Spork Boards

Milkshakes for...

rino's Avatar Picture rino – December 11, 2007 09:54AM Reply Quote
Generally miffed at something? Let the world know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 09:54AM by rino.

ddt – June 02, 2016 07:31PM Reply Quote
Hm, not sure if it's reflected in that right now, but I can't send a Message from my desktop Messages app -- it shows up green and then alerts me it wasn't delivered.

ddt

El Jeffe – June 15, 2016 03:59AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
My iTunes stays up 24/7.

Just woke up to this iTunes display...

ddt – June 15, 2016 08:01AM Reply Quote
I've had issues lately, too, but mine are that the Podcasts and Find My Friends app show up in Updates, but you can't update them -- I get dialog boxes saying "To get Find My Friends, search for it on the App Store on your iOS device." and the same for Podcasts. But I already have both apps, and App Store on my phone don't show any updates. I don't want to delete these apps, and the ones on my phone are up to date. WTF?

ddt

John Willoughby – June 15, 2016 10:30AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Have you ever been logged on with another Apple ID? You can get into a world of confusion if the apps/content on your phone were purchased under two different Apple ID's.

ddt – June 15, 2016 11:44AM Reply Quote
Hm, good question. Apple did force people to move from Apple IDs to email-as-Apple IDs. I'm worried that if I "buy" Podcasts again on my phone (on which I use the Podcasts app every day) I'll lose all the playlists and content -- just checked, the App Store app on my phone shows Podcasts and Find My Friends as purchased (I mean, you buy a new phone, they're already there). So confusing.

ddt

Cloudscout – October 13, 2016 06:59PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I've been getting a lot of robocalls on my mobile number over the last week. One number calls several times per day. I've tried answering it a few times but the call just disconnects when I do.

El Jeffe – October 13, 2016 07:59PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
i just started getting my FIRST ever ones... two today.

John Willoughby – October 13, 2016 08:08PM Reply Quote
I think that people are validating active phone numbers. If you answer, you get on the "good" list and get sold to mass marketing companies.

Just a theory.

johnny k – October 14, 2016 08:29AM Reply Quote
I try not to answer the phone if I don't know the number. If legit, they'll leave a message.

ddt – October 14, 2016 11:28AM Reply Quote
To add: a lot of them leave a message even if not legit!

Got two last week of the fake "this is the IRS and you owe money" scam, which is intensely illegal.

ddt

johnny k – October 14, 2016 11:42AM Reply Quote
Oh, right. But at least you'll know not to bother calling back. Though I suppose it still serves the purpose of verifying a live number. I'm hoping Apple will implement a junk call filter like I've seen third parties do.

John Willoughby – October 14, 2016 02:42PM Reply Quote
I am thunderstruck that Apple doesn't have better call screening/blocking features. A "send unknown callers straight to voicemail" option would be easy, and amazing. I'm wondering if their deals with the carriers prevents them from touching phone calls in any way other than a carefully limited manner. I know that AT&T's number blocking lets you define a very limited quantity of numbers in an annoying web interface. No provision for blocking "impossible" numbers (I get a lot of calls from (000) 000-0000).

The only time I bothered to jailbreak my iPhone was for an app that allowed much more sophisticated call handling, from a phone-based interface.

Apple could and should do better than they have.

El Jeffe – October 14, 2016 02:46PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
agreed.

Cloudscout – October 14, 2016 02:47PM Reply Quote
Both Android and Windows support an app called Truecaller which provides additional caller ID options and a crowd-sourced spam-blocker. It's been helpful but doesn't catch everything.

John Willoughby – October 14, 2016 03:06PM Reply Quote
This was the third-party iOS app that I used. Jailbreak required, of course. I haven't used it in years, so no guarantee implied.

porruka (Admin) – October 14, 2016 03:55PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
Cloudscout
Both Android and Windows support an app called Truecaller which provides additional caller ID options and a crowd-sourced spam-blocker. It's been helpful but doesn't catch everything.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/07/truecaller-callkit-ios10-apple/

ARL (Moderator) – October 14, 2016 07:50PM Reply Quote
Thanks for the link, P!

El Jeffe – October 15, 2016 04:54AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

Cloudscout – October 15, 2016 07:59AM Reply Quote
Glad to see it's on iOS as well. I've been using it for almost two years and I've never paid anything for it.

El Jeffe – January 19, 2017 05:50PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Costco. Not that much of a fan.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2017/01/feds_continue_pain-pill_crackd.html

Costco pharmacies filled prescriptions that were incomplete, lacked valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) numbers or were for substances beyond various doctors' scope of practice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login