Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:41AM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

John Willoughby – March 04, 2019 11:50AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
El Jeffe
Norm looks like Chuck Woolery now.

Saw him recently on The Orville, and I was surprised. It's been a long time since I've actually seen him, I guess.

El Jeffe – March 04, 2019 02:35PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
still, wonder if they could just buy netflix.

John Willoughby – March 04, 2019 02:44PM Reply Quote
They may be worried about monopoly charges if they acquired a major streaming content provider.

johnny k – March 04, 2019 03:08PM Reply Quote
A monopoly on what? Even if Apple were to make Netflix exclusive (when their content strategy seems to be going the other way, with Apple Music on TVs), the choices for video are endless.

Anyway, Netflix isn't as cheap as you might think. Its market cap of $150B is more than half of Apple's cash.

John Willoughby – March 04, 2019 03:35PM Reply Quote
Sixty million PAYING Netflix subscribers in the US is a pretty good chunk of the for-profit video market. And Apple got sued for monopolistic practices when they entered the eBook market, starting from a zero-share.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 03:35PM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – March 05, 2019 01:50AM Reply Quote
A micromanaging CEO dabbling in areas he has absolutely no idea about = not what Apple needs at all...

bahamut – March 05, 2019 09:16AM Reply Quote
I can't imagine watching anything made by Apple. It's a waste of my money as a shareholder.

Roger – March 06, 2019 04:12PM Reply Quote

Cook, 58, has been public about wanting family-friendly content, but insiders say the tech giant has also passed on storylines because they are about potentially controversial topics, like religion or the negative consequences of technology.

“They want a positive view of technology,” the producer noted.

This sounds like a disaster. Why do this at all? Why does every tech company suddenly want to be a shitty TV network?

johnny k – March 06, 2019 04:25PM Reply Quote
Capitalism requires growth, and as their core markets are saturating, they have to move to either wherever eyeballs are looking to sell ads, or to a defensive measure against those.

Roger – March 06, 2019 05:42PM Reply Quote
johnny k
Capitalism requires growth, and as their core markets are saturating,

Apple should open a chain of fast-casual restaurants! Why aren't they selling vinyl siding and window replacements? Apple needs to defend itself against incursions in the soft-drink space.

John Willoughby – March 06, 2019 05:54PM Reply Quote
All executives secretly want to be rock stars and tv and movie producers. The whole "because you are an executive, you are the pinnacle of human evolution" mindset encourages absurd overreaches.

johnny k – March 06, 2019 09:50PM Reply Quote
Speaking of, haven't heard from Howard Schultz lately.

Ah, yes, they say that rappers all wanted to be basketball players and basketball players all wanted to be rappers.

Apple started out with content as a necessary evil to complete the product vision. iTunes Store, right? And Apple Music was a reaction. Presumably Apple TV needs that kick in the pants of exclusive content (never mind new experiences — iTunes LP, anyone?), though I think it is what it is at this point. They need that services revenue. Wouldn't want to put undue pressure on Ive to make hardware people want and be labeled a sellout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2019 09:53PM by johnny k.

El Jeffe – March 07, 2019 07:20AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I wanted be lost in the world of winnie the pooh. maybe not entirely fair to say "ED"... still want.

ddt – March 14, 2019 10:31PM Reply Quote
Still watching Discovery, well half-watching, as it's available when I'm pooped as I get home. More half-hatewatching.

But did anyone else, at a certain point in tonight's episode, say, "What you fail to realize is -- I'm dragging mines"?

ddt

El Jeffe – March 20, 2019 09:51AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Indiana in the 80s. There is no better heaven.

https://youtu.be/YEG3bmU_WaI

tliet – March 31, 2019 02:07PM Reply Quote
Watched this series in two sessions this weekend, 4 episodes each. Good music, good plot and good acting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login