Spork Boards

Presidential Politics

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:43AM Reply Quote
Every election is the most important one.

John Willoughby – May 24, 2017 06:41PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Sessions met with the Russians and didn't disclose the meetings. This would be hilarious if they weren't destroying my country.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html

Is "The Keystone Kabinet" trademarked by anyone?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 06:43PM by John Willoughby.

ddt – May 24, 2017 08:10PM Reply Quote
Anyone wanna defend a Congressional candidate bodyslamming a reporter for asking a question? Anyone?

Wait, I see someone tweeting that "what right does a BRITISH reporter have to ask an American?" -- Oh, and they're calling the Guardian reporter a "leftist". Because the question of "you said X about the CBO score, now it's out, does that still hold?"

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 25, 2017 01:18AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – May 25, 2017 12:01PM Reply Quote
Can't access that image, ARL. It was probably body-slammed by the GOP.

John Willoughby – May 25, 2017 02:28PM Reply Quote

Bruce Robertson – May 25, 2017 04:58PM Reply Quote
#widow OOOOH, love it. Perfect.

ARL (Moderator) – May 25, 2017 06:51PM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – May 25, 2017 07:05PM Reply Quote
John Willoughby
Can't access that image, ARL. It was probably body-slammed by the GOP.

I'd been wondering how well my lazy attempts to hotlink images straight from FB were working. Not so well it seems.

John Willoughby – May 25, 2017 07:47PM Reply Quote
I'm so glad that complex economic issues can be resolved by throwing a tantrum like a two-year-old.

"The Germans are bad, very bad", Trump said to EU boss Juncker. "Look at all the cars they're selling in the US.We're gonna stop that.".

ARL (Moderator) – May 25, 2017 10:29PM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – May 26, 2017 12:05AM Reply Quote
Sigh.

A top Trump adviser, Sam Clovis, then employed what campaign aides now acknowledge was their go-to vetting process — a quick Google search — to check out the newcomer.

John Willoughby – May 26, 2017 11:40AM Reply Quote
Overseas attempts to hack the highly porous Trump organization. If he'd only divested himself properly, his company wouldn't have been a target.

John Willoughby – May 26, 2017 12:51PM Reply Quote
Comey acted on Russian intelligence that he knew was planted.

Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process.

Didn't want the government to look bad. How's that working out for you, James?

John Willoughby – May 26, 2017 07:27PM Reply Quote
Yeah, no reason to suspect collaboration here.

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

If nothing else, this whole experience is giving the Russians an excellent idea of what our intelligence agencies know about them. Effort well spent, Putin, well spent.

ARL (Moderator) – May 26, 2017 11:43PM Reply Quote
The "Trump factor" is killing far-right parties worldwide...

The party that led Britain's Brexit uprising, UKIP, is verging on irrelevancy. In recent local council elections all 145 of its sitting councillors were thrown out, and it gained just one new seat. The greatest encouragement that former leader Nigel Farage could offer was to say the party "will survive".

In France, the National Front's Marine Le Pen was soundly beaten in the presidential election by an establishment figure, former banker Emmanuel Macron.

And in the Netherlands, the upstart party of the far-right Geert Wilders was defeated by the government of centrist Mark Rutte. Germany's own far-right party, Alternative for Deutschland, is languishing. The main contest is between the establishment parties, Angela Merkel's coalition government and the Social Democrats.

"The notion of a kind of 'Internationale' of the nationalists is no longer going to be viable at all," concludes the former top US diplomat for European affairs, Daniel Fried.

One widespread explanation? A "Trump factor". Seeing Trump as president was "making people think twice about voting for a populist, as people have seen that if you elect a populist you can get all kinds of wacky policies," says Charles Grant of London's Centre for European Reform. And Brexit showed that while a protest vote could be fun, the disruption that followed "is not funny at all".

Assuming this keeps up momentum, I guess the rest of the world has to say "thank you (and sucks to be you)."

El Jeffe – May 27, 2017 07:37AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I heard Maxine Water's rant re: populist president. Not what you think....
Polar opposite take/defense on such thing, when it is on other foot.

https://grabien.com/file.php?id=201491

I've taken liberty to swap sides with the following - from Waters' transcript. But, you can listen and insert them as you hear her say them for yourselves as well.

“Mr. Speaker and members, how must our American soldiers feel to have their commander-in-chief under attack while they are engaged in battle? They have the Left to feel betrayed and undermined. Today, we are here in the people’s House debating the partisan impeachment of the president of the United States of America, while the commander-in-chief is managing a crisis and asking world leaders for support. This is, indeed, a Democratic Party coup d’etat.

Mr. Speaker and members, Americans all, the Democratic Party will couch this extremist, radical anarchy in pious language which distorts the Constitution and the rule of law.

Mr. and Mrs. Trump are the real targets, and the Democratic Party are the vehicles being used by the Left-wing Liberal Coalition extremists to direct and control our culture.

The rule of law has been violated in denying the president notice of charges, by the abuse of power in the collecting of so-called “evidence” and the denial of the presumption of innocence.

President Trump is not guilty of the trumped up charges presented in these four articles of impeachment. Yes, Donald J. Trump is guilty of certain indiscretions in his private life. However, he did not commit high crimes and misdemeanors.

Rather, the president is guilty of being a populous leader who opened up government and access to the poor, to minorities, to women and to the working class.

President Donald J. Trump is guilty of not being owned by the good old West Coast boys or the Inner City Urban establishment.

President Trump is guilty of being smart enough to outmaneuver the Democratic Party in the budget negotiations, electoral politics and the development and implementation of the people’s agenda.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am an African-American woman. I’m accustomed to having to fight and struggle for fairness and justice.

James Comey, I know and recognize abuse of power when I see it. You are guilty.

However, I am greatly disappointed in the raw, unmasked, unbridled hatred and meanness that drives this impeachment coups d’etat, this unapologetic disregard for the voice of the people.

My Democratic Party friends, what you do here today will long be remembered and recorded in history as one of the most despicable actions ever taken by the Congress of the United States of America.

I dare the Democratic Party of this House to allow themselves to move just one inch, and give me and my colleagues the opportunity to vote for an alternative. I dare you to be fair. I dare you to allow us to vote for censure.

I yield back the balance of my time.”

ddt – May 27, 2017 08:06AM Reply Quote
Well, points for not saying "Democrat party". But the swapping object exercise says nothing about whether the substance of the charges are supportable or not -- and we're seeing a lot of evidence supporting Walters' original point about Trump. Can you provide evidence for the swapped rhetoric?

Don't confuse form with content. You can take computer code that's valid, swap out content, and it probably won't be runnable code/do the opposite.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – May 27, 2017 08:00PM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – May 28, 2017 08:42PM Reply Quote

Well, not all the GOP smarties pushing that voucher nonsense.

They've got their kids in wholesome, private, non-communist schools. Thank-you-very-much...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2017 08:43PM by ARL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login