Spork Boards

WWDC

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:38AM Reply Quote
A thread for the World Wide Developer's Conference.

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 01:45PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Next week for iPhone OS 3.0.

El Jeffe – June 08, 2009 01:46PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
they need a generic name. Touch is not a phone

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 01:47PM Reply Quote
I'll bet NetShare breaks with iPhone OS 3.0 and I will be tetherless.

Cloudscout – June 08, 2009 01:49PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Interesting that Windows Mobile isn't on their list of smartphone OSes.

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 01:50PM Reply Quote
I feel the need, the need for local-carrier-approved, void-where-prohibited, subject-to-service-availability speed!

Cloudscout – June 08, 2009 01:55PM Reply Quote
Of course... video recording and voice dialing are only supported on the new hardware?

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 01:56PM Reply Quote
"I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that."

Cloudscout – June 08, 2009 02:09PM Reply Quote
And... meh.

As long as subscribers with existing contracts will be allowed to get those prices on the new hardware, I'll probably upgrade just to get the video recording, voice dialing and improved speed.

Overall, a little bit of a letdown.

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 02:17PM Reply Quote
Just ordered the MBP. Apple is selling the iPhone 3GS on the website; I noticed that the fine print does not show ANY way to get a discounted price by extending one's AT&T contract. When I bought my 3G, I thought I was able to pay less by extending the contract that I got with my iPhone 1.0. I guess that this isn't happening with the 3GS.

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 02:38PM Reply Quote
Yep. AT&T confirms that, because I bought the 3G at a discount, I am not eligible for an upgrade. Too bad, money out of Apple's pockets. My wife should be eligible, though, since she stuck with the 1G.

ddt – June 08, 2009 03:37PM Reply Quote
what is the plural of iPhone 3GS?

ddt

Roger – June 08, 2009 03:39PM Reply Quote
iPhone 3G Ses? They're doing a weird thing with the spacing between G and S, too.

ddt – June 08, 2009 03:39PM Reply Quote
dpbd: i thought the tech and features they showed was pretty compelling. why were people disappointed? some of the presentations were rushed, yet it still went long.

and i call this keynote "Phil: Untucked". you'll see why when the video is available.

ddt

johnny k – June 08, 2009 03:49PM Reply Quote
I thought it was pretty solid. When was the last time there actually was a "one more thing"? Think it's been a couple of years.

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 03:53PM Reply Quote
Everything substantial had been figured out long ago.

El Jeffe – June 08, 2009 03:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Three Jesus? (3Gsus)
Three Jesuses?

stan adams – June 08, 2009 03:59PM Reply Quote
Incredibly cheesy way of formatting the table so that the MBA does not seem like a total hose job;

http://www.apple.com/mac/whichmacbook/compare.html

John Willoughby – June 08, 2009 04:03PM Reply Quote
WTF? The fine print says that with a NEW two year contract, the 32GB iPhone Geesus is $699 for existing customers. Either these phones cost $1,000 to make or AT&T is screwing 3G users. Now which could it be...

bahamut – June 08, 2009 04:06PM Reply Quote
I was happy with the FW on the Macbook Pro 13". I don't get why they have to discriminate by processor speed. Why can't I get a 3.06 processor in a 13" form factor? Is it a heat issue? Methinks its still stupid branding. I CAN'T CARRY THE 17" guys!!! I need a smaller laptop. So why not give me the power I crave in a small package. The option for a faster graphics card would be nice too. I mean still the 9400M? Can you say long in tooth?

bahamut – June 08, 2009 04:06PM Reply Quote
With a new contract its $699? Eat my filthy asshole, idiots.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login