Spork Boards

DealSpork

Cloudscout's Avatar Picture Cloudscout – December 16, 2007 07:55PM Reply Quote
"What do you mean $500 for a black-and-white 5-inch portable TV set? My brother-in-law can get it for you wholesale!"

Mokers (Moderator) – April 20, 2018 12:27PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Wyzecam might work for the kids rooms...

I guess I should buy a few.

bahamut – April 22, 2018 09:55PM Reply Quote
I've got 3! Awesome cat cams for when we are away from the house.
Thank you!!! I can't believe they are $20. It's madness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2018 09:56PM by bahamut.

John Willoughby – May 29, 2018 10:18AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I've set up a bunch of Wyze cams; very nice! Sadly, the ones pointed outward through windows don't do well at night, as their infrared gets reflected by the pane and they blind themselves. Turning the infrared off just means... it's dark. Still, you can't beat the price and the free cloud storage.

Wyze is announcing some kind of new device ("a new indoor camera") on Wednesday. Not sure how this differs from their previous indoor camera, but I'll take a look.

El Jeffe – June 03, 2018 05:52PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
tomierna
I don't know if those deals are applicable, but to add the affiliate code to any BH link, add "/BI/1940/KBID/2629" to the end.

I'm going to be adding an Amazon Affiliate search box to the site soonish.

found it!!! :)

John Willoughby – July 24, 2018 01:05PM Reply Quote
Are any Sporkers interested in an early 2016 (which means 2015 design) Razer Blade 14"? Windows 10, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD storage, 970M GPU. This is my GOOD Razer Blade, in that I never had any problems with it, as opposed to it's 2017 17" cousin.

$600 for Sporkers, cheap carrying bag, 2 AC adapters, I'll pay shipping to the lower 48 states. I truly believe that this is a good deal if you're looking for a gaming PC, with the understanding that it is a couple of years old. I know of no issues with it*, but am selling it as-is.

Send a PM message if interested, or for questions about it.

*Its battery drains rapidly in storage... low in a week, run down in two. Not sure why that would be; I've mostly used it while plugged in, but it runs fine on battery as long as you don't expect to do a lot of high-end gaming untethered!

John Willoughby – August 09, 2018 09:43AM Reply Quote
A bunch of 2016 MacBook and MacBook Pro laptops (new, not refurbished) being dumped on woot.com. Most, but not all, come with a full Apple warranty.

All this alleged by Gizmodo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 09:46AM by John Willoughby.

johnny k – August 09, 2018 07:51PM Reply Quote
All gone. Eh, didn't look like mind-blowing deals.

johnny k – September 15, 2018 10:02PM Reply Quote
In the market for an Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular, and a 27" iMac that's 2013 or newer. If you're sitting on one, let me know.

Roger – September 16, 2018 01:23PM Reply Quote
I had an annoying eBay buyer welsh on my 42mm stainless Series 3 so I was figuring on just keeping it, but I'd let it go to a Sporker for $440.

johnny k – September 17, 2018 10:03AM Reply Quote
Ah, should've been more specific - looking for a 38mm aluminum. Tried selling on Swappa? Great experience.

Revising my desktop search to include a 2010/2012 Mac Pro. With a modern graphics card, it'll be faster than all but the most recent iMacs and still run Mohave.

Roger – September 17, 2018 02:52PM Reply Quote
Thanks, I'll take a look at Swappa. I still basically enjoy eBay for stuff like secondhand clothes but recent/desirable tech on there is a nightmare of lowballers and petty scammers.

johnny k – September 17, 2018 04:42PM Reply Quote
Exactly why Swappa was created. All the IMEI scams. Swappa verifies that shit. I've found that without the auction pressure, prices tend to get bargained down a bit, but YMMV.

johnny k – September 18, 2018 09:48PM Reply Quote
And to add, they use PayPal so as a seller you can still run into PayPal's extremely buyer-friendly policies. Read that someone will demand a refund for an iPhone that "wasn't working" several months after purchase, and PayPal sides with them as long as it's been under 6 months. That'll happen anywhere, but Swappa has less of that, being a smaller, enthusiast community even now.

BTW, some great deals on the LTE Series 3 watches if anyone's considering the Dick Tracy life. A cell version for $215!

porruka (Admin) – September 26, 2018 05:26PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
So what would the tea leaves say about there being no refurbs available for Apple TV?

porruka (Admin) – October 07, 2018 12:48PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
Also: I seem to recall folks looking for older hardware... this is one source I've used in the past. It appears they have 2012 MBPs (among many other models).

https://www.dvwarehouse.com/MacBook-Pro-2.3GHz-Intel-Core-i7-8GB-500GB-HDD-SuperDrive-15-MD103-Mid-2012-p-42320.html

El Jeffe – October 08, 2018 04:17AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
does it have a dial-up modem? :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login