Spork Boards

AAPL.O

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 08, 2007 02:37AM Reply Quote
Talk about industry stock market mumbo-jumbo here.

ddt – August 02, 2017 12:02PM Reply Quote
Wait, I thought good AAPL earnings reports meant the stock tanked the next day?

ddt

John Willoughby – August 02, 2017 02:37PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
It's waiting to tank over the next iPhone announcement, I think.

johnny k – August 02, 2017 03:13PM Reply Quote
It'll tank on the iPhone 8 price. But they also slot in as the cores for the Mac Pro, which is why that will also cost 10K.

John Willoughby – October 10, 2017 12:07PM Reply Quote

El Jeffe – October 10, 2017 12:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
o h m y g o s h
I would become Amish immediately.

Roger – December 26, 2017 03:50PM Reply Quote
AAPL down nearly 3% today on anonymously-sourced Taiwanese rumors of low iPhone X demand. Market manipulation, or old-fashioned year-end profit-taking?

John Willoughby – January 04, 2018 05:50PM Reply Quote
Iovine plans to leave Apple. No surprise there, but I suspect that Apple Music will either stagnate or make some really ham-handed moves, reminiscent of Ping.

Roger – January 04, 2018 10:55PM Reply Quote
Why on earth did they ever hire him? What was the point?

James DeBenedetti – January 04, 2018 11:44PM Reply Quote
He came with the Beats acquisition.

bahamut – January 04, 2018 11:50PM Reply Quote
If only it were lossless. If only that and it worked with Roon. That is Apple Music done right. Please don’t buy it Apple. Also I still miss Mog.

El Jeffe – January 05, 2018 10:46AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Tax plan at work > many news outlets think Apple will repatriate hundreds of billions.

Apple CEO Tim Cook said in 2015 that he would "love to" repatriate foreign profits but he couldn't because "it would cost me 40%."

Now's his chance.

ARL (Moderator) – January 18, 2018 05:52AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
And yet Apple Australia only pays one cent on the dollar (based on revenues, so I guess that's 2.5 cents on profit) and yet we get no magic technology camp?

Cook & Trump? I feel, dirty...

El Jeffe – January 20, 2018 11:17AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Also heard some financial news and caught part of this CEO Tim Cook interview. Again, I like Tim. I think he should (have or should still) run for some office. He's a good person and this interview and position solidifies that in my mind.

Again, M5M aka not right wing media nor particularly on trump's side, neither...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoPR2eSvhoo

NEWS : without these policy changes would you be able to announce today the creation of 20,000 new jobs?

Tim Cook: no there clearly let me be clear there there are large parts of this that a result of the tax reform and there's large parts of this that we would have done in any situation

NEWS : so it sounds like president Trump's tax bill has been a huge windfall for Apple

Tim Cook: well we - there are two parts of tax bill right there's a corporate piece in an individual piece I do believe the corporate tax side will will result in job creation and a faster growing economy"

I for one am very very excited for Apple's renewed commitment to USofA.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2018 11:19AM by El Jeffe.

ddt – January 20, 2018 04:05PM Reply Quote
"Mr. Cook -- you and your company just got a huge government handout. Would you like to take a moment to try to say that it's not just for your benefit, though that all depends on companies not following investors and boards and history to maximize quarterly returns?"

"Sure, let's say other people will benefit, too."

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – January 21, 2018 09:03PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Again, Apple only pays one cent to the dollar in Australia, and there has been no "investment bonanza" here...

Certain companies (like Apple) will take the opportunity somewhat cynically to "blow their trumpet" loudly about how they're "bringing jobs/investment back" to the US, because they'd like to see a zero or low company tax environment everywhere.

However, enjoy the coming toll-road network with Trump's infrastructure plan.

ARL (Moderator) – February 01, 2018 11:56PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

El Jeffe – February 02, 2018 05:22AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Thoughts on biggest ever corporate profit? http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31012410
One has to ASK!!!????

I remember when I walked in to home from work one day. Our financial advisor was sitting at our dining room table. Normally, he did this at the office, but we had developed a friendship, and he lives two blocks over. I walked in and asked him if he'd hear Apple bought Next that day. He said "SO WHAT!??" I think AAPL was in single digits; or nonetheless I remember it was at $2 or so around that time. I told him, now that Steve Jobs (The ONLY NON FAMILY member whose framed photo has ever adorned my walls) was back, just WATCH OUT!

This, like many other days, affirms that statement. And it's nice to see Steve and Time Made Apple Great Again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 05:23AM by El Jeffe.

John Willoughby – February 02, 2018 04:14PM Reply Quote
I think that the next few quarters will be interesting, as Apple has to step on the brakes to fix quality issues. Not sure what the next big thing will be. Self-driving car tech seems too far out and HomePod/AR/Home stuff probably won't take the world by storm at first, however viable they may become.

Still hoping for a MacBook Pro analog to the iMac Pro, but I'm not counting on it.

El Jeffe – February 08, 2018 04:30PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Yeeeouch!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login