Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:41AM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

ddt – October 25, 2017 09:47PM Reply Quote
Watching through The Good Place. Glad there was finally a hint (though only a hint) of a romantic soulmate pairing that wasn't two straight, opposite-sex people.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – October 25, 2017 10:45PM Reply Quote
I've noticed the imdb ratings for The Good Place are plummeting. MRAs suffering butthurt over a strong female lead?

El Jeffe – October 26, 2017 07:50PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I found the good place to easily step over the bounds of good taste, not suitable for families. That's just me, though.

ddt – October 26, 2017 08:10PM Reply Quote
Especially when some of the jokes rely on knowing Bentham.

ddt

El Jeffe – October 27, 2017 04:00AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
It was timely that BBC radio's "In Our Time" had episode on Kant, recently. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0952zl3
That helped fill in the void in my brain.

ddt – October 27, 2017 09:34AM Reply Quote
Kant, in the end, isn't so hard. But he was a lawyer, so he had to write an entire dense book to approach the same conclusion three ways. If you didn't get it from that BBC podcast (which is a great podcast), it's easy to think of the categorical imperative as a "do unto others", because basically, if you cast an action in the "if I do this, then I am saying it's okay for everyone else to do this, perhaps to me" form, well, about the same.

ddt

John Willoughby – October 27, 2017 01:03PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

ddt – November 04, 2017 01:56PM Reply Quote
In case you were worried, Immigrant Song is in Thor: Ragnarok. Twice, actually.

In case you were worried.

ddt

El Jeffe – November 13, 2017 03:42PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
LotR reboot... believe it or not... Amazon

porruka (Admin) – November 13, 2017 04:03PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
El Jeffe
LotR reboot... believe it or not... Amazon

Not reboot per more recent reports; a prequel. Unknown publicly what time period though.

John Willoughby – November 13, 2017 09:56PM Reply Quote
I feel like a devout Catholic hearing about a new, upcoming version of the Bible exploring areas not covered by the previous edition. "Lot's Wife: the Original Spice Girl." "Abel's Wife: The Invisible Woman." "Young Jesus."

Bleah. This will not end well.

ddt – November 13, 2017 10:19PM Reply Quote
So how did you feel about Vatican II? Or the branch of Catholics (like Mel Gibson's dad) who want to roll it all back?

ddt

John Willoughby – November 13, 2017 10:52PM Reply Quote
Were I to continue the Catholic analogy with reference to my feelings about Middle Earth, I would probably be old school: Latin mass and all. I'd probably stop short of demanding a crusade to free the Holy Land from the saracens.

johnny k – November 14, 2017 12:12AM Reply Quote
My dad goes to one of those churches. If I didn't know his other interests to deflect conversation to, he'd be exactly as fun as one of those people who can quote the Silmarillion (and spell it without googling), but can't even understand Quenya. Excepting Colbert, of course, who probably can speak Quenya.

Speaking of. Discovered the joy of watching the best parts of late night talk shows on YouTube. Conan's still funny—the ongoing bits with his associate producer are great.

ARL (Moderator) – November 14, 2017 10:09AM Reply Quote
If it's a faithful to the book re-enactment of the entire Silmarillion, I'm totally down for that 30 episode miniseries.

But I'm guessing it is more likely to be "Big Brother: Bag End edition"

John Willoughby – November 14, 2017 12:18PM Reply Quote
Real Housewives of Minas Tirith.

ARL (Moderator) – November 14, 2017 08:35PM Reply Quote
Smeagol's Cave, and other 1 star middle earth airbnb destinations...

John Willoughby – November 14, 2017 08:44PM Reply Quote
Gangs of Bold New Orc.

ARL (Moderator) – November 14, 2017 08:47PM Reply Quote
Ringwraith Karaoke?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login