Spork Boards

Presidential Politics

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:43AM Reply Quote
Every election is the most important one.

John Willoughby – September 06, 2018 03:26PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Spoken: "He's an ass." Unspoken: "But I will never vote for a Democrat."

ARL (Moderator) – September 07, 2018 12:16AM Reply Quote
John Willoughby

That's fine. They just need to not vote for Trump.

John Willoughby – September 07, 2018 11:48AM Reply Quote
ARL

That's fine. They just need to not vote for Trump.

Sadly, they vote. They'll shake their heads, then vote straight GOP party line. Otherwise they might have to pay taxes.

John Willoughby – September 08, 2018 04:36PM Reply Quote

Ah, with the factories that don't exist, the tools which Apple doesn't own, the American workers without the necessary fabrication expertise, and the assemblers who would be far more costly to hire. That should take, what, a month to set up? I'm sure Apple's product price points will remain competitive with those of companies that can continue to do business with Chinese partners.

Cloudscout – September 08, 2018 04:41PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
ddt
To yinz in red states, or have red family/friends/cow-workers: how are they feeling about the president? Is there any tide turning? Or are they digging in? How do they see the other side?

Most tend to act like this is a sports event and Democrats vs. Republicans is like Packers vs. Bears to them.

John Willoughby – September 12, 2018 12:07PM Reply Quote
Wouldn't put it past Trump, but this is an election year. I suspect that it has more to do with Virginia's more northerly location and the consequent greater time to assess and prepare.

ARL (Moderator) – September 19, 2018 01:14AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – September 19, 2018 04:18PM Reply Quote
Slander of the First Penis! Fake news!

ddt – September 27, 2018 09:57AM Reply Quote
Seems like a totally smart, stable, and competent leader who is in it for the good of the country and not "my fucking money": https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/27/this-guy-doesnt-know-anything-the-inside-story-of-trumps-shambolic-transition-team

ddt

tliet – September 27, 2018 11:59PM Reply Quote

Stier knew an astonishing number of them. He had detected a pattern: a surprising number of the people responsible for them were first-generation Americans who had come from places without well-functioning governments. People who had lived without government were more likely to find meaning in it. On the other hand, people who had never experienced a collapsed state were slow to appreciate a state that had not yet collapsed.

This! The argument that I make these days to the no-tax proponents is to take their life to one of the many countries in this world that have a far lower rate than the first world countries we live in. Not the other way around where there's a constant pressure to increase the speed at which we race to the bottom.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2018 12:01AM by tliet.

ARL (Moderator) – September 28, 2018 05:37AM Reply Quote
A very salient point about this whole vast left wing Brett Kavanaugh conspiracy.

The whole thrust of his argument—his belligerent, conspiracy-minded argument—is that Democrats set all this up and Democrats sprung Dr. Ford out of thin air to rob him of what he believes he is entitled to. Why Democrats didn't invent women out of thin air to go after Neil Gorsuch he doesn't say, although of course it is on the mind of any rational person watching Mr. Kavanaugh's meltdown.

tliet – September 28, 2018 09:30AM Reply Quote
It’s moot anyway. Curious to find out what the reaction will be during the election. Is it a question of; we’ll get this and we won’t be needing anything anymore?

John Willoughby – October 03, 2018 04:04PM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – October 03, 2018 04:26PM Reply Quote
Fantastic - I hope the Dems are brave for once and nominate her.

ddt – October 03, 2018 07:13PM Reply Quote
What I don't really get (I mean, I can get it, if I'm utterly cynical) is how Republicans who shout about how the US is or should be a Christian state, who crow about how Christian they and their values are... also are so cruel: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/

Also, check out the comments from the "good Christian people" in the comments at Redstate.com, especially in the article talking about a sitting congressman sending out messages about how one of Kavanaugh's accusers once was curious about multiple partners. The comments are uniformly: "that skank" or "she's a floozy so she can't be believed" or "she deserves whatever punishment she gets".

I mean, for fuck's sake -- it's literally illegal to raise an accuser's past sexual history in rape cases. Not to mention that group sex can be consensual, while what Kavanaugh has been accused of was most certainly not.

'Splain to me, please.

ddt

John Willoughby – October 03, 2018 10:11PM Reply Quote
Easy. It's not about faith or morality. It is about cynically using faith and morality as tools to motivate people to vote for your cause.

johnny k – October 03, 2018 11:32PM Reply Quote
Gods don't kill people. People with gods kill people.

dharlow – October 04, 2018 02:01AM Reply Quote
Warren would be a risky pick, just recently only polling in the single digits ahead of Trump. Too close for comfort.

John Willoughby – October 04, 2018 10:57AM Reply Quote
Does anybody poll farther ahead with the general public?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login