Spork Boards

Vaya con IOS

Madaracs's Avatar Picture Madaracs – January 05, 2012 02:33PM Reply Quote
It's not just for iPhone anymore. This time it's personal.

A new thread to discuss all things IOS.

iPhone, iPod and iPad...

ddt – September 19, 2017 02:06PM Reply Quote
Not crazy about the new App Store and Maps icons. Really not happy with the Updates page in the App Store being two columns -- that a) reduces the information content about each update 2) screws with the information hierarchy which is still "most recent" (but side to side, top to bottom, zig zag???).

ddt

John Willoughby – September 19, 2017 03:12PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
What if it varies with your language choice? Hebrew and Arabic might be right-to-left, top-to-bottom. Some languages might be bottom-to-top...

I'm guessing that's not what they did.

El Jeffe – September 19, 2017 03:27PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ddt
Not crazy about the new App Store and Maps icons. Really not happy with the Updates page in the App Store being two columns -- that a) reduces the information content about each update 2) screws with the information hierarchy which is still "most recent" (but side to side, top to bottom, zig zag???).

ddt

Is the app store only in/on iOS now? Or is there a new store-only iOS app store for MAC OS?

John Willoughby – September 19, 2017 03:38PM Reply Quote
Only on iOS now.

El Jeffe – September 19, 2017 04:26PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ok. I could have sworn I heard somewhere there was a new app.... for Mac OS...or sumpin'

John Willoughby – September 19, 2017 04:45PM Reply Quote
Maybe in High Sierra? I hadn't heard of it, but I could easily have missed it.

ARL (Moderator) – September 19, 2017 07:49PM Reply Quote
Sorry, they've completely gotten rid of the Mac app store on MacOS?

El Jeffe – September 19, 2017 07:50PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
no. just forget I started talking. :)

ARL (Moderator) – September 19, 2017 07:58PM Reply Quote
Phew! I was about to lose it...

El Jeffe – September 19, 2017 08:38PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
should you reach that situation again, remember, just IGNORE WHAT I SAY ! :)

ddt – September 19, 2017 08:51PM Reply Quote
Getting compile errors when I try to do a lesson in Playgrounds now that I've updated to iOS 11. Anyone else? (The animated scene won't load, get the compile errors after tapping "Run My Code".)

ddt

johnny k – September 19, 2017 09:35PM Reply Quote
What are the errors? I haven't used Playgrounds but is there a "clean" or "clean build" command?

ddt – September 19, 2017 09:39PM Reply Quote
I even stepped back through lessons that worked a few days ago. If you try to run the code, here's what you see (tried in it multiple lessons):

https://twitter.com/ddt/status/910332360557654017

ddt

johnny k – September 19, 2017 09:47PM Reply Quote
You can ignore the lines beginning with "Warning". The two errors are the same: "init(colorLiteralRed:green:blue:alpha:) has different argument names...". Maybe a typo? What's your line of code here look like?

ddt – September 19, 2017 10:56PM Reply Quote
Well, that's the thing. Swift Playground _gives_ you pseudocode. https://www.apple.com/swift/playgrounds/ shows one example. You're not coding in Swift or anything. It used to but now won't run the pseudocode the app ships with as examples. I think what's not compiling is the code for animations (shown on the right in the link, with the waterfall and the one-eyed monster).

ddt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2017 10:58PM by ddt.

johnny k – September 19, 2017 11:29PM Reply Quote
You might want to start over. Perhaps you started with an example that's been updated for the changes, but it won't carry over to your edited project.

ddt – September 19, 2017 11:56PM Reply Quote
Yeah, good thought, but I went all the way back to the start. No joy. Force quit and restarted. Turned the device on and off, even. Trying to see if anyone else has a similar issue.

ddt

johnny k – September 20, 2017 08:33AM Reply Quote
Delete the app and reinstall?

ddt – September 20, 2017 12:55PM Reply Quote
It's the only way to be sure?

Yeah, looking at it more, if the errors are on things like calls for colors, that's got to refer to the animations, not to anything that was entered by the user as pseudocode. I'll see if that works.

ddt

johnny k – September 20, 2017 03:26PM Reply Quote
Sometimes files installed by a previous version will not be cleaned out by the update, and if those files are, say, example projects that expect a different set of APIs, this could be what it looks like.

It Just Works.™

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 03:26PM by johnny k.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login