Spork Boards

Sporkers Helping Sporkers

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:51PM Reply Quote
Well, why not? this is a community, after all.

Simon – March 13, 2008 03:36PM Reply Quote
>Can I still use iDVD with FCE?

Yes and no. iDVD has trouble with anamorphic video if it hasn't come from imovie. There are workarounds but they require more hoop jumping than the imovie trick you posted.

El Jeffe – March 13, 2008 03:44PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
yes, I think so. I played with all of that a lot once. Then my iLife 08 got wonky on me.

What a journey.

Cloudscout – March 13, 2008 05:33PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Apple's Final Cut Express page doesn't seem to mention iDVD at all.

Anybody here know if I can easily export my FCE project into iDVD?

El Jeffe – March 13, 2008 05:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
hold ON.... Let me try it...

What a journey.

El Jeffe – March 13, 2008 05:51PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Final Cut Express HD 3.5.1

I see no built-in way, like in iMovie(s). Just an export.

What a journey.

Cloudscout – March 13, 2008 06:46PM Reply Quote
I'm wondering if they added that to FCE 4 or not. Hrm.

El Jeffe – March 13, 2008 06:53PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I'm on my way to finding THAT out, too. :)

What a journey.

Mokers (Moderator) – March 14, 2008 09:51AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
There is nothing special you have to do to make it compatible with iDVD. to make the encoding process easier, export the movie as a .dv stream. you may have to do a little extra work to get chapters going:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93824

Cloudscout – March 14, 2008 10:03AM Reply Quote
I guess that chapters were the part I was most curious about. I like that I can set chapters in iMovie and iDVD will pick them up automatically.

Mokers (Moderator) – March 14, 2008 10:15AM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Well, you can always edit the movie in Final Cut Express, copy the .DV file as you mentioned above into the iMovie project, add the chapters and go to iDVD.

morganti – March 14, 2008 12:14PM Reply Quote
I seem to recall there was a Java Based Calorie Counting Software that had quite a few products on it. I doubt it has the barcode for them though.

Does this help at all? http://www.ars.usda.gov/Aboutus/docs.htm?docid=6300

Morg "I'd be interested in your app" anti

PS God, I can just imagine how many "freeware apps" that float around the Palm/WindowsCE type space would be worth 99cents to folks on iPhones. Sell 1000 copies, 700 bux... sell 100000 70000. Not too shabby for a market currently numbered in the several million, and your app would be 2 clicks away... I wish I could program my way out of a paper bag...

Cloudscout – March 14, 2008 10:59PM Reply Quote
I've been playing Burning Monkey Solitaire 3 a lot and have been having problems with it tonight. It starts to run really slowly... like the card movement animations are all jittery. Then, it starts spitting out these errors:

20080315-bmserror1.png20080315-bmserror2.png

Nothing shows up in my system.log file or anything at that time.

A Google search on those errors yields zero results.

Any ideas?

El Jeffe – March 15, 2008 04:59AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
okay I give up. How does one get Marathon, etc. to run under Aleph One stuff?

What a journey.

John Willoughby – March 15, 2008 06:28PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Normally, drop the Aleph One program into the directory with the existing Map, Shapes, Physics, etc. files and run it from there. You'll need a Marathon game or a mod to get those files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2008 06:29PM by John Willoughby.

El Jeffe – March 15, 2008 06:39PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
thanks that worked. I had to put the app in the same folder. I was putting the whole aleph one folder in there.
okay, does multiplayer work?

What a journey.

John Willoughby – March 15, 2008 08:25PM Reply Quote
I'm not sure; I would think so. Which Marathon are you running?

El Jeffe – March 16, 2008 03:09AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I was doing the m1a1 folder. Just the first one I saw to try. It works damn good, too. But, it was late and I did not set it all up very well (controls/video, etc). But multiplayer was blank; no servers.

What a journey.

John Willoughby – March 16, 2008 09:24AM Reply Quote
No, I think you have to put in the IP of the hosting machine. I didn't see any true network levels when I tried to set it up, just the solo levels made available for network play. I'm not sure if I was doing it right, since most of them would be pretty lousy as multiplay maps. Perhaps the original network maps have already been ported to Aleph One, and thus weren't included in M1A1. I'll look around.

El Jeffe – March 16, 2008 09:58AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
so, does the client also HOST games? Or does one have to have a dedicated server?
iChat me up if you want to get a multiplayer game on OR try to figure out HOW to set one up. I can TRY to set it up on my server, if you'd like. Also need to know any/all ports that must be opened up, too.

What a journey.

John Willoughby – March 16, 2008 06:33PM Reply Quote
Client will host games as well as play them ("gather" vs. "join"), but no time tonight. I have no idea what ports Aleph One or Marathon use(d).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login