dharlow – January 25, 2018 02:11AM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – January 25, 2018 11:39AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Not with a bang, but a whimper...

dharlow – January 26, 2018 03:54PM Reply Quote
I wonder how much longer till we read the same about macOS

John Willoughby – January 26, 2018 05:12PM Reply Quote
I already miss Snow Leopard. I doubt that I'll like where Apple takes macOS in the future and its inevitable unification with iOS.

tomierna (Admin) – January 27, 2018 06:13PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
This kind of upsets me - I liked Apple's front end to the various open-source services they chose for Server.

However, since all of them are based around open-source services, the migration to the pure underlying solutions shouldn't be too hard.

El Jeffe – January 28, 2018 01:44PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I must be shadow-banned! :)

I could have sworn Ton / Tliet posted recently. Well, either way, he, his wife and I met up in South of England In late June. And missed seeing Ron, very sadly.

ARL
Recent posters (nearly all this year, one or two late late year):

Baha, JK, Mokers, JW, CS, ddt, James DB, Roger, Porruka, Dr Phred, dharlow, Tom Ierna, Ron Burns, YDD, Dave Loudin, Bruce Robertson, Me.

Thin, but not dead yet...

ARL (Moderator) – January 28, 2018 08:40PM Reply Quote
Oh crap, how did I miss Jeffe!

My bad!

John Willoughby – January 28, 2018 09:32PM Reply Quote
He dodges.

El Jeffe – January 29, 2018 04:54AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, .... God bless Grandma, Grandpa, and .... Tony... wait, scratch that last one, there's been an update.... "
:)

ARL (Moderator) – January 31, 2018 05:43AM Reply Quote
And yet he has not 1 but 2 Teslas...

Sounds like me and my Kvetching about Apple...

John Willoughby – February 26, 2018 08:20PM Reply Quote
My wife just had a meltdown about iOS speech-to-text and text editing on iOS in general. Still shitty after all these years.

ARL (Moderator) – February 27, 2018 01:48AM Reply Quote
John Willoughby
My wife just had a meltdown about iOS speech-to-text and text editing on iOS in general. Still shitty after all these years.

What's frustrating is that on any given day it can be passable, and then out of the blue it's suddenly like a dyslexic with a faulty cochlear implant.

Ditto the touch screen, which lets you move the cursor anywhere but where you want it, and suddenly is "helping" selecting random bits of text sort of near where you tapped your finger, and heaven help you if you want to unselect...

El Jeffe – February 27, 2018 05:13AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
El Jeffe
Tell me WHY has Apple NOT given us an iOS emulator/virtual machine for their desktop/portable Mac OS X hardware yet?
That would/could help.

Over 2 years later...

https://www.imore.com/apples-next-big-software-thing

Watch VIDEO discussion amongst many folks discuss... including a Microsoft employee... and John Gruber. One of the better groups of folks to discuss.

bahamut – March 19, 2018 11:10AM Reply Quote
How is it that iCloud has one fucking item to upload, 302 mb and it is sitting here at ZeroKB of 305.2mb for an hour now?

Hmm… how will Dropbox do if I stick it in there.

Oh damn, that just worked.

How do you get this so wrong? Apple is in serious trouble. They can't even get the basics running with all that cash. Clearly there is nobody minding the store when it comes to software.

iCloud is a joke
Siri is a joke
Mac OS has had zero real innovation in a decade
iOS makes some moves forward, other moves back, but isn't doing anything groundbreaking

There is absolutely ZERO software innovation at Apple these days and the stuff that's supposed to work, doesn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2018 11:10AM by bahamut.

El Jeffe – March 19, 2018 11:50AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
very strange that Apple has continually failed on web/cloud services.

John Willoughby – March 19, 2018 01:44PM Reply Quote
Apple products/services get a lot of attention when they're announced, but most of them are left to slowly die on the vine afterwards.

Roger – March 20, 2018 01:36PM Reply Quote
It's so weird. I'm actively looking for other companies' services I can substitute for Facebook sharing and I can barely figure out how to start sharing photos with my friends on iCloud. What happened to having guides for "switchers"? They don't seem very serious about using services as a lever to sell hardware, at least beyond blue IM bubbles.

johnny k – March 20, 2018 07:03PM Reply Quote
I love iCloud Photo Sharing. That's how we share photos of the children with family, and it's how a basic user-centric social network should be. Assuming your friends all have iOS devices, it's super easy for them once you set up an album and invite them. It's all push notifications, first to join, and then whenever a new photo is posted. iMore as usual has a comprehensive guide.

bahamut – March 20, 2018 09:53PM Reply Quote
My Macbook Pro's USB-C ports intermittently fail. Used to be both of the ones on the right, now one of the ones on the left, one of the right works again.

Scares me that on a work trip abroad the whole of them could fail and I'd have no working laptop. Come May, this thing is going back to Apple for an overhaul.

According to discussions and this note, I'm not the only one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login