Spork Boards

Loonie Legislators and that Wacky Webernet Thingo

John Willoughby's Avatar Picture John Willoughby – January 01, 2008 03:13AM Reply Quote
The topic that just keeps on giving.

John Willoughby – December 19, 2008 08:34PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I don't understand any of the social networking sites. They seem to be primarily places where folks can post photos of themselves that they will bitterly regret making public later.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – December 19, 2008 10:24PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
I use facebook all the time, both the iphone version and on the mac. I use as an occasional message service to keep in touch with far flung friends and as contact and invite mechanism for political events.

But of course I'm addicted to Twitter as well.

SoupIsGood Food – December 19, 2008 10:55PM Reply Quote
I was on myspace, once... I was clobbered by come-ons from former High School crushes, most of which I don't remember, because I was an upperclassman who deigned not dwell on lowerclassmen, tho they crushed on me heavily.*

Facebook, I haven't bothered with at all.

There is a ton of online crap I have deemed worthless, from texting to social networks to p2p, which, despite their popularity, have proven worthless, or, at the very most, not as good as advertised.

~ Soop

*Man, if I knew then what I know now...

tliet – December 19, 2008 10:59PM Reply Quote
Once I discovered how Facebook treated my privacy I got out if there.

Mokers (Moderator) – December 20, 2008 05:32PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Facebook is great for keeping in touch with old friends.

John Willoughby – December 20, 2008 06:25PM Reply Quote
Why doesn't e-mail work for that? I'm not getting it.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – December 20, 2008 07:31PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Because Facebook is more passive. Friend X posts something he's doing or an update and you choose weather to respond. He/she isn't directing it to you, but you can respond. An e-mail requires one of you to initiate a conversation.

John Willoughby – December 20, 2008 09:27PM Reply Quote
That's what Spork is for.

John Willoughby – December 20, 2008 11:38PM Reply Quote
...and one of those idiots who thinks they have my e-mail address just signed me up for Facebook again. Sigh. At least Facebook has the decency to confirm the e-mail address before starting the account. I wish there was a way to tell these companies that certain e-mail addresses will NEVER be used to set up accounts.

Simon – December 21, 2008 03:41AM Reply Quote
a work around would be to use the email to setup an account and then suspend it. then the email address will be in the system but no one will see the account it's attached to.

John Willoughby – December 21, 2008 12:57PM Reply Quote
I guess. I'll have to do that for every address,on myspace, twitter, and facebook.

ARL (Moderator) – December 22, 2008 07:35PM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – December 24, 2008 01:02PM Reply Quote
...it's the only way to be sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 01:03PM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – January 30, 2009 10:51PM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – February 04, 2009 09:08PM Reply Quote
Posted in the gaming thread: World of Warcraft is now illegal to sell in Australia.

John Willoughby – February 12, 2009 02:10PM Reply Quote

John Willoughby – February 21, 2009 01:29AM Reply Quote

tliet – February 24, 2009 03:15PM Reply Quote
Well, it seems that the Piratebay.org is going to have a calm sea in the next few days.

http://www.thelocal.se/17806/20090224/

Before testimony began, however, further adjustments were made by prosecutors to the language in the indictment.

A sentence reading, “All components are necessary for users of the service are able to share files with one another” was struck completely from the description of the crimes.

In addition, the phrase “provide the ability to others to upload torrent files to the service” was changed to “provide the ability to others to upload and store torrent files to the service”.

I'm not sure if there is going to be a case left after the trail, it might just be outright dismissed.

ARL (Moderator) – February 25, 2009 05:14AM Reply Quote
I'm less optimistic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login