Spork Boards

King's Landing...

ARL (Moderator) – April 16, 2013 03:09AM Reply Quote
Winter is coming ... and probably so are spoilers (which is why we use the spoiler tags like this one):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 03:10AM by Tony Leggett.

ARL (Moderator) – August 29, 2017 12:40AM Reply Quote
DPBD!

On a plus note, the iTunes pricing for GOT S7 was quite reasonable. Downloading now to rewatch the lot with decent video/audio

I subscribed to Foxtel Now for the GOT season but the service was fairly sucky. At best, the resolution got to 720p but was often less and sometimes quite pixellated. Also, no subtitles and the audio wasn't 5.1. Watching a few seasons of Veep was a bonus though.

It seems however, that the IP robber-barons have decided to abandon the fairly mouldy carrot and go back to the stick. Again.

They truly never learn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2017 01:23AM by ARL.

El Jeffe – August 29, 2017 04:15AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
$15 for one month of HBO and one can watch the entire series is pretty decent deal, too.

bahamut – September 08, 2017 09:08PM Reply Quote
Those are big.

ddt – September 14, 2017 07:53AM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – April 15, 2019 07:38PM Reply Quote
Well?

El Jeffe – April 15, 2019 09:41PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I feel the whole show was gather everyone up. Oh, and John is, like, you know, the shit.

johnny k – April 16, 2019 02:40PM Reply Quote
Whelmed. It did give me that familiar feeling of wanting to yell at a bunch of characters. Jon and Daenerys both need to work on their consensus-building skills. Guessing that the battle next week will put aside all that friction, though.

I'm trying to think of a reason Jon would even claim his Targaryen name. He doesn't want to be king and Daenerys will help him fight the dead.

Mokers (Moderator) – April 16, 2019 05:52PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Jon was King once and died for it. Even if he is the "true" King, abdicating and allowing his aunt to rule doesn't seem to be a problem. I do wonder what she'll do for an heir though. Maybe Jon will marry Sansa and their kid can be heir!

El Jeffe – April 16, 2019 09:05PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Not sure I've stated, but I'm not really a GoT fan. Watch it mainly because my wife likes it. But, in for penny... I watch a lot of the youtube channels on it. Go figure. Have ya'll heard all the various guesses?
I like how the you tubers point out things easily missed. I can't really care for tying it to the books, because. GRRM left in the dust... But I find the channels can be mindlessly entertaining.
I still think Sam is the purest of heart. And is deserving of some reward for it. Everyone else can go to hell! :)

ARL (Moderator) – April 16, 2019 10:16PM Reply Quote

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 10:16PM by ARL.

johnny k – April 17, 2019 12:01AM Reply Quote
By far the best YouTube video was the Ser Pounce=Azor Ahai theory.

El Jeffe – April 17, 2019 04:05AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
drinking on Tuesdays, eh, JK?

ARL (Moderator) – April 17, 2019 07:14AM Reply Quote
You say that like it’s a bad thing, Jeffe

And Ser Pounce has “gone to the farm”, not come to an unhappy end via Cersei as all the interwebs claim. So jk’s theory is totes legit

ARL (Moderator) – April 17, 2019 07:16AM Reply Quote
DPBD!

For me personally I like reading the various re-caps ( done by the better or funnier ones out there ) much more than the actual show itself...

johnny k – April 17, 2019 10:00AM Reply Quote
Not my theory. I like that video because it's making fun of all the other breathless videos (many of which the creator had made themself) while being just as nerdy.

I've watched The Ringer's GoT videos on occasion, pretty good but still not silly enough (Jason Concepcion has a great short NBA video-cast).

And I drink most days of the week. 4-year-olds will do that to you.

El Jeffe – April 17, 2019 07:23PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I totally mis-understood JK's post. sorry. lol. I am a bad GOT scholar.

ARL (Moderator) – April 18, 2019 08:53PM Reply Quote

And I drink most days of the week. 4-year-olds will do that to you.

And I thought it was just me...

El Jeffe – April 19, 2019 05:52AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
21 year olds will do that to you, imo.

ARL (Moderator) – April 28, 2019 11:34PM Reply Quote
Wow. Just wow. Did not expect that ending at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login