Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:41AM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

bahamut – September 09, 2018 02:17PM Reply Quote
ddt
omg an office space retrospective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aprPbaq1V04

ddt

So Good!

John Willoughby – September 10, 2018 10:39AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

John Willoughby – September 10, 2018 10:43AM Reply Quote
Well, I tried to make a post about Apple winning an Emmy... the post failed, it won't allow me to re-post because an "identical post" has already been made, post doesn't show up.

Weird. Anyway, Apple won an Emmy for Carpool Karaoke.

porruka (Admin) – September 10, 2018 01:17PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
That means I’m not the only one seeing issues. I’ve discovered that the Recent Messages link still works to show posts.

tomierna (Admin) – September 10, 2018 01:39PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
We had a power outage yesterday that probably corrupted something in the forum database. I ran the various consistency checkers available in the forum software and it seems to have fixed things.

This forum is now being run from a machine in my house, and I guess I need to add some UPS capacity.

John Willoughby – September 10, 2018 05:16PM Reply Quote
Thanks, Tom! Need money for that?

tomierna (Admin) – September 10, 2018 08:49PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Nah, I've got an unused UPS at the office that I can bring home.

Continue to use the B&H and Amazon affiliate links though!

dharlow – September 10, 2018 11:46PM Reply Quote
If needed I can always put it on a VM in my data center.

El Jeffe – September 19, 2018 04:31PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I have never seen KISS's Paul Stanley outside of performing. But just now in searching for something Indianapolis related, came across this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykihjan4NF8&frags=pl%2Cwn

Man, he seems like a very nice, well grounded person.

John Willoughby – September 22, 2018 09:08PM Reply Quote
Apple's Upcoming Streaming Service Is Reportedly So Bland Staff Are Calling It 'Expensive NBC'

The Journal wrote that CEO Tim Cook personally shot down Apple’s first scripted drama Vital Signs, about the life of hip-hop magnate Dr. Dre, after he watched the already-filmed show and was alarmed to see scenes featuring cocaine use, an orgy, and “drawn guns”

[...]

Apple earmarked $1 billion for Hollywood programming last year. But in the tone CEO Mr. Cook has set for it, whatever Apple produces mustn’t taint a pristine brand image that has helped the company collect 80% of the profits in the global smartphone market.

About what I figured. It's going to be the Disney channel, but without the kid appeal.

ARL (Moderator) – September 22, 2018 10:19PM Reply Quote
Jesus-wept. If Tim Cook wants his own sanitised stepford-channel he should fund that with his own money.

People go on about the nanny-state, but nanny-corporations are just as bad.

Apple has become Microsoft. They are embarrassing prudes who need to get out of content-creation entirely.

johnny k – September 23, 2018 10:36PM Reply Quote
Not fussed. What content has Apple actually created yet? As long as they don't curate out the fun parts of life, or of films I watch on Netflix, they can keep on burning money to support the arts.

Why is Cook so weird about this? It really does seem to match his boring U2-loving Christian-dad persona, which makes me wonder whether he's aware that his tastes, while mainstream, are not on-brand with Apple's position as sophisticated tastemakers. Could be just as simple as, we need compelling exclusives on our service, and we'll leave the racy stuff to the other providers, which I guess is fine. But youth has driven Apple's image, and the subsequent eye-rolling is going to hurt it.

El Jeffe – September 24, 2018 06:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
DIVORCE seems to have been an accepted solution in one area and must be applied to all our various other areas.

When two people, constituent groups, electorate, regions, markets, etc. have fundamental disagreements I find most solutions to such things just need a separation.
Apple can offer split or spin off some new service. Now, this new service could be "the highly sanitized one" OR the "no holds barred one".
I am in favor and would support the split. I like changes instead of dissatisfaction; and if folks are dissatisfied of the SPLIT, then stop caring about what those people say. :)

John Willoughby – September 24, 2018 11:37AM Reply Quote
Didn't Disney create Touchstone to be their studio with more mature content? Segregating it away from their kids' products, but not entirely excising mature content.

ddt – September 24, 2018 12:19PM Reply Quote
"The Straight Story" -- a David Lynch film from Buena Vista (Disney) productions.

ddt

ddt – September 24, 2018 12:46PM Reply Quote
In any case... anyone watching Season 2 of The Deuce? It seems funnier with more adorable character moments, yet still tough and full of social change.

ddt

ddt – October 09, 2018 10:52PM Reply Quote
Sorry To Bother You -- can't say much without spoiling (I can say I know most of the locations they shot at) -- but see it.

ddt

El Jeffe – October 10, 2018 04:14AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
my move to Sprint (5 unlimited lines... for $120) also nets Hulu and Tidal.
Hulu with this has commercials.
I have not seen commercials in a dozen years.
I want to gouge my eyes out.

johnny k – October 10, 2018 01:06PM Reply Quote
I know, watching "real" TV, especially sporting events (the only reason to do so), has that Idiocracy vibe. Explains our general electorate.

Roger – October 10, 2018 03:23PM Reply Quote
Yeah. I only really see a lot of TV ads during the baseball playoffs and after two or three weeks of them I always end up a little surprised that the nation hasn't already devolved into Mad Max-style anarchy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login