Spork Boards

Swiffies for...

johnny k – December 27, 2007 02:31PM Reply Quote
Let's balance out every milkshake with a swiffie. Everyone else on the internet only complains.

-

So I bitched about AT&T DSL and it's only fair that I throw them a bone when deserved. In the process of transferring service to my roommate (fairly straightforward), I asked that a 411 charge be removed from my bill because we only have the landline to get DSL, and there's not even a phone hooked up. They credited my account without a question.

btw, why do all these phone trees ask for your account number before they direct you, and then when you're talking to a person, they just ask for it again? I was transferred twice, and I had to give the number 4 times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 02:46PM by johnny k.

ddt – June 29, 2014 09:26AM Reply Quote
Getting the cynical out of the way:

1. Well, that's what you can do when you've had record profits quarter over quarter
2. Apple's goal is for you to keep buying new devices, so anything they can do to make your content and data portable helps them

But generally: cool! Service is a brand value, or some such HBR talk. I wonder what kind of chat they have with Audible, if any, of they're just eating any cost they incur. (See also: Google's "what, us?" reaction to Chromebook users not getting their second year of Verizon access.)

ddt

John Willoughby – June 29, 2014 03:44PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
That hasn't been my experience, but it's been a long time since I bought an audible book through iTunes. (They're generally cheaper on audible.com.) I wonder if Amazon has been changing things, or if I have been lucky enough not to happen into the situation. I usually, but not always, play audio books on my iPhone and rarely on my iPad.

Mokers (Moderator) – June 30, 2014 01:51PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
I mentioned this on twitter, but Amazon refunded a movie to me because the detected that playback was slow on my connection. They did this without me having to report the problem (I figured it was just U-Verse being sucky).

El Jeffe – June 30, 2014 06:08PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Similarly, I had ebay refund a purchase it suspected was from a seller that had issues with other auctions. Without me getting involved.

johnny k – August 21, 2014 11:01PM Reply Quote
This hatch chile tortilla right here. And hatch chile season. Okay, and cold beer.

Cloudscout – August 27, 2014 11:36AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Chrome 37 is out and FINALLY fixes the horseshit font rendering on Windows after YEARS of big reports and discussion.

ddt – August 27, 2014 09:13PM Reply Quote
What on what, now?

In other news, Moo.com sent me an email that had explicit links and contact info "in case you haven't received your order yet". Since I hadn't received my order, I called their customer service. And a person picked up. And they apologized, and sent out a replacement order. At no cost. Express shipping. No intrusive questions.

So, yeah. That's how it's done. I mean, I know Comcast operates at almost zero margin and is struggling to make a dime of profit, but still.

ddt

El Jeffe – August 28, 2014 07:14AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I've had nothing but great experience with my < 1 year as a comcast customer compared to AT&T

John Willoughby – August 28, 2014 10:14AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I've had nothing but great experience with my < 1 year as a bubonic plague victim compared to ebola.

El Jeffe – August 28, 2014 11:47AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ok. compared to expectations and desire, devilcat….
I mean, I'm PLEASED with all interactions thus far.

El Jeffe – September 16, 2015 06:49PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
everything apple pro youtube channel
really has come to my attention.
i like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj-6Qy2xW9k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2015 06:49PM by El Jeffe.

ARL (Moderator) – September 16, 2015 07:16PM Reply Quote
I'm shocked to learn that a X.0 release of any software is bound to be buggy and slow. Shocked.

El Jeffe – December 17, 2015 08:25PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
My comcast promotional rate of $29.99 expired. Went up to $49.99. I just called them and said that was too much. They lowered my rate to $19.99.. actually gave me another $10 off!!! WOOHOO!!!

YDD – December 17, 2015 09:14PM Reply Quote

My comcast promotional rate of $29.99 expired. Went up to $49.99. I just called them and said that was too much. They lowered my rate to $19.99.. actually gave me another $10 off!!!
You didn't happen to hire Mephistopheles as your negotiator? Last time I tried something like that, I pointed out that I was holding an advert from Verizon for a lower rate, and they still wouldn't budge (so we switched).

El Jeffe – December 17, 2015 10:16PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
it's about the ONLY thing that has gone my way this week.

Jeff Cooper – December 18, 2015 08:51PM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
it's about the ONLY thing that has gone my way this week.

Glad there was something, at least. Well done.

El Jeffe – December 18, 2015 08:54PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
;^)

Mokers (Moderator) – March 10, 2016 06:52PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Black and Decker. I ordered a dustbuster late 2014. Soemtime in the last few months, it stopped charging. I think because somebody knocked it off the wall hanger, however, I processed a return for BLack and Decker and they are simply shipping out the upgraded model and just want me to recycle the defective unit. Now, I am sure that they are doing this in order to avoid a recall or some other liability and not out of the kindness of their heart, but it was a very easy process.

ddt – March 10, 2016 07:06PM Reply Quote
That's the way it should be done -- glad it's working out for you. Did they cross-ship? I had a similar issue with an Eton Bluethooth speaker (the rechargeable battery died) and with proof of receipt and return of the old one, they sent me a new one. It would have been nice if they'd cross-shipped (trying to remember who does that), but next best thing.

Saw a fantastic (in many connotations) Dyson handheld dustbuster-like thing at Cooper. Yeah, this one: http://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/handheld/v6-handheld.aspx

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – March 10, 2016 07:15PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
no cross-shipping needed! they said I just need to recycle the old one. I gave them a date code from the device and my amazon receipt and they approved the new one. I figured it was a recall because they asked if the unit got hot when it was charging. I said that I hadn't noticed that, but they sent me the new one anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login