Spork Boards

Presidential Politics

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:43AM Reply Quote
Every election is the most important one.

John Willoughby – July 25, 2017 09:40PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

bahamut – July 25, 2017 11:02PM Reply Quote
RE: what Johnny K said.

Yeah, I feel like BLM had a huge amount to do with the loss. There were many factors, obviously, including Russian meddling (although I suspect it in BLM), but the attacks on both HRC and BS were not matched by attacks on the Republicans. There was constant equivocating (HRC is just as bad as Trump) and when the bullets flew in Dallas (and elsewhere) and there was no major statement from the BLM leadership about how wrong that was, I'm sure that moved white votes 1 or 2% to the Right and that's all it took. Black lives matter. BLM, however, is not an organization I'm fond of. To say this is heresy, but it is also the fucking truth.

Speaking of truth, as in Truthers…Our President continues to act bonkers. What a loser. Sad!

ARL (Moderator) – July 26, 2017 03:56AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

There were many factors, obviously, including Russian meddling (although I suspect it in BLM)

That's a big, indeed yuuuge claim to make there Baha...

ARL (Moderator) – July 26, 2017 03:58AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

ddt – July 26, 2017 10:39AM Reply Quote
Apparently the RAND Corp is also "fake news". I mean, people at redstate,com are glad of the transgender ban in the military (announced by coup-like tweets), b/c they're sure it affects military readiness, incurs high costs. So, you know, their feels must be truthy, right?

Here's the RAND study: http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR1530.html

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – July 26, 2017 01:35PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Just a bunch of assholes in power for the most part.

ARL (Moderator) – July 27, 2017 09:35PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Holy fuck, that Scaramucci guy is diplomatic AF, no?

John Willoughby – July 28, 2017 10:27AM Reply Quote
Perfect public face for the Trump administration.

John Willoughby – July 28, 2017 10:29AM Reply Quote
Mike Huckabee wants to repeal the 17th Amendment, and return selection of Senators to the state legislatures. How delightfully self-serving and undemocratic. The people don't like our platforms, let's reduce the influence of the people.

ddt – July 28, 2017 11:16AM Reply Quote
Welcome to decades of gerrymandering and voter ID laws (I mean voter suppression -- show me 10 cases of voter fraud).

ddt

John Willoughby – July 28, 2017 11:27AM Reply Quote
This place is getting more like 17th century France all the time. It won't be pretty when the guillotines get set up.

John Willoughby – July 29, 2017 02:39PM Reply Quote
Dammit. 18th century France. My mind is going.

ddt – July 29, 2017 10:50PM Reply Quote
Hey, any time period that recognized and valued the Enlightenment would be an improvement.

ddt

John Willoughby – July 31, 2017 01:59PM Reply Quote
Scaramucci is out as WH Communications Director. Five day reign. Five too many.

Cloudscout – July 31, 2017 02:02PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
He'll be replaced by Martin Shkrelli.

johnny k – July 31, 2017 02:18PM Reply Quote
And I thought he was perfect for the job in Trump's eyes, being a brash New Yorker like himself. My bet is that John Barron takes over.

John Willoughby – July 31, 2017 02:28PM Reply Quote
Why do they need a Communications Director? Trump uses Twitter, and the press briefings are just suspiciously gung ho letters from nine-year-olds praising Trump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 02:28PM by John Willoughby.

ddt – July 31, 2017 06:55PM Reply Quote
If you or anyone you know reads or has books from Regnery Publishing, please read this (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/07/alt-right-william-regnery-richard-spencer/) and back away slowly from the books.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – July 31, 2017 09:53PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Any time I see the name Richard Spencer I ponder this conundrum and its counterpoint.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login