Spork Boards

DealSpork

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – December 16, 2007 07:55PM Reply Quote
"What do you mean $500 for a black-and-white 5-inch portable TV set? My brother-in-law can get it for you wholesale!"

ddt – March 17, 2014 10:17PM Reply Quote
Thanks, but I saw that, tried it, and no joy (Early 2011 MBP, latest Maverix).

But since it works for you, need any network extenders or print station Airport Expresses?

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 10:18PM by ddt.

dharlow – March 17, 2014 11:35PM Reply Quote
Nope, gone to Meraki here at my house (needed additional network security).

El Jeffe – March 18, 2014 06:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
you seem eager... implanted a SPYING device into those, eh ? (lol, j/k)

ddt – March 18, 2014 09:16AM Reply Quote
Well, I'm still talking (in general terms) with Nest, so maybe!

ddt

johnny k – April 13, 2014 02:29PM Reply Quote
Just in time. My 3TB drive has crapped out. I think I'll be able to recover it, but not going to trust it after that. Maybe I'm better served with two smaller drives? At least half will survive a crash, or I can mirror them.

El Jeffe – April 13, 2014 03:37PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yeah, I thought that was pretty good deal, too.

ddt – April 13, 2014 04:10PM Reply Quote
Johnny, what did you do about the data on said crapped-out drive? Is it just lost? Was that a backup dupe?

ddt

johnny k – April 13, 2014 10:28PM Reply Quote
Still unavailable. Backups but also irreplaceable stuff. I have faith because clicking 'Repair Disk' over and over eventually mounted it read-only. A buddy has a regimen that involves doing a block copy to another disk, then repairing. Disk Utility is too high-level.

Cloudscout – April 13, 2014 10:43PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I have used Data Rescue to recover some seriously failing drives for family members. I highly recommend using that. It does some nice low-level stuff to coax as much data as possible off of dying (and even seemingly dead) discs.

porruka (Admin) – April 13, 2014 11:00PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
There's always Drive Savers for stuff that holds an appropriately high value.

johnny k – April 17, 2014 12:03PM Reply Quote
Pretty sure I'll be able to recover it. Just need to pull the trigger on a 4TB+ drive that I can stick in my Seagate GoFlex case, or buy another one that fits the FW800 dock. (Wish they'd stick to an initiative for more than 2 years.)
Did Drive Savers once, expensive but worked. Will go there again as last resort.

My friend's beautiful glass coffee maker is entering the homestretch, and it's actually going to get funded, so jump on the bandwagon! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/390812913/manual-coffeemaker-no1

El Jeffe – May 18, 2014 04:23AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Word Lens and language packs are free
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-lens/id383463868?mt=8

I've always been wowed by this app

El Jeffe – May 18, 2014 06:00AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

John Willoughby – May 18, 2014 11:43AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
El Jeffe
Word Lens and language packs are free
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-lens/id383463868?mt=8

I've always been wowed by this app

It's an amazing app. Technology that literally stuns me. Google just bought Word Lens, so it is not unreasonable to assume that it will be leaving the App Store very soon. Download it, it's free, and download all of the now-free language packs while you can.

Cloudscout – May 18, 2014 05:25PM Reply Quote
This was one of the first things about Windows Phone that really wowed me... the real-time translation like that. It's one of those things that you would expect to see in a movie, not in real life.

El Jeffe – May 18, 2014 05:58PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
so, for windows phone, are you saying that WORD LENS wowed you? Or is there something else about Windows phone that is NOT word lens, that is also/similarly wow-ing?

Cloudscout – May 18, 2014 06:21PM Reply Quote
Bing Translate included the same augmented-reality translation capabilities as Word Lens.

johnny k – May 19, 2014 10:09AM Reply Quote
That's as of WP8, right? My Lumia (on 7.5) is slowing down and I'm tempted to finally switch back to T-Mobile and get a WP8.1... Cortana looks impressive to me, and hopefully works better than Siri. Bad timing to get a new Windows Phone or iPhone, though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login