Spork Boards

Milkshakes for...

rino's Avatar Picture rino – December 11, 2007 09:54AM Reply Quote
Generally miffed at something? Let the world know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 09:54AM by rino.

johnny k – September 26, 2014 03:58PM Reply Quote
CS, I know.
ddt, yeah, I hate how banks artificially take records offline after a period of time, anywhere from 3 to 18 months. Especially check images.
Thanks, John. I hope for a common interface that would allow me to optimize money flow by scheduling when I want to transfer money, and not worry about the various interfaces and arbitrary fees and rules and setup processes. If it could do that, then it could also prevent me from ever overdrafting and getting dinged by the banks.

ARL (Moderator) – September 26, 2014 09:22PM Reply Quote
ddt
Count me amongst those who see a cost/benefit analysis that points towards "collect the documents and send them somewhere".

Yup, that's me. Shoebox accounting FTW!

El Jeffe – October 03, 2014 07:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yes, we employ professional financial planners, accountants, etc. I don't kid myself into doing it myself.

ARL (Moderator) – November 14, 2014 10:16PM Reply Quote
Apple and their bullshit game of "basic functionality peek-a-boo" - case in point iTunes 12:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6607465

Really sick of having to look shit like this up after each update

El Jeffe – November 15, 2014 04:07AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
agreed. but I am liking yosemite right now.

Jeff Cooper – December 03, 2014 09:31PM Reply Quote
... Apple. When I first tried to pair my new iPhone 6 to my car, pairing failed. I was in a hurry, so I dismissed it from my mind. A few days later, when my phone rang while I was in the car and I had a choice of either manually answering or letting voicemail pick up, I remembered to try again as soon as I was stopped and parked. Again, it failed. I turned Bluetooth on and off, I rebooted my phone, nothing worked. I checked online, and it turns out this is a known issue: lots of people, mostly but not exclusively with newer cars (both domestic and imported), can't pair their phones to their cars. Updating to 8.1.1 did not resolve the issue for me, and it doesn't seem to have resolved the issue for many, if any. I don't think there's any question that this is Apple's fault--too many different auto manufacturers are affected for it to be their fault. My 5s paired just fine, even after I updated to iOS 8, so it sure seems like it's a problem with the new Apple hardware. Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed, and soon. This thing is still, after all, a phone. And right now I can't use it in my car.

El Jeffe – December 04, 2014 08:33AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
My Treo's been acting up...

bahamut – December 04, 2014 02:18PM Reply Quote
The companies that use my documents folder for their crap. Isn't document supposed to be MY documents folder? I have 85 items in there, of which maybe 10 are folders I have created myself.

Cloudscout – December 04, 2014 07:10PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
UPS still sucks.

ARL (Moderator) – December 05, 2014 05:24AM Reply Quote
Jeff Cooper
... Apple. When I first tried to pair my new iPhone 6 to my car, pairing failed. I was in a hurry, so I dismissed it from my mind. A few days later, when my phone rang while I was in the car and I had a choice of either manually answering or letting voicemail pick up, I remembered to try again as soon as I was stopped and parked. Again, it failed. I turned Bluetooth on and off, I rebooted my phone, nothing worked. I checked online, and it turns out this is a known issue: lots of people, mostly but not exclusively with newer cars (both domestic and imported), can't pair their phones to their cars. Updating to 8.1.1 did not resolve the issue for me, and it doesn't seem to have resolved the issue for many, if any. I don't think there's any question that this is Apple's fault--too many different auto manufacturers are affected for it to be their fault. My 5s paired just fine, even after I updated to iOS 8, so it sure seems like it's a problem with the new Apple hardware. Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed, and soon. This thing is still, after all, a phone. And right now I can't use it in my car.

Greetings Beta Tester! Please report your User Experience findings to 1 Infinite Loop, Palo Alto!

(seriously though, sorry to hear...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 05:25AM by ARL.

bahamut – December 05, 2014 07:52AM Reply Quote
One reason I bought my current car (a 2011 BMW) was the ease with which it would interact with apps on my iPhone, most notably MOG and iTunes over the car's main screen, allowing me to keep my eyes on the road. Neither works anymore. MOG has been replaced by Beats which has neither a desktop app capable of reasonable discover nor a working app for the car. iTunes kind of works, however, it's impossible to search for any music on it.

ddt – December 05, 2014 10:53AM Reply Quote
Stream kcrw.org?

ddt

John Willoughby – December 05, 2014 02:26PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Yeah, I didn't get my Leaf until I verified that it worked well with my iPhone. My previous car, an otherwise excellent Infiniti, had issues with my iPhone after I updated to whatever was new iOS at that time. The issues never really got fixed while I had that car although, to be fair, they were hassles not failures.

ARL (Moderator) – December 05, 2014 06:52PM Reply Quote
Apple iTunes and the excremental experience that is iTunes Extras...

Having not learned my lesson last year, I downloaded The Hobbit 2 extended edition and I watch a half hour iTunes Extra feature each morning with brekkie.

It's nice.

Except this morning no dice. I click the little iTunes Extra button, a wheel spins for a 1/2 second, and then nothing.

Unlike previous iTunes Extra purchases where you physically download all the extras, it's now streamed from "the cloud".

I hate "the cloud".

Fuck "the cloud".

ARL is so unhappy he's referring to himself in the third person.

Angrily so.

Eat a bag of dicks Apple. This is my last movie purchase from your sad little store ever.

johnny k – December 05, 2014 07:46PM Reply Quote
I have Sync by Microsoft in my car, and a Windows Phone 8.1, er, phone. Too much to ask that they work together in a special way beyond the usual Bluetooth connection? All I really need is for the Speak button on my wheel to trigger Cortana instead of the stupider Sync computer. Then I could actually choose what music to play, send a text, ask about traffic, etc. I shouldn't be surprised given that Sync is probably built on a Windows CE from a decade ago. Though it has had a few updates lately (gotta love how it asks if I want to install those updates EXCLUSIVELY while I'm driving, not even while at a stoplight.

Cloudscout – December 05, 2014 08:42PM Reply Quote
Microsoft introduced a workaround for that. Cortana has a fake phone number. Tell Sync that you want to call Cortana and it will trigger her voice interface.

bahamut – December 06, 2014 09:43PM Reply Quote
ARL, I only buy anything I care about Blu Ray. The rest I pirate via Usenet or if it's obscure and I'm desperate, Torrent. Fuck you if I can't get you to work, fuckerz, just fuck you. And fuck you Apple, I own shitloads of your stock and I won't touch your iTunes crap.

It was Mog, ddt. My wife was krcw, not me.

Cloudscout – December 10, 2014 11:30AM Reply Quote
Canon's WiFi implementation for cameras is a steaming pile of shit.

How is this useful to anybody?

I picked up a Canon S110 to replace my aging S90 thinking that I wouldn't need an EyeFi card anymore. I was wrong. With my EyeFi card, I can snap pictures and they will automatically sync up to my desktop computer once I'm in range of my WiFi networks (including my phone with tethering or my mobile hotspot). It required installing the client software on my computer and configuring the card for the WiFi networks. That's it.

Canon lets you upload your photos to their own cloud service or to Facebook, Flickr or Google Drive. The thing is, you have to do it manually. Either image-by-image or you can bulk-select a range of images and choose to copy them. But it always requires manual intervention.

The real kicker is the S110 is almost identical to the S100. The only difference is the addition of WiFi (useless) and a touchscreen (meh)... oh, and they removed the built-in GPS capability that the S100 had. If you want geotagging, you have to install the Canon app on your iPhone or Android phone and then connect your phone to the camera via an ad-hoc WiFi connection. It will then use the GPS data from your phone. Simple, right? (Nevermind the fact that I use a Windows phone now)

ddt – December 12, 2014 04:13PM Reply Quote
Fuck Blue Shield of California and fuck the system that optimizes returns so that the structures of "who's responsible" are so intentionally opaque and geared to deny you every nickel and dime. I need physical therapy, and the best place -- which works with Blue Shield of California EPO plan holders (which is what I have) -- is considered "out of network" for my plan, because of my ZIP code. Literally, if I lived three blocks away, cool.

This PT place worked with other BS EPO plan holders by getting BS to send a letter stating they will pay the provider at PPO rates. But again, that's not an option for me. The Continuity of Care division (how Orwellian) used to be the place to allow this, but as of a few months ago they only allow critical care and only if that provider worked with you before.

My only recourses are a) pay cash, out of pocket b) file requests for each visit, code the procedures, see if they'll pay for part of it c) go find somewhere else miles away that doesn't provide good, specialized care (already looked, closest passable place is almost 20 miles away and busy).

Fuck y'all who say the market rooolz and fuck the invisible hand, which is currently giving me an unrequired and unrequested prostate exam.

ddt

dharlow – December 12, 2014 05:01PM Reply Quote
Oh I have one better, Doctor is listed in network, confirm with BlueCross, confirm with doctors office. Get the bill of course billed out of network, call doctors office oh well we decided to bill it under this tax ID which is out of network. File complaint with insurance, insurance responds well the doctor can choose which tax ID they want to bill under and you should of made sure they were going to be in-network before going to that doctor nothing we can do.

Welcome to health insurance hell.

Daniel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login