Spork Boards

AAPL.O

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:37AM Reply Quote
Talk about industry stock market mumbo-jumbo here.

John Willoughby – June 27, 2018 02:06PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support

Cloudscout – July 19, 2018 01:30PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Any bets on when they will become the first company to hit 1 Trillion Market Cap?

bahamut – July 31, 2018 11:27PM Reply Quote
Popping to 197 in overnight trading. 6 more to go to be the world’s first $1 trillion company.

ARL (Moderator) – August 01, 2018 12:31AM Reply Quote
Mac sales are weak, and getting weaker...

El Jeffe – August 01, 2018 04:01AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
someone said some Chinese petro hit 1 trillion like 12 years ago... I did no research. Just read it somewhere.

John Willoughby – August 01, 2018 11:51AM Reply Quote
ARL
Mac sales are weak, and getting weaker...

Jony Ive is working hard to make the Mac's market share thinner and more elegant.

johnny k – August 01, 2018 12:02PM Reply Quote
JW, you'd be good at tweets

Roger – August 01, 2018 12:47PM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – August 01, 2018 02:57PM Reply Quote
johnny k
JW, you'd be good at tweets

No followers. It'd be like snarking in an empty room. Here, I have a captive audience.

El Jeffe – August 01, 2018 05:24PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I only request flavored duct tape over my mouth, please.

johnny k – August 01, 2018 05:39PM Reply Quote
You only need one follower, and my powerful retweets will secure you an audience of at least 50 people.

ARL (Moderator) – August 02, 2018 12:52AM Reply Quote
Roger
Return of the Beleaguered Mac

That article was spot on:

The bigger reason, however, may have been that nearly the entire Mac lineup was outdated last quarter. Beyond the iMac Pro, released four months before the quarter began, no other Mac had been updated since 2017 or earlier.

Apple hasn't updated its 12-inch MacBook and iMac lines since June 2017, while the MacBook Air has gone unchanged since March 2015, except for a minor increase in clock speed on the base model last year. Worse, the Mac mini hasn't been refreshed since October 2014, and the Mac Pro has gone unchanged since December 2013 while Apple works on a new modular version for 2019.

While the MacBook Pro was recently updated, the new models didn't launch until 12 days after the third quarter ended. Last year, new MacBook Pro models launched at WWDC in early June, well within the third quarter.

bahamut – August 02, 2018 02:34PM Reply Quote
Looks like Apple not only beat 1T, they are going to close above it.

Why in the heck would anyone expect the Mac Mini to EVER be refreshed?

12 inch Macbook and regular iMac should be refreshed regularly.

I don't get why they want to cede the computer business to everyone else. Do they care?

John Willoughby – August 02, 2018 03:14PM Reply Quote
I don't think that they are voluntarily ceding the computer market. It's just happening.

bahamut – August 12, 2018 11:23PM Reply Quote
They just don’t seem to care. I don’t see why this has to happen. Apple could simply make sexy hardware that worked. They’d need a line of fast, heavy laptops and a line of fast, noisy desktops, plus I guess some dirt cheap laptops but beyond that, it’d be easy enough. Instead they have product lines they never ever update. It’s not like their current plan is working...

John Willoughby – September 05, 2018 07:34PM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – September 06, 2018 04:03AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
lol - 503 - Cue-Hammer-ed.

ARL (Moderator) – September 06, 2018 04:11AM Reply Quote

The executive oversees Apple Music, iTunes, Apple Maps, Apple Pay, iCloud, and much more, even the high-budget TV shows slated for 2019.

Wow, that's just way too much of a workload...

El Jeffe – September 06, 2018 04:18AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
now link works. he was wide awake when I talked with him last week. lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login