Spork Boards

Wouldn't You Like to be a Cylon Too?

ddt – March 03, 2008 11:47AM Reply Quote
BSG BSG BSG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2008 11:48AM by ddt.

Madaracs – June 02, 2008 08:01AM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
Lawyer? He's el Presidente!

OK, that was lame and obvious.

The rest I like.

Mokers (Moderator) – June 02, 2008 10:19AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I have been hard on this show, and I think it is the lack of focus that is driving me batty. All of these side stories are sort of interesting, but we have one season left. Not every episode has to be an adrenaline rush, but I feel like it should be easy for me to pick between watching BSG and a rousing game of Scrabble.

ddt – June 02, 2008 10:44AM Reply Quote
yeah, this ep seemed really unfocused and dulled (doesn't help that i find lamkin a stereotype/stock character, the equivalent to the "hooker with a heart of gold"). agree with the comments i've read: why isn't the fleet freaking out about losing the pres, the route to earth, most of their defense? why is kara suddenly all together? seemed like a lot of this was plot-point driven, rather than arising out of the characters' personalities.

ddt

El Jeffe – June 02, 2008 10:55AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
reading news about the new x-files movie, it won't be an alien conspiracy story. They said they had already tied up much/all the loose ends on that story line.

WTF????

Let's hope Xfiles, twin peaks aren't role models of BSG wrapping up their story lines...like...uh...NEVER!

El Jeffe – June 02, 2008 12:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
So, what would everyone like to see in the final story line(S)?
That time is a circular definition and they evolved into us, and we created them, forever, over and over?
One side wins? No sides win?
Mulder does Sculley?

John Willoughby – June 02, 2008 12:29PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Mulder already did Sculley, I believe.

Madaracs – June 02, 2008 12:36PM Reply Quote
John Willoughby
Mulder already did Sculley, I believe.

Only in fanfic. ;-)

There are so many things that could happen. Assuming the Moore sticks to his guns and this show is set in real-time with Earth we can only assume that we're not nearly as advanced as the Capricans/Saggitarians/etc. So I figger it will go like this:

1. They arrive. Earth launches nukes and blows Galactica out of the sky. We learn everyone is a Cylon.

2. They arrive. Earth has nuked itself. They have to keep going. We learn everyone is a Cylon.

3. The arrive. They somehow manage to talk to a group of Terrans who believe them... then the "bad" Cylons show up and nuke Earth and Galactica keeps running. The not so bad Cylons reveal everyone is a Cylon.

4. They arrive. The United Federation of Planets is formed. Star Trek Season one begins. We learn everyone is a Cylon.

5. They arrive. At Jupiter. They see Venus and mistake it for Earth and find no life. They leave the solar system and never return. We learn everyone is a Cylon.

6. They arrive but miscalculate the jump and end up in Earth's stratosphere, the Galactica can't pull up and crashes in a remote area. They build an army of robot vehicles. And so from days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron: Defender of the Universe! A mighty robot. Loved by good, feared by evil. As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On planet Earth, a galaxy alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the solar system, they maintained peace throughout the universe. Until a new... Adama forms the head. Everyone's a Cylon.

7. They arrive but it's 1978 and the REAL Galactica crew is already there in their brown suede flight suits and they kill everyone who just arrived. Lorne Greene whoops Eddie's ass and we find out they were all Cylons. The show is canceled as a result.

8. They arrive, we find out Roslin is the lead Cylon and is dying of cancer regardless of being a Cylon. She orders everyone who's a Cylon into the airlock. Everyone dies.

9. They arrive and beam down to Mt. Olympus. Turns out there is no one true God. All of the gods are present. Zuess is amazed they were able to find their way back from his practical joke. He tells them they're all Cylons.

10. They arrive make peace with the Earthians and David Letterman uses this list. He's a cylon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2008 12:42PM by Madaracs.

ARL (Moderator) – June 03, 2008 01:42AM Reply Quote
lol!

Mokers (Moderator) – June 11, 2008 04:02PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-et-cycle11-2008jun11,0,6856132.story

Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff talk about their motorcycles.

Also, I mostly liked last week's episode. I wish they had the guts to actually kill of Blathar. But no, the President has to be saved because of a revelation in some random vision she had.

Madaracs – June 12, 2008 08:36AM Reply Quote
Damn, I didn't weigh in either. I actually really like the episode. I thought it was good subject matter. I loved Roslin's reaction to D'Anna... "And you don't know that your one of them?"

Dr Phred (Moderator) – June 12, 2008 06:32PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Mokers
http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-et-cycle11-2008jun11,0,6856132.story

Damn, that's hot.

Mokers (Moderator) – June 12, 2008 07:11PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Dr Phred
Mokers

Damn, that's hot.

Tricia Helfer has to have some of the best looking side boob on the planet. I bet she could kick my ass at hockey as well.

Madaracs – June 12, 2008 08:53PM Reply Quote
She lost me at "My husband started riding..."

Damn. Oh wait. I'm married.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – June 13, 2008 01:32PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Watch the mid-season finale right now:
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/home.html

Madaracs – June 13, 2008 02:23PM Reply Quote
It's not a split season, is it? They're slated for 20...

edit... Am I on crack? What are you talking about FLL?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 02:24PM by Madaracs.

Madaracs – June 13, 2008 02:40PM Reply Quote

Dr Phred (Moderator) – June 13, 2008 04:20PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
It is a split season. Remember the writers strike?

Madaracs – June 13, 2008 10:09PM Reply Quote
Yeah, and that photo makes you look smug. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2008 10:13PM by Madaracs.

Madaracs – June 13, 2008 10:13PM Reply Quote
>> 2. They arrive. Earth has nuked itself. They have to keep going. We learn everyone is a Cylon.

Well, it looks like my 2nd prediction was most accurate. I didn't see them finding Earth mid season. That's pretty wild. As a whole I don't have much to complain about in this episode. I liked it very much.

My favorite quote:

"Half our guys are over there!" ~ Sol Tigh What a double entendre! I laughed aloud at that one.

El Jeffe – June 14, 2008 08:17PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Not bad. I'll be happy if that is completely the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login