Spork Boards

Multi Media Discussion

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:41AM Reply Quote
Film, TV, video DVD, DV, Flash. Put the Multi to use here, folks.

John Willoughby – August 01, 2017 08:53PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Mm. I appreciate her efforts, but I don't think that I'll add her to my monthly patreon burden right now. Thanks for the link.

johnny k – August 01, 2017 09:55PM Reply Quote
ddt, just finished episode 6, Rick Potion #9. There is backyard shoveling. It was awesome. But I assume you're talking about a recent episode. No notable echoes.

johnny k – August 01, 2017 09:56PM Reply Quote
I give a whole buck to Patreon each month, which makes the effusive thank you emails feel a little sarcastic.

ddt – August 01, 2017 11:17PM Reply Quote
Johnny, yeah, that's the Cronenberg episode IIRC. Later episodes have echoes and fallout from that.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – August 02, 2017 12:46AM Reply Quote
I loved the lawnmower dog episode.

ARL (Moderator) – August 03, 2017 06:52AM Reply Quote
Bummer, I was hoping I could be lazy and just watch the movie, but apparently it sucks arse:

http://uproxx.com/movies/the-dark-tower-review/

El Jeffe – August 03, 2017 08:17PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I was very disappointed with Dunkirk.

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2017 02:52AM Reply Quote
How so?

El Jeffe – August 04, 2017 05:31AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Lots of standing around depicted. Queueing everywhere.
If anyone would have harmed a family friend and resulted in his death on my boat, not knowing what other harm could have come me/son's way, that person would not remain on my boat. Hardy's EYES were the only part of him in movie. :)
The sound in our theater was unintelligible during dialog... but hark, this might be Nolan's intention (?) https://goo.gl/pzZNbB
Out of sequence time depiction that added nothing for me.
Stop going into boats and closing/sealing the door/hatch!
Branagh ... meh. and double meh.
The soundtrack/audio effects, swirling strings... constantly annoying. Like Disney Fantasia gone mad.
All very very disjointed and did little to entertain. A bit, PERHAPS, of history lesson. But I'd prefer a Ken Burns take on it.

Oh, and HARRY effin' Styles?

One thing it did make me do, and this was worth price of admission, but you likely won't relate like I do... my thoughts were with my deceased father, and his shipmates and their courageous and horrible experiences during WWII. I come from a Navy family.

As background... Dad was on TWO US Navy ships that were struck by torpedoes. The oil/fuel spill-->slick-->fire I saw coming from his numerous recounting of same first hand experience. Bill Espich (depicted in this Indianapolis Star article https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/105118391/ ) was a survivor but badly burned. My dad took it upon himself to write Bill's mom to let her know of this, and that he was being discharged to come home. The two were close, and I met him and the other gentleman right there in that PHOTO place/time... we were all on the NEW WASP... the LHD-1 as it set sail from Norfolk Naval base/port. I've never met two and more men that were so enjoyable to be around. Later bumped into both of them at my uncle's funeral. Again, I have never and WILL NEVER be to a funeral that had so much LIFE and ENERGY than that funeral. Those shipmates brought appreciation, love, and gratitude for all those brave men's lives and their sacrifices.

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2017 09:42AM Reply Quote
I forgot about the Harry styles bit...

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2017 09:43AM Reply Quote
On a tangent I finally got around to watching marvels Iron Fist.

A few people said to me it gets better as the show goes on, which I guess was true . But that didn't mean it ever really got any good ...

johnny k – August 04, 2017 04:18PM Reply Quote
Lol, too bad. I heard his sidekick is kickass. We bailed on Luke Cage after the first episode. Jessica Jones season two or bust.

Baby Driver is so good. Reservoir Dogs in car chases with soundtrack as the film editor.

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2017 07:45PM Reply Quote

I heard his sidekick is kickass

She is, when she's not on GOT...

I think that's what also put me off when I realised Danny Rand was Slow Lorus from GOT, and equally naive and stupid.

We bailed on Luke Cage after the first episode

And just to clarify, you sat through all of Iron Fist?

Luke Cage, Daredevil and Jessica Jones were all solid (Jessica Jones was my favourite by a nose) but Iron Fist nearly put me off the franchise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 07:46PM by ARL.

johnny k – August 04, 2017 08:41PM Reply Quote
Oh god no, haven't bothered with Iron Cage after hearing the reviews. Haven't seen Daredevil either. Rick and Morty is the first thing I've had the motivation to binge on in a while. The Expanse is my occasional sip of fine liquor.

forgot she's a Sand Snake too. I think maybe the Sand Snakes were cast to distract me from lesser quality issues in GoT. The surprise sea battles have disappointed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 08:43PM by johnny k.

ddt – August 04, 2017 09:39PM Reply Quote
I'd love a supercut of just the cranky women in Iron Fist. They were awesome and almost metacommentary.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – August 04, 2017 11:46PM Reply Quote

I'd love a supercut of just the cranky women in Iron Fist

Does that include Finn Jones? He seemed the whiniest protagonist in a series since maybe Hayden Christensen.

ARL (Moderator) – August 05, 2017 12:04AM Reply Quote

forgot she's a Sand Snake too. I think maybe the Sand Snakes were cast to distract me from lesser quality issues in GoT

Slightly off topic but I was reminded of this meme:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 12:05AM by ARL.

El Jeffe – August 06, 2017 12:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Episode 4 is my favorite episode of all time.

ok, err, I meant WILL BE... possibly... I mean, from what I heard, know or HECK,... just outright GUESSING it will be.

cough.
Squirrel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2017 12:56PM by El Jeffe.

ARL (Moderator) – August 07, 2017 06:23AM Reply Quote
It was exquisite. So much of that made me smile.

With the minor exception of:

And:
Holy fuck, was that Daenerys's "Anakin/Youngling" moment? The preview for next week suggests it is...

ddt – August 07, 2017 10:11PM Reply Quote
Jeebus, nobody can give actors the room and time to convey such a deep sadness that I realize I feel it in my bones, too. No spoilers, but the Ed with soup scene in Ep 13 of the new Twin Peaks. Especially in the context of his previous scene.

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login