Spork Boards

Vaya con IOS

Madaracs's Avatar Picture Madaracs – January 05, 2012 02:33PM Reply Quote
It's not just for iPhone anymore. This time it's personal.

A new thread to discuss all things IOS.

iPhone, iPod and iPad...

bahamut – June 19, 2013 10:56PM Reply Quote
back to what johnny k said. this p tel pay as you changes things, doesn't it? i have a spare iphone…the screen doesn't work that well.

maybe i should toss it in my wife's glove compartment so i can call her when i need to and she has forgotten her phone? just hard wire it into a charger? then again, i guess i also have some old phones i could do that with. treo 650 anyone?

maybe gps pilot could jig the twines so that if usb power goes off the twine goes to battery and sends an alert (maybe it already does this?), or maybe there is some way i can have my iphone do this (DRAT…wouldn't it be amazing if there was a simple way to program it, like BASIC used to be???)? here i could use a ptel card for it if i can set up a personal hotpsot on it (maybe?).

El Jeffe – June 20, 2013 05:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
The solution to not being able to lose a cell phone is OnStar FMV, imo. They can't lose the rear-view mirror in the car. :) It's got it's own cell phone (number) built-in, always charged, never dropped, broken or stolen, really. And uses voice to dial no fumbling.

John Willoughby – September 17, 2013 10:44AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

El Jeffe – September 17, 2013 05:49PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
saw that. strange

porruka (Admin) – September 18, 2013 05:15PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
Well? Who's upgraded?

I'm stuck in dependency-chain hell so I won't know for a few days...

John Willoughby – September 18, 2013 05:46PM Reply Quote
I upgraded to iOS 7 over-the-air on my iPhone 4. If I weren't planning to trade it in Friday, I wouldn't have done it. I'd definitely stick to iOS 6 for the iPhone 4. 7's a little slower on most things and a lot of the cool visuals don't work, but I wanted to play around with it. Everything that I've looked at works, no crashes yet. Of course, it's only seen a few hours of incidental use so far.

Bruce Robertson – September 18, 2013 07:08PM Reply Quote
Upgraded 4S/32GB/ATT phone, seems to be working fine so far. The upgrade took a long time to load.

ddt – September 18, 2013 07:08PM Reply Quote
Hoping to keep the iPhone 4 on iOS 6.x. Evernote gave me a scare, w/ iTunes telling me that it required iOS7, but what that really meant was that iTunes won't install the _updated_ Evernote; new-as-of-yesterday Evernote is still on my phone and working fine.

ddt

bahamut – September 18, 2013 10:07PM Reply Quote
I installed it. I dunno, I dunno. It's so jumpy. I feel drunk whenever I use it.

The typefaces are, well effete. Everything is thin. That's what it feels like. Limp and thin.

ddt – September 18, 2013 10:43PM Reply Quote
There's a setting that allows you to effectively bold the system type, and select relative font size... damn, it was in one of the articles linked to by Gruber today. Maybe that'll help man it up.

ddt

El Jeffe – September 19, 2013 04:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
effete?
elj-EFFE/te?

James DeBenedetti – September 19, 2013 01:19PM Reply Quote
Seems to work fine on my 4S. I have another month before my 2 year contract is up so I can get a 5S.

ddt – September 19, 2013 02:30PM Reply Quote
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant – a hardware upgrade from 4S to 5S.

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – September 19, 2013 10:41PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
It seems like they configured the UI in a lot of places to show off animations and effects and not necessarily with an end user in mind. I wish you could enable legacy settings to turn off all the animations, zooms, etc as well as the legacy buttons. Was the old way of using the home button so terrible?

What's going to really fuck me though is when this shows up in Mavericks...

ddt – September 19, 2013 11:31PM Reply Quote
Agreed. Do not want in my desktop OS.

Updated the iPad 3 ("The One We Don't Talk About") to iOS7. For the most part, no big deal. I don't like the color of the folder icons, but I think it's doing its best to make contrast w/ my wallpaper. I do wish the animations were maybe 30-50% quicker, such as going back the home screen, etc.

If you want to turn off some of the animations, run it on an iPhone 4, apparently.

ddt

John Willoughby – September 20, 2013 12:34AM Reply Quote
Still in line. Third of about twelve people. It's dark. And cold. Ten hours to go.

ddt – September 20, 2013 12:50AM Reply Quote
You are a brave explorer o'er the dark and cold swaths of Payve Mount... .

ddt

porruka (Admin) – September 20, 2013 01:22AM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
John Willoughby
Still in line. Third of about twelve people. It's dark. And cold. Ten hours to go.

I'm tempted to wander out and give you a hard time while you're standing in line. Unfortunately, all that would probably happen is that I would kick myself for being so physically close to them and still having to wait. :-P

Roger – September 20, 2013 02:17AM Reply Quote
Well, I got a 12:01 online 5s order in. Says it'll ship within 3 days, but in-store pickup was not an option, for some reason.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login