Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 02:31PM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 02:46PM by johnny k.

tliet – January 10, 2012 12:23PM Reply Quote

My MBP has fallen off countertops onto hard surfaces while running

Might want to reconsider how you're running...

ddt – January 10, 2012 12:33PM Reply Quote
Yeah, most people use iPods or something small like that to listen to music while running. I might have an old one -- save wear and tear on your MBP.

ddt

johnny k – January 10, 2012 12:47PM Reply Quote
You mean I shouldn't put it on a tilted stack of papers 3 feet above a concrete floor and then turn my back?
Haven't learned my lesson since it keeps going. Portable computer is portable, and I'm a man of action. Maybe I need to attach it to things with a carabiner whenever I set it down.

porruka (Admin) – January 10, 2012 01:14PM Reply Quote
The cat has your pipe.
The carabiner might be a quick and neat little mfg job for the Kensington port... though I suspect the "dangling MBP" market to be a little short on volume.

Cloudscout – January 10, 2012 03:59PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I want MagSafe ethernet jacks.

John Willoughby – February 28, 2012 12:08PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
The best utility for backing up and restoring your Boot Camp partitions, WinClone, was abandoned by its maker and not officially updated for some time. It is now back, as a paid app ($20).

[EDIT]

Looks like the app and website were "acquired" from the original owner. Still, there is a need for a dirt-simple, supported means of backing up and restoring Boot Camp partitions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 12:14PM by John Willoughby.

Mokers (Moderator) – February 28, 2012 05:27PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I am glad that it is back. It was good software and worked well. $20 is not bad for what I used it for (cloning labs)

El Jeffe – July 28, 2012 01:02PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Tunnel Bear

Watch BBC iPlayer (et al) from the USA. And some vice-versa usage for those outside the USofA.

bahamut – July 30, 2012 11:37PM Reply Quote
Tried. Too slow for me.

El Jeffe – August 01, 2012 05:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
new ideas out now.
http://tinyurl.com/boosuvt

johnny k – September 20, 2012 09:56PM Reply Quote
Logitech Harmony. I thought these were $200 LCD-screen remotes. I needed a replacement, got a $20 model from Radio Shack. Quick USB setup, knew my crappy old TV and digital converter. Well worth the $8 over the Radio Shack brand.

El Jeffe – September 21, 2012 04:19PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I bought a $19 one from RS a few months back. It would not even work at all. Just threw it in the trash.

Cloudscout – September 21, 2012 09:34PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I use a Harmony remote in the theater but I'm using $10 Philips remotes in the bedroom and living room since the Harmony's method of macros for switching inputs, etc. just was overly-complicated for the simple setups in those rooms.

YDD – October 11, 2012 07:34AM Reply Quote
New MBA just arrived.... wow this thing is thin!

John Willoughby – October 11, 2012 11:13AM Reply Quote
Did you get a retina screen?

Jeff Cooper – October 11, 2012 11:23AM Reply Quote
YDD
New MBA just arrived.... wow this thing is thin!

Replacing the iBook G4 mentioned in "Saying Goodbye"? :)

I have a MBA (13") and an iBook G4 as well. It's really remarkable how thin Apple's laptops have become.

John Willoughby – October 11, 2012 12:17PM Reply Quote
Oops, MBA not MBP. No retina, my mistake. Enjoy!

YDD – October 11, 2012 02:02PM Reply Quote
It is, indeed, replacing the iBook G4. I'd like to get a similar service life out of the MBA, but I suspect I won't :-(

ARL (Moderator) – October 11, 2012 06:47PM Reply Quote
Yup. My folks sill have my old iBook G4. Nearly 10 years old and still going strong.

ARL (Moderator) – November 03, 2012 07:06PM Reply Quote
Artboard...

http://www.mapdiva.com/artboard/

Pixelmator is quite useful for many things but is occasionally frustrating with how it is limited with some basic things - for eg drawing an arrow or putting a gradient inside a shape. Artboard makes that simple and I like their concept of adding/customising styles to all objects.

I think the combination of Artboard and Pixelmator means I can ditch photoshop...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login