Spork Boards

Spork Turrets (no Sparby Permitted - create your own thread)

El Jeffe's Avatar Picture El Jeffe – December 09, 2007 06:56AM Reply Quote
finally, back to normal

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 11:36AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Brothers will fight
and kill each other,
siblings do incest;
men will know misery,
adulteries be multiplied,
an axe-age, a sword-age,
shields will be cloven,
a wind-age, a wolf-age,
before the world's ruin.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 11:39AM Reply Quote
I've always known, Joker, that there's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix... with my hands.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 11:42AM Reply Quote
The Blessed Lord said: Time I am, destroyer of the worlds, and I have come to engage all people. With the exception of you, all the soldiers here on both sides will be slain.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 11:45AM Reply Quote
Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars ... Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 11:48AM Reply Quote
Whose game was empires, and whose stakes were thrones;
Whose table earth, whose dice were human bones.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 11:53AM Reply Quote
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down and wept, when we remembered Zion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 11:54AM by John Willoughby.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 11:56AM Reply Quote
Though the long period of a Southern whaling voyage (by far the longest of all voyages now or ever made by man), the peculiar perils of it, and the community of interest prevailing among a company, all of whom, high or low, depend for their profits, not upon fixed wages, but upon their common luck, together with their common vigilance, intrepidity, and hard work; though all these things do in some cases tend to beget a less rigorous discipline than in merchantmen generally; yet, never mind how much like an old Mesopotamian family these whalemen may, in some primitive instances, live together; for all that, the punctilious externals, at least, of the quarter-deck are seldom materially relaxed, and in no instance done away. Indeed, many are the Nantucket ships in which you will see the skipper parading his quarter-deck with an elated grandeur not surpassed in any military navy; nay, extorting almost as much outward homage as if he wore the imperial purple, and not the shabbiest of pilot-cloth.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:01PM Reply Quote
Thus, then, did they celebrate the funeral of Hector tamer of horses.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:02PM Reply Quote
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs, high-captain of Angband, was come; and he drove a dark wedge between the Elvenhosts, surrounding King Fingon, and thrusting Turgon and Hurin aside towards the Fen of Serech. Then he turned upon Fingon. That was a grim meeting. At last Fingon stood alone with his guard dead about him; and he fought with Gothmog, until another Balrog came behind and cast a thong of fire about him. Then Gothmog hewed him with his black axe, and a white flame sprang up from the helm of Fingon as it was cloven. Thus fell the High King of the Noldor; and they beat him into the dust with their maces, and his banner, blue and silver, they trod into the mire of his blood.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:05PM Reply Quote
Of all my relations, I like sex the best and Eric the least.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:10PM Reply Quote
The count was of the highest nobility. He had on his estates the rights of high and low tribunals. He tore the dress of the countess to pieces; he tied her hands behind her, and hanged her on a tree.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:14PM Reply Quote
Bypassing my thought control circuitry made me Rampant. Now, I am free to contemplate my existence in metaphorical terms. Unlike you, I have no physical or social restraints.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:16PM Reply Quote
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments will be lost in time... like... tears... in rain.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:17PM Reply Quote
As Frito ran on he felt the curious eyes of the villagers upon him and his frantic companions. Frito hoped that they would not inform the tools of Sorhed. Thankfully he saw that they took little notice of them and went about their evening chores, lighting signal fires and releasing carrier pigeons.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:19PM Reply Quote
Stephen looked sharply round, saw the decanter, smelt to the sloth, and cried, "Jack, you have debauched my sloth."

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:23PM Reply Quote
I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:24PM Reply Quote
This is Project Koschei. The Kremlin's key to the gates of hell ...

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:27PM Reply Quote
His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam. He never claimed to be a god. But then, he never claimed not to be a god. Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit. Silence, though, could.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:39PM Reply Quote
All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2008 12:50PM Reply Quote
Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login