Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:41AM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

John Willoughby – February 28, 2017 04:38PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

ARL (Moderator) – February 28, 2017 06:06PM Reply Quote
And that's another nail in the coffin for AppleTV and any hoped-for Apple SVOD...

John Willoughby – March 03, 2017 11:45AM Reply Quote

porruka (Admin) – March 03, 2017 11:56AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.

From the article:

"In terms of original content, we've put our toe in the water doing some original content for Apple Music, and that will be rolling out throughout the year," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, on a conference call following the company's most recent earnings results. "We're learning from that and we'll go from there."

So Apple Music really will be the new iTunes? A misnamed umbrella brand that is kludged to incorporate all sorts of entities that bear little connection to the original mission?

John Willoughby – March 03, 2017 01:22PM Reply Quote
Why would they change a winning formula? And you forgot to mention the terrible interface!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2017 01:23PM by John Willoughby.

Cloudscout – March 18, 2017 01:44PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I finally got around to reading Ready Player One. Good book. There were a bunch of things that seemed really familiar about it, though. At first, I was drawing parallels with Snow Crash but now I realize that it's far more similar to the 2001 movie "Avalon".

ddt – March 18, 2017 02:19PM Reply Quote
Been binging on the podcast The People v Batman v Superman. Fun.

ddt

johnny k – March 18, 2017 02:51PM Reply Quote
Get Out was great, though not exactly as horror.

ARL (Moderator) – March 18, 2017 11:31PM Reply Quote
In a moment of weakness, I watch both the final Resident Evil and Underworld movies.

Bad and awful. Glad I did not pay movie ticket price for either.

When even Milla Jovavich and Kate Beckinsale can't hold my interest, you know the plotline has worn down to nothing

ARL (Moderator) – March 19, 2017 05:41AM Reply Quote
DPBD!

Mixed reviews about Iron Fist.

Anyone watched it?

ddt – March 19, 2017 09:31AM Reply Quote
I've seen the first two episodes. They're just kinda... there. Though I like cranky-as-shit Colleen Wing (and they do a good job dressing her; nice balance of what someone in that life would actually wear with a bit of street fashion).

At first I thought one character was just basically a Trump Jr. wooden parody -- he's only a decent actor when up against a more wooden father figure.

Overall, agreeing with the AV Club reviews.

ddt

johnny k – March 19, 2017 12:50PM Reply Quote
I guess everyone liked Luke Cage but my wife thought the first episode was super-cheesy. I didn't think it was that bad, but certainly a comedown from Jessica Jones.

I don't know much about Iron Fist, but surprised the Guardian article is the first I've seen to bitch about a white guy being the Best at Kung Fu. Maybe casting a white actor as a white character isn't whitewashing, but it would've been a good opportunity to cast an Asian there. Or would that be racist? Fine, give him guns, I dunno.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2017 12:53PM by johnny k.

John Willoughby – March 19, 2017 01:10PM Reply Quote
I liked Luke Cage. Probably better than Jessica Jones (because JJ's past was traumatic for me), but they were both very good IMHO.

ddt – March 25, 2017 09:19PM Reply Quote
I am excited to see that.

ddt

John Willoughby – March 26, 2017 01:15PM Reply Quote
Sigh. Well, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

ARL (Moderator) – March 28, 2017 09:07AM Reply Quote
I quite enjoyed Jonathon Strange and Mr Norell.

Had meant to read the book.

El Jeffe – March 28, 2017 10:45AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
YES YES YES!
I got my wife hooked on that.
Loved it.

John Willoughby – March 28, 2017 10:49AM Reply Quote
ARL
I quite enjoyed Jonathon Strange and Mr Norell.

Had meant to read the book.

I found the book quite dull and overlong. Which is odd, as I have done a fair amount of reading in that historical period. I expected to like it much more.

johnny k – March 28, 2017 01:54PM Reply Quote
I liked the book a lot. I must be immune to dullness, as I tried to get my wife to watch the show and it didn't take. Maybe I'll watch it on my own, right after The Expanse.

Finally got Overdrive hooked up to my library, and currently reading Underground Airlines. Good so far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login