I am tied to some services, music, podcasts, email, messages, web browsing. Not specifically by device. I'd be upset if I lost access to these, but I don't care by what device. If you are referencing a larger problem, an addiction to smart devices, I am probably addicted. But to iOS in particular, nah.

I do not recognize my addiction as a problem, though. Now, my wife's zombie-like trance while using Facebook for hours on end is another matter...

ARL (Moderator) – August 02, 2018 01:16AM Reply Quote
I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 8 (the 4.7 inch version) because there's some pretty generous promotions at the moment (I assume a "9" is out soon?).

Anyone have any pros/cons to say about the iPhone 8?

The "all glass body" has me a tad concerned.

John Willoughby – August 02, 2018 10:19AM Reply Quote
I've got that model. I don't like the feel of the non-physical haptic home button, but at least there IS a home button. I keep it in an Apple leather case. I've dropped it a few times, more than any other of my iPhones since I've taken to keeping it in a shirt pocket, and it has taken no damage. (It falls out when I lean over, so generally falls about a meter.) No hardware-specific problems with any other aspect of the device.

El Jeffe – August 02, 2018 02:14PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I just got the 8 plus. I'd wait for the new, cheap 6.x" iphoneX-LIKE model to come out.

bahamut – August 02, 2018 02:36PM Reply Quote
I got the 8 plus. It's good. I don't like the non-haptic button. If it's on special, I'd just get that.

It's a minor bump up from the 7. I wouldn't necessarily bump up from that but from anything before, sure!

ARL (Moderator) – August 02, 2018 06:27PM Reply Quote
I'm bumping up from a 5s - so it's worth it in many respects (mostly because the plan is really quite cheap - A$59, which is oh, about US$35 maybe).

I guess if I hate the home button I'll just turn on accessibility to get around that.

El Jeffe – August 03, 2018 04:39AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
for that price NO BRAINER

ARL (Moderator) – August 03, 2018 07:39AM Reply Quote
Actually, I was lowballing that slightly (Aussie Peso after all) - but not by much it turns out.

Based on the A$ vs U$ prices of the iPhone X, it's the equivalent of a US $37 pm plan

ddt – August 07, 2018 02:29PM Reply Quote
Any idea why my iPhone decided a few months ago to keep forgetting the Auto-Join setting for my home WiFi network? And even if I turn that back on, it won't automatically join?

ddt

Roger – August 07, 2018 02:40PM Reply Quote
Forget it. By which I mean, try "forget this network" in the settings and then rejoining it if you haven't already — that's fixed similar problems for me a couple of times.

ddt – August 07, 2018 04:56PM Reply Quote
Thanks! We'll see if that takes.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – August 09, 2018 09:44PM Reply Quote
Got the iPhone 8. I like the size - it fits comfortably in my hand (unlike the 8s which I'd fumble/drop).

Question: why do most bumper-style cases fit with the screen flush to the top of the case? My old iPhone 5 case had a 1-2mm ridge so if it fell face down, the screen was fine. This new one (and all the cases seemed the same) is completely flush/level. So, if it falls face down it's goodnight nurse.

Seems like a conspiracy to generate more repairs/sales to me.

ddt – August 10, 2018 01:10PM Reply Quote
Is it the same manufacturer/case model? I've had good luck with Spigen cases -- I like the extra bulk, the squared-off sides (a bit Leica-like).

ddt

John Willoughby – August 10, 2018 01:45PM Reply Quote
My Apple leather case reaches about a mm above the face of the phone.

El Jeffe – August 14, 2018 06:00PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I got the speck candy shell grip for my new 8 plus.
It's my go-to case design. Ribbed for my pleasure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login