Spork Boards

Sporkers Helping Sporkers

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:51PM Reply Quote
Well, why not? this is a community, after all.

ARL (Moderator) – February 08, 2017 05:33PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
DPBD!

OMG, I think I'll forget trying to use thunderbolt 1 as I'm not sure how USB C and thunderbolt 1 play together.

If I go with USB 3, that leaves this Samsung model vs this OWC one

OWC also has a pile of external SSDs that say SATA or 2.5" SATA configuration - does this mean they're slower?

Mind-boggled,

TL

El Jeffe – February 09, 2017 12:19AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I have this Thunderbolt (Scary RAID) and love it.
https://www.wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-pro.html.

But, I'd suggest if you want speed, because it's STILL rotational, to get a larger external SSD.

ddt – February 09, 2017 08:59AM Reply Quote
So if WindowServer often eats up 30-80% of CPU... a) should I be worried 2) what should I look at to see what's causing this?

TIA,

ddt

ddt – February 15, 2017 04:16PM Reply Quote
Do people still make/use eBay sniping applications? If so, can you recommend one?

ddt

El Jeffe – February 16, 2017 12:06AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I am not sure. Have not used one in a while.

John Willoughby – February 16, 2017 06:00AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!

El Jeffe – February 16, 2017 12:50PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yours/new?

John Willoughby – February 17, 2017 07:04AM Reply Quote
No, I haven't owned a sniper-appropriate weapon for a couple of decades (and never had the hang of accurate, long-range rifle fire).

ARL (Moderator) – February 18, 2017 04:52AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Inaccurate short-range, on the other hand...

ARL (Moderator) – February 25, 2017 04:18PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
So, anyone hear much about the cloudflare hack thingy?

Hit a lot of websites...

https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare/blob/master/README.md

dharlow – February 26, 2017 07:55AM Reply Quote
Yes we use Cloudflare extensively and still will after this breach as the benefits still out weigh the risks. So one of the problems with that github doc as it says is it is a list of all domains that use Cloudflare, some of mine are on there but didnt even use the features they had a problem with.

Was the issue bad? Yes. Are certain people blowing it way out of proportion, you bet.

ddt – February 26, 2017 11:05AM Reply Quote
If you use 1Password, they've got this Watchtower (yay, JLU) feature: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-watchtower/

Helpful, but a tedious and slow process. So much bad UX around where/how to find password change features.

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – February 26, 2017 01:25PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Yep, 1Password were very good. When there's a problem, they are honest and fast about fixing it.

Will check I have watchtower on ([edit] yep, it was. Good)

ddt – February 26, 2017 04:47PM Reply Quote
Quick question -- if playing videos from my external drive makes some videos stutter or skip, should I be worried about the drive? What do you use to test drive health?

ddt

ARL (Moderator) – February 26, 2017 06:12PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Clean My Mac?

ddt – March 20, 2017 07:04AM Reply Quote
So my Airport Base Stations occasionally go from green lights to amber lights. I unplug and replug and they're ok. If it's not loose plugs, what might it be? Should I be worried?

ddt

porruka (Admin) – March 20, 2017 09:07AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
ddt
So my Airport Base Stations occasionally go from green lights to amber lights. I unplug and replug and they're ok. If it's not loose plugs, what might it be? Should I be worried?

ddt

Worried? Not in general. It means that "something" interrupted the connection. Could be microwave photography, upstream issues, hackers, or aliens. I'm not saying it's aliens, but...

ddt – March 20, 2017 12:03PM Reply Quote
I _have_ been experiencing missing time!

ddt

John Willoughby – March 21, 2017 07:30AM Reply Quote
There's a watchOS update for that.

ddt – March 22, 2017 07:19PM Reply Quote
Anyone have a USB blu-ray drive they don't need? I'd like to rip some media to digital.

ddt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login