Spork Boards

Sporkers Helping Sporkers

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:51PM Reply Quote
Well, why not? this is a community, after all.

El Jeffe – November 16, 2017 12:57PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
wife's mac mini is el cap. app store app only has that I CAN FIND ... HIGH Sierra. How to upgrade to 10/12 Sierra???

tomierna (Admin) – November 16, 2017 01:21PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Log in with an Apple ID which has upgraded a machine to Sierra, and look in Purchased Items.

El Jeffe – November 16, 2017 03:54PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sly dog.

ARL (Moderator) – November 16, 2017 10:07PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!

El Jeffe – November 17, 2017 02:04AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
i could not find that. Thanks ARL

ddt – November 19, 2017 11:04AM Reply Quote
Recommendations for connectors between Ethernet (WD MyCloud EX2) and USB-C? Currently attaching it via Ethernet and an Ethernet to Thunderbolt adapter to 2013 MBP, but will need a different adapter to work with 2017 MBP. The Belkin Ethernet to USB-C currently sold on the Apple Store is getting terrible reviews.

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – November 19, 2017 03:25PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
usb-c --> usb then usb --> ethernet

looks like anker has one as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Aluminum-1-Gigabit-Compatible-ChromeBook/dp/B00ZZ6NW5E

also, I think a usb-c --> thunderbolt then Thunderbolt --> ethernet should also work

ddt – November 19, 2017 03:28PM Reply Quote
Thanks -- from what I read, going USB 2 to USB-C would be slower than Ethernet to USB-C, and I was concerned about ethernet to thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3/USB-C (does NOT help that "thunderbolt 2" gets labeled as "thunderbolt").

Anker seems to have a good rep for battery stuff -- wasn't sure about their dongle-y bits.

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – November 19, 2017 03:36PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
Well, I think they all use the same chipset. Not sure why Belkin was so bad, but there are several adapters on Amazon that are getting 4+ stars. Doing USB2 to ethernet is slowing down quite a bit. USB 2 is only 480 Megabits, so you are starting at half gigabit speed before overhead.

Cloudscout – November 20, 2017 05:18AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Hey, Johnny K, Twine site seems broken today. I'm getting an error that says, "Can't find that page, sorry," when I visit http://twine.cc

John Willoughby – November 20, 2017 06:21AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I get a log in page when I use that link. Maybe check your DNS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 06:21AM by John Willoughby.

Cloudscout – November 20, 2017 06:37AM Reply Quote
It looks like I only get that error when I use a browser where I was already logged in. If I use a different browser, I get the login prompt but it says my email/password is invalid.

Cloudscout – November 20, 2017 06:39AM Reply Quote
And if I try to request a new password, it also says my email is invalid. Bizarre timing since I *just* ordered another one from someone on eBay.

Cloudscout – November 20, 2017 06:50AM Reply Quote
And now it is suddenly working again.

johnny k – November 20, 2017 07:06AM Reply Quote
I restarted the instance. The site got borked in a way that didn't trigger the usual alerts, mostly because those go off if Twine operation is affected, which it wasn't. So I got the second line of alerts, from you users. Sounds like it lost its connection with the database somehow. Happy New Twine!

Cloudscout – November 21, 2017 03:19AM Reply Quote
Thanks! Are there still plans for a new version of Twine?

ddt – November 21, 2017 05:18AM Reply Quote
Twine Two

Twine Thwee

Twine Thor

I'm just the idea guy. You're gonna have to run with it.

ddt

johnny k – November 21, 2017 06:01AM Reply Quote
Absolutely. It's mostly in the stage where I'm thinking about implementation details in my head whenever idle. Industrial design is mostly done. Just back burner to other things in my life right now, but expecting to launch mid-next year, and ship end of year. Email me whenever you have feedback for new features. What are you doing with a second one?

I'm sussing out a message-based broadcast protocol so that you can create more complex multi-Twine rules. Useful now that they'll be able to do output as well. Like, you could use one as a switch, and on a trigger, it will broadcast "#group on", and any Twines tagged with #group will respond to the "on" message by turning on whatever they're connected to.

Anyone else have a Google router? We now have (100Mb/s) Google Fiber, and the router they supply seems to drop the Internet every day or two. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes needs a reboot. This appears to be whether I'm on WiFi or Ethernet.

johnny k – November 21, 2017 06:02AM Reply Quote
If I told you it was called Twine 2x_, how would you pronounce that? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2017 06:02AM by johnny k.

John Willoughby – November 21, 2017 06:29AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
ddt
Twine Thor

ddt

If I can have an internet-connected God of Thunder monitoring the water level in my basement, I'd be all in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login