Spork Boards

Bahoot? Kersplat!

bahamut's Avatar Picture bahamut – December 09, 2007 10:56PM Reply Quote
Well, it's about time.

ddt – November 28, 2016 06:23PM Reply Quote
Thanks, yeah, I knew the naming conventions (I had renamed the file to meet them). What was cool was that Plex broke the single file out and the user sees them as two separate episodes (though it's the same, single avi file).

ddt

porruka (Admin) – November 28, 2016 07:19PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
ddt
Thanks, yeah, I knew the naming conventions (I had renamed the file to meet them). What was cool was that Plex broke the single file out and the user sees them as two separate episodes (though it's the same, single avi file).

ddt

Oh. Sorry for assuming then.

But that raises a different question - the metadata doesn't reliably know the episode time breaks. How does it know where one episode ends and the second starts? TVDB doesn't have that info AFAIK and even if it did, there are, um, variability issues, based on the source of the material. Did you tell it where to split the times too?

ddt – November 28, 2016 08:43PM Reply Quote
No, that's the crazy thing. I just thought Plex would show it as one episode. I'll find a place to post and link to a screenshot.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – November 28, 2016 09:37PM Reply Quote
iFlicks is very good with that stuff too.

bahamut – November 28, 2016 09:55PM Reply Quote
Does iFlicks have a home server component?

ARL (Moderator) – November 29, 2016 03:34AM Reply Quote
No, iFlicks2 just integrates very well with iTunes. Or more accurately, does what iTunes should do.

If you have a file you want to import into your iTunes TV or movie library, it'll add all the metadata, artwork and all the other stuff iTunes is too retarded to.

It's got a pretty decent file conversion system for other formats/containers like mkv or avi. Good enough I don't bother with Handbrake any more. Also has drag & drop soft subtitles.

Best $20 I've spent in a while.

(I bet spork will think this post is spam)

bahamut – November 29, 2016 03:14PM Reply Quote
Oh, I have no interest in that. I have an AppleTV, but we never use it. We only use the two Rokus in our house. Thanks though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2016 03:15PM by bahamut.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 15, 2016 07:36PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin

bahamut – February 02, 2017 03:34PM Reply Quote
W H A T

T H E

H E L L

I thought for sure Cleanmymac had lost its mind when it told me that Google Chrome was taking 20GB within the App.

Um, no.

http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/2014/02/13/chrome-takes-up-much-space.html

ddt – February 02, 2017 05:01PM Reply Quote
Yet another reason there's no Chrome on my machine (though I've had good luck with Brave, which uses some of the underlying tech but promises privacy).

ddt

El Jeffe – February 02, 2017 05:15PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ddt-o... i mean DITTO

Cloudscout – February 03, 2017 10:58AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
bahamut
I thought for sure Cleanmymac had lost its mind when it told me that Google Chrome was taking 20GB within the App.

Um, no.

http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/2014/02/13/chrome-takes-up-much-space.html

At the end of that article it says the problem is caused by a plugin breaking permissions so the Chrome Updater can't remove the older versions which then pile up.

bahamut – February 03, 2017 11:57AM Reply Quote
I don't ever recall installing that plugin.

bahamut – February 09, 2017 03:02PM Reply Quote
Ever since installing Mac OS Sierra I have been plagued with slow performance on my Synology along with random disconnects, the inability to connect afterwards, and general gremlins.

On the basis of an emerging consensus on those boards, this morning i disabled SMB on the Synology. Now I only use AFP to connect.

My problems are gone. The NAS is about twice as fast. i don't have to worry about losing the connection. I think that even the beachballing is better or gone entirely.

Here's the kicker: AFP is deprecated in Sierra.

Why the fuck Apple, why?

ARL (Moderator) – February 09, 2017 08:02PM Reply Quote
Isn't SMB also deprecated?

Cloudscout – February 09, 2017 08:06PM Reply Quote
ARL
Isn't SMB also deprecated?

I don't think so. That would make them useless in pretty much every large enterprise.

ARL (Moderator) – February 09, 2017 08:13PM Reply Quote
SMB on the Mac, I mean.

El Jeffe – February 09, 2017 08:14PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Yes, I've been DYING from Synology and SMB lately.
I think it's gotten better, though.

Cloudscout – February 09, 2017 08:15PM Reply Quote
That's what I meant, too. Apple wouldn't seriously consider making Macs incompatible with pretty much every network file share in every major company, would they?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login