Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:41AM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

John Willoughby – October 10, 2018 05:10PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Bide a while.

El Jeffe – October 10, 2018 08:06PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I seriously feel dirty afterwards.

El Jeffe – October 30, 2018 03:46PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Daughter and I just can't get into this season of Doctor Who. The writing is just not hitting home for us.

ARL (Moderator) – November 12, 2018 06:51AM Reply Quote
I’ve been contemplating watching Bodyguard, but I also like Hasan Minaj’s Patriot Act, and he criticised it as being Islamophobic.

This was the first I’d heard of that particular complaint (and it otherwise gets good reviews). Anyone watched it and want to comment?

Is it barely noticeable or say, Homeland-level blatant?

ddt – November 12, 2018 11:03AM Reply Quote
This season of Who is interesting. Chibnall seems to be sold on going back to "each episode must have some educational content", which was in the original pitch. And every new Doctor takes a while to gel, for in-canon and meta reasons. I like who this Doctor is becoming though some of the stories are clunky.

On the upside, it's shot so much better. Whittaker is great. And the acting, even in eh-written roles, has been genuinely great. Watch the latest one, about the Partition.

ddt

ddt – November 12, 2018 03:24PM Reply Quote
I didn't have the same person connection to the Punjab episode of Doctor Who, but some people really did. Read the comments below the review: https://io9.gizmodo.com/yaz-finally-steps-into-the-spotlight-for-a-poignant-doc-1830370490

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – November 12, 2018 08:57PM Reply Quote
On a tangent, tell us something we don't know, GRRM.

To be fair, I wonder how Tolkien would have coped with deadlines in the social media era...

John Willoughby – November 13, 2018 11:52AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
ARL
To be fair, I wonder how Tolkien would have coped with deadlines in the social media era...

There wasn't a lot of interest in his books when he was writing them; he could afford to take his time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login