Spork Boards

Love Stinks!

ghidorah's Avatar Picture ghidorah – December 14, 2007 10:46PM Reply Quote
We all know it. This is the spot to get it off your chest.

El Jeffe – December 26, 2015 02:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I buy the tech.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 26, 2015 10:49PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
My friend stopped doing all gifts for anjiversaries, birthdays and holidays and he and his wife just do a nice vacation together. I am hoping to do that at something point. Until then I am hopeless when it comes to gifts.

ARL (Moderator) – December 27, 2015 08:05AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
With my ex, after a few attempts at trying to do the whole thoughtful & considerate gift thing, it just became gift vouchers. I had numerous gifts thrown back in my face with a detailed lecture on all the faults with the gift and how badly I'd screwed up and what the hell was I thinking.

Said lectures were often in front of other people and on at least one occasion was an abusive tirade. Gifts that my side of the family gave were always either thrown out or given away - including some expensive gifts bought or made for my daughter.

I may not be a perfect gift recipient but I have enough decency or shame to at least acknowledge the thought put into the gift and raise any concerns discreetly (or at the very least not complain at length).

Grrr, still so angry...

Jeff Cooper – December 27, 2015 09:30AM Reply Quote
I kept it simple this year and seem to have chosen acceptably, but I understand the trepidation that goes into gift-buying. I'm generally terrible at it. The pressure was off somewhat this year because I've arranged for a big vacation this summer--and we're still not married (that's subject to change, pending a couple of issues), so it's my money that's funding the trip.

Gift-giving occasions are scary.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login