Spork Boards

Sporkers Helping Sporkers

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:51PM Reply Quote
Well, why not? this is a community, after all.

ddt – April 28, 2017 05:37PM Reply Quote
Has anyone tried the free Starcraft? I tried the Starcraft launcher and get something that wants my password and then I get this error: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBTS0000004A?utm_source=app-other&utm_medium=internal

ddt

ddt – April 28, 2017 05:38PM Reply Quote
How are you defining sex?

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – April 29, 2017 09:44PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
El Jeffe
first time ever but twice in two days...

I've gone and I THINK I clicked Safari address/URL box, and the safari screen shrank to lower left hand corner. No idea what I did that might have been slightly different.

That happened to me too. Weird.

ARL (Moderator) – April 29, 2017 09:45PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
ddt

ddt

Well, I guess the thread is Sporkers helping Sporkers but I leave stuff like that to my local priest...

John Willoughby – April 30, 2017 10:08AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
ddt

ddt

Primarily from fading memories.

ddt – May 08, 2017 08:24AM Reply Quote
Dumb question: how do I stop my iPad from ringing when my phone rings?

ddt

johnny k – May 08, 2017 08:29AM Reply Quote
Settings > Phone (way down in the apps) > Calls on Other Devices

John Willoughby – May 08, 2017 08:33AM Reply Quote
Still getting my Saturday 10:47am ping on my phone, with most apps' audio notifications turned off. There should be a better way to track this activity.

ddt – May 08, 2017 08:47AM Reply Quote
Oh, thanks -- I was looking in Settings on the iPad. Silly me, thinking the device that I wanted to amend would allow me to. Welcome to the connected world.

ddt

El Jeffe – May 09, 2017 01:24PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I swear, I can't navigate iTunes Podcast library without > 1 minute beach balling for any task I have it do.

John Willoughby – May 09, 2017 01:32PM Reply Quote
iTunes is become abomination.

El Jeffe – May 09, 2017 03:08PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yeppers

ddt – May 11, 2017 03:04PM Reply Quote
Looked but can't seem to find -- out of nowhere the main remote button for my earbuds seems to be set to "rewind to the start of the podcast" rather than "pause" in the Podcasts app. I can't find anything in Settings/Podcast about that, and not seeing anything about Remote either. Help?

ddt

Cloudscout – May 13, 2017 04:48PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Any of you ever been an overly protective uncle? My 22 year old niece is about to fly to New Zealand by herself to meet a guy from the Internet. I kind of want to have someone check this guy out... and it would be nice to know someone there who could be a sort of rescue person in case she needs to get away quickly.

Thoughts?

ARL (Moderator) – May 13, 2017 04:58PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Holy fuck, (in the worst-case scenario) that's "well in a basement" material.

How well does your niece know this person? Have they supplied ID and address details to verify their bona fides?

At least if you know who this person is and where they live you can report them to the authorities should your niece suddenly "drop out of contact."

Look, maybe this'll end up being the beginning of a beautiful friendship™ - but prepare for the worst just in case.

dharlow – May 13, 2017 05:12PM Reply Quote
Maybe call the local police there in NZ and tell them the situation and ask about the guy?

johnny k – May 13, 2017 05:51PM Reply Quote
Yeah, get enough info to establish that they are who they say they are and have ties to a community/work/etc. Ideally a background check. My wife's mother did that on me when we started dating, lol, though I wasn't supposed to know.

Cloudscout – May 13, 2017 07:17PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I wish I had learned about it sooner. She leaves Tuesday. I guess my sister has Face-Timed with the guy and his mom.

I've been trying to remind myself that when I was 23, I met a 20 year old girl online who was from Florida. She flew to Minnesota to see me and didn't even tell her parents about it. The chances are everything will be fine but it's hard not to be paranoid.

El Jeffe – May 14, 2017 01:30AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
this is a case where all these internet background check sites might be warranted.

porruka (Admin) – May 15, 2017 09:20AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
Because it crosses so many lines... an Imperial crapton of OS security updates today.

https://lists.apple.com/archives/security-announce/2017/May/index.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login