Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 02:31PM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 02:46PM by johnny k.

stan adams – February 04, 2008 11:21AM Reply Quote

Cloudscout – February 04, 2008 11:32AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
El Jeffe
sippie cups

We considered that, but strapping them between the dogs legs made them very uncomfortable.

El Jeffe – February 04, 2008 11:47AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
that would be a sucky cup.

What a journey.

ghidorah – February 04, 2008 02:23PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
just teach your dog to piss off the porch

Simon – February 04, 2008 07:53PM Reply Quote
Personally I wouldn't be letting the dogs in.

Mokers (Moderator) – February 10, 2008 02:03AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Apple.

For the iPhone return process. The touch screen started going wonky (it wouldn't register input in some applications on the bottom portion of the screen). Left my apartment at 8. Was at the Apple store about 15 minutes later. Made an appointment at the genius bar for 8:30. Was out of the Grove 20 minutes after that.

bahamut – February 10, 2008 08:48AM Reply Quote
I can't tell you how many times I went to the Grove at my appointed time and found they were two hours behind. Thank God for the Beverly Center Apple Store!

Madaracs – February 10, 2008 06:10PM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
Phred.

My brother and sister-in-law just left Firstech with their second iMac ever. There first was a G3 Aqua.

They'll definitely be back. Firstech is good peoples.

Madaracs – February 10, 2008 06:15PM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
The Water Park of America.

Man, that place is nothing but fun. Especially with a daring 9-Year-Old Niece.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – February 11, 2008 12:08PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Madaracs
Phred.

My brother and sister-in-law just left FirstTech with their second iMac ever. There first was a G3 Aqua.

They'll definitely be back. FirstTech is good peoples.

Thanks!
and I wasn't even there.

El Jeffe – February 11, 2008 12:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Probably why the sale went through.

:^ P

What a journey.

Mokers (Moderator) – February 11, 2008 02:47PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Baha,

I did go late at night. I guess since it was a Saturday, most of the hipsters that clog the genius bar were doing something else. I was lucky because it was a straight exchange. If you only need to take your computer in for warranty service (replace an HD or other defective part), it's usually pretty fast. If you need to have them troubleshoot a software issue, you are pretty fucked.

Cloudscout – February 19, 2008 02:36PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Mighty Mouse.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Mighty Mouse – February 19, 2008 03:05PM Reply Quote
You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Obviously, you've never met me. ; )

Glad I could help.

El Jeffe – February 19, 2008 03:51PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Hey, I'll stand by that claim. You were kind enough to try and help my friend and I out, online.

Just as an aside, he was doing that for his Dad, to be able to help his dad out. Well, his Dad passed away last weekend.

What a journey.

Mighty Mouse – February 19, 2008 09:04PM Reply Quote
Sorry to hear that.

Please pass along my condolences.

El Jeffe – February 19, 2008 09:24PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sure will. Seems odd/strange to me. Since we both (and others) tried to help him/them, I had seen his dad's ID pop on and off iChat from time to time. It's sad to think it was his last days.

What a journey.

El Jeffe – February 22, 2008 06:42AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I usually don't care about this sort of stuff, but I found in my daily morning reading of news sites that MSNBC's new layout really catches my eye AND I find I read almost all the headlines. Whereas my eyes/mind tire of the other sites IN YOUR FACE crap so much, that I see about 10% of it. So, the cynic in me, knows that one day this highly favored layout I like MUST end. And I'm sad that I will lose it. :)

What a journey.

stan adams – February 25, 2008 01:02PM Reply Quote
Moderately good news about AT&T/Cingular. Apparently it has dawned on someone that phone service/Customer Service is worth upgrading. I was expecting the worst when trying to get my OLD AT&T Wireless SIM to work in my sister's hand-me-down phone (Razor V3r) as she now has a shiny iPhone 16G. It took a failed visit to a AT&T store and two phone calls but they unlocked me. One more really long call with two hand offs and I got it to connect to the internets. Overall the folks were friendly, polite, native English speakers and capable of knowing that SOMEONE above them would be able to help.

A reluctant swiff -- remember unless you want a hacked iPhone it is AT&T exclusive for quite some time... (and even then the GSM only means Verizon is NOT on the horizon...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2008 01:03PM by stan adams.

johnny k – March 19, 2008 05:17PM Reply Quote
To OmniOutliner. It just is a superb tool for organizing my thoughts. Now I'm using it to outline a presentation, and I find it can export to Keynote.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login