Spork Boards

DealSpork

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – December 16, 2007 07:55PM Reply Quote
"What do you mean $500 for a black-and-white 5-inch portable TV set? My brother-in-law can get it for you wholesale!"

Cloudscout – April 22, 2008 02:09PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
And now they've dropped the SoundStudio milestone to 3,800 so there's only 153 left to go before it gets unlocked.

Cloudscout – April 22, 2008 05:31PM Reply Quote
SoundStudio is unlocked now since they sold 3,800 bundles. The next unlock is for BannerZest and comes after only 800 more bundles sold (4,600 total). It's looking like the unlock targets really were just a gimmick and that they'll adjust the scale to make sure they unlock everything before the end (lest they face angry... or even litigious customers).

Madaracs – April 23, 2008 09:39AM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
If they pull that kind of marketing ploy whats to say anyone will buy one of their bundles again? Seems a little shady to me.

Cloudscout – April 23, 2008 10:03AM Reply Quote
This isn't their first bundle like that. The last time they just extended the deadline. This time they said up front that there would be no time extensions so they have to fudge it another way.

Jeff Cooper – April 23, 2008 11:44AM Reply Quote
Last July, when they did the Techtool Pro bundle, they substantially reduced the originally stated number of sales necessary to unlock Techtool Pro while the promotion was ongoing. I can't find the exact numbers, but there's a reference here.

I imagine I'll hop on board in the next day or so.

Cloudscout – April 23, 2008 04:30PM Reply Quote
BannerZest has been unlocked. The target for Parallels is only 6,100. I suspect they'll reach that by tomorrow since it's only 1,500 away.

Cloudscout – April 23, 2008 04:34PM Reply Quote
Heh. They're having database server problems. When you view the status on MacUpdate you get this:

20080423-bundle.jpg

Cloudscout – April 24, 2008 03:45PM Reply Quote
Parallels is now unlocked.

All 10 apps are now available for $64.99.

Jeff Cooper – April 28, 2008 10:01AM Reply Quote
Just a quick reminder that there's one day left in the MacUpdate promo (not sure if that means it ends today or tomorrow, but whichever, the end is coming soon).

I think there are really only three apps here that I'm likely to use (Sound Studio, DVDRemaster Pro, and Parallels), but even so it's a good price. I got in yesterday.

Cloudscout – May 01, 2008 06:35PM Reply Quote

Cloudscout – May 03, 2008 12:03AM Reply Quote
And now they've got the 16GB iPod touch for $289.

Cloudscout – May 08, 2008 12:22AM Reply Quote

Cloudscout – May 14, 2008 01:16PM Reply Quote
For the second time this week, I'm listed as the "First Sucker" on Woot. This is because they've had two items that I have been planning to buy but hadn't gotten around to.

Today's item, especially. The iRobot Looj Gutter Cleaning Robot.

Jeff Cooper – June 10, 2008 01:03PM Reply Quote
Bestbuy has new Verbatim Smartdisk portable Firewire/USB drives on sale this week: $129 for 320 GB, $99 for 250 GB. The new Verbatim cases seem a lot flimsier than the old Smartdisk Firelite cases. Even so, these prices for portable drives with Firewire connections are pretty astounding--it wasn't all that long ago (a year, maybe?) that I paid $99 for a full-size Seagate 250 GB external drive with just USB.

Bruce Robertson – June 10, 2008 01:54PM Reply Quote
Got the Looj. Tried it for 5 minutes. Never used it again.

Cloudscout – June 10, 2008 04:00PM Reply Quote
My gutters were completely full of gunk when I went to use the Looj. It didn't do too well with that. I think it'll work fine for "maintenance" rather than actual cleaning. That is, if I run it a few times per year, I won't have to do the full cleaning that I would normally have to do. We'll see.

Steve Cordova – June 10, 2008 08:22PM Reply Quote
History passes the first time as tragedy, the second time as farts. - Roy Edroso
I picked up a Seagate FreeAgent 500GB USB HD for my mother for $99 at Best Buy about 4 weeks ago. Her circa 2K iMac was making clicking noises and i wanted to back up her User and application folders incase it was dying. We also got her a new mini and I got a nice 20 inch HD monitor and a DVI to HDMI cable to drive it. BB got me to sign up for their buyers card even. So now i stop there to look at Anime DVDs. Elfen Lied looks interesting, but I haven't bought it yet. any anime suggestions?

Cloudscout – June 11, 2008 12:04AM Reply Quote

Cloudscout – June 13, 2008 11:56PM Reply Quote

tomierna (Admin) – June 14, 2008 12:10AM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
These are really super remotes, if anyone is in the market for one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login