Spork Boards

I Watch, You Watch, We All Watch For iWatch

John Willoughby's Avatar Picture John Willoughby – September 08, 2014 07:23PM Reply Quote
We need a thread for this, even in the vanishingly small chance that the iWatch isn't announced tomorrow.

James DeBenedetti – April 28, 2016 12:24PM Reply Quote
There's also the problem of capacitive touch panels not working in water, which means you can't change settings, set timers, etc. while swimming.

bahamut – April 29, 2016 04:20PM Reply Quote
Apparently there is a pulse oximeter in the watch too, but Apple won't enable it due to FDA complications.

John Willoughby – April 30, 2016 11:46PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Well, I guess that the Apple Watch UI could always be worse...

John Willoughby – May 09, 2016 12:54PM Reply Quote
Got my wife an Apple Watch for Mothers Day, at her request. It will be interesting to see how she ends up liking that arcane interface, given that she has no patience with her phone or her computer. I've tried to caution her about it, but she has been consistent about wanting one. So far, she seems pleased. (Rose Gold 42mm, Stone sport band.)

ddt – May 09, 2016 02:21PM Reply Quote
So, in monitoring how or whether she likes it, you could say you're on... Watch Watch?

Put on sunglasses, walks away

ddt

John Willoughby – May 09, 2016 02:42PM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – May 09, 2016 04:03PM Reply Quote
...and MY Apple Watch just crashed, for the first time in ages. Probably because I sent my wife one of the animated emoji, to see on her watch. I haven't sent one of those in ages, either.

Jeff Cooper – May 10, 2016 11:38AM Reply Quote
ARL
Every time I start thinking "you know what, these Microsoft products aren't too bad" they do something to annoy me, like Word & Excel 2016 - slow to load and unresponsive and buggy as hell.

And Outlook too.

Jeff Cooper – May 10, 2016 11:42AM Reply Quote
After carrying my phone through the 500 Festival Mini Marathon last Saturday, I'll say it again: put GPS on the Apple Watch, and I'll buy it on day one.

porruka (Admin) – September 28, 2016 03:58PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
Without comment (at least not yet):

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/28/aetna-apple/

ddt – September 28, 2016 04:12PM Reply Quote
Yeah, that was what was exciting about HealthKit to me from the beginning. This could be of real use to researchers and translate into public health gains.

ddt

John Willoughby – September 28, 2016 04:45PM Reply Quote
Or for Big Brother tracking your health habits, if they can get access. "You walk less than the median for your age group... your premiums will be adjusted accordingly."

John Willoughby – October 10, 2016 11:51AM Reply Quote
British cabinet bans Apple Watch from meetings, due to fears of Russian hacking.

I can't get "Putin on the Wrist" (to the tune of Putting on the Ritz) out of my head.

ARL (Moderator) – October 10, 2016 07:55PM Reply Quote
John Willoughby
I can't get "Putin on the Wrist" (to the tune of Putting on the Ritz) out of my head.

So this won't help then?

John Willoughby – October 10, 2016 08:36PM Reply Quote
It just entrenched it further.

El Jeffe – October 11, 2016 04:57AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ddt
Yeah, that was what was exciting about HealthKit to me from the beginning. This could be of real use to researchers and translate into public health gains.

ddt

or losses.

John Willoughby – December 02, 2016 04:58PM Reply Quote
Was anybody really looking to use their watch for this? Features for the sake of having features...

Also, since previous post mentioned HealthKit, the leader hired in May has bailed.

Cloudscout – December 02, 2016 05:31PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Every time I see "HealthKit" I think it says "HeathKit" and I get all nostalgic.

John Willoughby – December 02, 2016 05:34PM Reply Quote
Me, too!

El Jeffe – December 04, 2016 09:36AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I interviewed at (zenith) heathkit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login