Spork Boards

WWDC

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:38AM Reply Quote
A thread for the World Wide Developer's Conference.

Roger – June 13, 2016 01:56PM Reply Quote
(I believe the "smart sprinkler" company is called Rachio)

John Willoughby – June 13, 2016 02:03PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Meh. watchOS looks like it's becoming what it should be. The rest seems incremental/uninspiring to me. Swift Playgrounds seems nice, but it's just the latest in a string of coding apps for kids that eventually vanish without a ripple.

ddt – June 13, 2016 02:13PM Reply Quote
List of supported devices for iOS 10: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/goodbye-a5-ios-10-ends-support-for-iphone-4s-ipad-2-and-more/

Wait, okay, right. It's not iOS X.

ddt

James DeBenedetti – June 13, 2016 02:45PM Reply Quote
"Other new iOS 10 additions: Faster FaceTime connectivity, Air quality in Maps for China,"

John Willoughby – June 13, 2016 02:53PM Reply Quote
New Apple file system incoming.

Docs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2016 02:58PM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – June 13, 2016 10:14PM Reply Quote
Missed the entire thing.

Can anyone give a TL;DR summary?

There was something about WatchOS accessibility?

Also, an update about iOS10 support:

iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, and fifth-generation iPod Touch will not run iOS 10.

ghidorah – June 14, 2016 12:13AM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
So is suri finally ready to replaceapplescript?

ARL (Moderator) – June 14, 2016 12:16AM Reply Quote
My goodness, Phred and ghidorah, it's like the Spork of 2010...

An Ars piece on the new Apple filesystem:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/digging-into-the-dev-documentation-for-apfs-apples-new-file-system/

ARL (Moderator) – June 14, 2016 03:43AM Reply Quote
DPBD!

Really wary of the "use iCloud to store your old stuff" space saving feature - that just sounds like asking for trouble...

El Jeffe – June 14, 2016 05:00AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ARL
DPBD!

Really wary of the "use iCloud to store your old stuff" space saving feature - that just sounds like asking for trouble...

Although, I like the concept a LOT!

johnny k – June 14, 2016 08:47AM Reply Quote
ghidorah, if you're looking for the level of automation that Siri can provide, you'll be more than happy with Workflow. Looks very powerful for iOS. They should put that on MacOS, too... Automator was always too slow for me to take seriously.

ddt – June 14, 2016 09:38AM Reply Quote
Didn't the latest Workflow update get IFTT integration?

ddt

ghidorah – June 14, 2016 06:47PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
That looks cool, but I was thinking of the next logical step. To me that would be an interactive AI that has a rich set of hooks and commands for a wide varriety of apps spanning multiple platforms and oses (osi?). Apple is moving aggressive into this space with their announcements yesterday. With a few voice commands you could ask siri on your iPad to collect info on a topic from several different web sites, send the results oner to your desktop and have Siri there format the data into several programs/containers and publish to several different targets. Perhaps a wrapper could be provided to make your processing to its own applet.

johnny k – June 15, 2016 10:06AM Reply Quote
Knowledge Navigator incarnate!

ddt – June 15, 2016 11:40AM Reply Quote
Still love that video. In part because it shows something useful, in part because it shows NN used in the goal of, well, knowledge (it does show some family and scheduling, but come on, when was the last time you saw a Google Now or Inbox demo that wasn't "how can you best organize your two dozen friends for the trip to vineyards and private jetting?").

ddt

Dr Phred (Moderator) – July 04, 2016 04:48PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
ARL
My goodness, Phred and ghidorah, it's like the Spork of 2010...
/

Dang, it hasn't been that long has it?

Life and trying to stay alive has kept me busy. But I see some of you on Facebook or twitter....

El Jeffe – July 05, 2016 11:31AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
there is only DO... not TRY! :)

Dr Phred (Moderator) – July 06, 2016 06:46PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
I can't argue with that.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – September 07, 2016 11:50AM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Keynote spot for today?

John Willoughby – September 07, 2016 12:10PM Reply Quote
Mario. That's what gaming is to Apple. Great news for kids and nostalgia buffs, I guess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login