Spork Boards

That Darn Google...

ARL (Moderator) – May 13, 2011 12:15AM Reply Quote
With the release of Chrome OS (whatever the hell that is) I thought it might be time Google got it's own thread.

Don't be evil? < /Snark...>

tliet – February 29, 2012 01:29PM Reply Quote
This is a good alternative;

El Jeffe – April 15, 2012 08:30PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I like pirate bay's idea of autonomous, hovering drones to offer private/anonymous internet access.
http://tinyurl.com/6tm5fr2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 08:30PM by El Jeffe.

ddt – April 20, 2012 09:58AM Reply Quote
How are people feeling about Google v. Oracle? Wouldn't it be lovely if they both lost?

ddt

El Jeffe – April 20, 2012 10:21AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I am a less a hater of Oracle, than Google. (Matter of fact, I am sitting here preparing for Oracle work tasks for Sat/Sun)

John Willoughby – April 20, 2012 11:48AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
My feeling is that Google pretty blatantly took Java for Android, just implementing a new byte-code compiler. In a world where people can own the right to "rounded corners," I find it difficult to imagine that this is not some kind of intellectual property theft. Some candid internal e-mails from Google seem to indicate that Google felt this way, too, at least at one point.

Java's more than a programming language, it's also the cross-platform JVM environment, byte-code compiler, and other tools. As such its seems to fall into a different category than C, C++, or more conventional programming languages as far as copywritability goes. Still, I am content to let the court decide; this issues are too abstruse for me.

Cloudscout – April 20, 2012 01:06PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Yeah, I don't see Google getting out of this one very easily.

Cloudscout – April 20, 2012 06:54PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
DPBD...

Worst-case scenario, this could end up being really good news for the Open webOS project as developers look to something less risky to support.

johnny k – April 20, 2012 07:15PM Reply Quote
Or for Windows Phone. Is HP offering indemnity from patent infringement? Until the madness stops, it's going to be hard for a company with money to use a free OS.

What JW said. The testimony I've read seems to have a lot of weaseling and professions of ignorance from Google employees. The way Larry Page threw Rubin under the bus, plus the increasing body-snatching of Android , makes me wonder how long Andy is for this world.

The cyan Lumia is backordered by a week (black is in stock) at Amazon Wireless. None of that instant gratification for me, even if I lived in Indianapolis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2012 07:15PM by johnny k.

El Jeffe – April 30, 2012 12:59PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Do only evil?
Again, not surprising considering my take is they are or are in bed with, intelligence agencies.

El Jeffe – May 12, 2012 05:20AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
El Jeffe
Do only evil?
Again, not surprising considering my take is they are or are in bed with, intelligence agencies.

http://yhoo.it/Jmw5tH

"Any information pertaining to the relationship between Google and NSA would reveal protected information about NSA's implementation of its information assurance mission," Judge Janice Rogers Brown wrote in the appeals opinion.

morganti – May 25, 2012 07:21PM Reply Quote
Or, you know... a bunch of "peers" that know very little about technology could rule that

No, Google, despite saying in emails and elsewhere that they probably were in violation, in fact were

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/23/153540995/oracle-loses-in-patent-case-against-google

Not.

Morg "At least they had people on the jury that would know what a 'compiler' was, and what 'byte-code' was right" anti

John Willoughby – May 31, 2012 11:45AM Reply Quote
OK, well, how about "Don't be TOO Evil?"

ARL (Moderator) – June 07, 2012 10:18PM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – June 08, 2012 04:39AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I would not shed a tear if google died.

John Willoughby – June 08, 2012 11:13AM Reply Quote
Altavista Strikes Back!

John Willoughby – June 25, 2012 03:32PM Reply Quote
Well, they're done with Steve's health. Now they'll obsess about Larry Page's health.

El Jeffe – June 25, 2012 07:09PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Just saw this news. Throat cancer you think?
I know when I lost my voice it was due to what I called pharyngitis. Doc said I called it correctly. But the problem/source was hyperthyroidism. I considered it due to my diet.
I'm sure he has the funds to get the best treatment available. Hope he does, and does not delay or swing a dead chicken instead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login