Spork Boards

Loonie Legislators and that Wacky Webernet Thingo

John Willoughby's Avatar Picture John Willoughby – January 01, 2008 03:13AM Reply Quote
The topic that just keeps on giving.

tliet – August 05, 2009 02:34AM Reply Quote
Hey Tony, this one's for you:

El Jeffe – August 17, 2009 01:37PM Reply Quote
What a journey.

tliet – August 17, 2009 04:50PM Reply Quote
We're slowly being boiled here. When would we finally wake up and feel the heat?

ARL (Moderator) – August 23, 2009 10:07PM Reply Quote
2-bit nobody model gets called a (gasp! horror!) "skank" by an anonymous blogger...

Rather than just ignore it:

Model sues google to reveal blogger name...

Model confronts (and apparently forgives) blogger...

Debate rages about the "right" to anonymity...

Outed blogger now plans to sue google for $15M

Has the world gone mad?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 10:07PM by Tony Leggett.

El Jeffe – August 24, 2009 07:11AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
In my honest opinion, fuck yeah.

Courts/Lawyers. Would 'normal men' stand by and let others rape horrendous amounts like this? No.
I have been sued, but not raped. All courts should be "small claims" courts. Or fight it out. :)

ARL (Moderator) – September 03, 2009 05:46PM Reply Quote
Went to the movies at a big megaplex a few weeks back. Two tickets were A$31 - roughly the same price as buying a new non-discounted DVD.

And this is in a recession. Someone really needs to rethink the pricing policy here...

El Jeffe – September 04, 2009 06:28PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
We have movies as cheap as 50¢ here. But their website says $1. Not sure if they raised prices, or the corporate site is not in line with local prices. Might require a higher price to have Fandango sell tickets online.

ARL (Moderator) – September 07, 2009 06:19PM Reply Quote

tliet – September 08, 2009 03:34PM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – October 09, 2009 12:26AM Reply Quote

Simon – October 22, 2009 07:00AM Reply Quote
you got to be shitting me:
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/10/22/0125244/AU-Classification-Board-To-Censor-Mobile-Apps?from=rss

the sooner we get rid of this conroy douche the better

ARL (Moderator) – October 22, 2009 08:33PM Reply Quote
Yep, I never thought we'd get someone who could out-luddite Richard Alston, but Steven douchebag Conroy has...

ARL (Moderator) – November 04, 2009 05:49PM Reply Quote
DPBD!

This trend is getting disturbing...

I don't like what Google is becoming, where it has the ability to just "make stuff up" - it's like if Wikipedia became the entire web.

"One search engine to rule them all" is not a good thing at all.

I actually hope Bing has an impact and all the future major browsers make it simpler to change your default search engine rather than the ubiquitous top right "google-box".

stan adams – November 04, 2009 07:17PM Reply Quote
In a prior life I worked with a whole group of people with a background in cartography. Apparently there is long history of map makers adding some tiny "place name" to copywrite their work... (or find out who is borrowing their work...)

John Willoughby – November 04, 2009 07:56PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Exactly. Atlases and even encyclopedia have embedded things like this. They are relatively harmless ways to track the appropriation of your data. Of course, nobody should do it on nautical or aviation navigation maps.

ARL (Moderator) – December 15, 2009 05:26PM Reply Quote
Hmmm... I really don't want the mad monk running the country so it would be really nice if Steven Douchebag Conroy defected to the Liberal party so I don't have to vote for his stupid internet filter.

ARL (Moderator) – December 16, 2009 12:11AM Reply Quote

ARL (Moderator) – December 18, 2009 02:31AM Reply Quote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login