Spork Boards

Click Click Click

ghidorah's Avatar Picture ghidorah – January 07, 2008 11:55PM Reply Quote
his tongue went click click click as his head hit the basket after the guillotine's blade had sliced it cleanly. for a few seconds his eyes blinked and a reddening of the cheeks was noted by the attending physician. the crowd howled in glee...

oh, i'm sorry, wrong topic. click click click is for camera/photo/digital photo discussions which seem to have a place in our hearts.

Originally started by Baha at the old site, I thought it was time we brought it to the new boards

johnny k – November 16, 2015 10:22PM Reply Quote
You're right. Still lame considering the iPhone 5 came out in 2012. But that's why they're winning.

El Jeffe – November 17, 2015 05:51AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I think most folks share my opinion that Windows phone is dead.

Cloudscout – November 17, 2015 09:20AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
It may be. I hope it isn't.

Really, their only chance right now is if Project Islandwood succeeds in growing their app catalog but I'm not holding my breath. I've pre-ordered my Lumia 950XL knowing full well that it may be the end of the road.

johnny k – November 17, 2015 05:51PM Reply Quote
Yeah, I know it's dying, but if the thing is functional right now, I'm happy to keep using it. And it's super functional for me.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 22, 2015 11:08AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
so I am going to get a retina macbook and wanted to upgrade my photos. I am still just a few steps above consumer, but was wondering if Lightroom was worth the price to ditch the photos app. Or is there something else better?

El Jeffe – December 22, 2015 01:57PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

tomierna (Admin) – December 22, 2015 09:44PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
My biggest complaints with Photos (still having a sizable number of Aperture libraries I've not converted over yet) are the workflow. I haven't figured out keypresses for common actions yet so that my previous editing workflows are as fast. This includes being able to do a first pass of throwaways (was the 9 key) and ratings (1-5). Then, after the weeding pass, getting to the adjustments seems slower.

I've not tried Lightroom, so I'll probably keep using Aperture until it no longer is compatible, and then move to Photos around the same time I figure out the workflow.

johnny k – December 22, 2015 10:38PM Reply Quote
I just finally "upgraded" to Photos. I have several libraries and I've got some reorg to do, so I did it using PowerPhotos. iPhoto: 14,660 photos. Photos.app: 14,035. Uhh... I am super-paranoid about losing any photos and this is not helping.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 23, 2015 12:04AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Yeah, I like really don't like the interface. Why do I have to relearn what a double click does every few versions? It seems like doing am sort of tagging requires twice as much time just for navigation.

Johnny - same here. I import photos on two computers and my wife imports on hers. Between the three computers I figure we should be able to recover any photo we have. Will probably upload them to the photos app on the nas as well.

El Jeffe – December 23, 2015 08:45AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
i hate photos with a passion.

El Jeffe – March 05, 2016 05:35PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Why do some girls/women, usually when in groups/teams, in the front row, do the knee-bend, with hands on knees thing?

Cloudscout – March 05, 2016 08:03PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Perspective. It lets them look up at the camera, shrinking double-chin appearance. It also accentuates cleavage.

porruka (Admin) – March 25, 2016 09:44AM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
MOAR NEWLY FREE PHOTO TOOLS

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

bahamut – March 28, 2016 09:25PM Reply Quote
Thanks Porruka! That's a great set of free tools!!!! I used to pirate em (after I got bitter about some update or another after paying for one).

El Jeffe – May 08, 2016 05:32PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
The camera in the iPhone SE is impressing me.
The 240 fps video, shot a couple, is really cool, and looks great image-wise.

vid.me doesn't do it justice. But here is example https://vid.me/kLJ1

bahamut – May 10, 2016 10:14PM Reply Quote
It is just insane that you can do that today. And that you can do that with a phone.

ghidorah – September 10, 2016 02:13PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
Really like the feature set of the new ff pentax K1. perhaps when lightly used models show up in Ebay I'll take the plunge.

bahamut – September 10, 2016 11:29PM Reply Quote
I love the Fujis. I have an XPro-2. It's mental.

ghidorah – September 11, 2016 01:11PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
Fuji has some seriously good glass. Would love to see them come out with a medium formate digital rangefinder.

bahamut – September 13, 2016 12:47PM Reply Quote
That would be nice, but I think too limited a use case for them to make. It'd require new glass of course, etc.

They also have great sensors. Is there any reason to keep my EOS system?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login