Spork Boards

Spork Turrets (no Sparby Permitted - create your own thread)

El Jeffe's Avatar Picture El Jeffe – December 09, 2007 06:56AM Reply Quote
finally, back to normal

El Jeffe – July 10, 2015 04:14PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
namebench

El Jeffe – October 05, 2015 12:18PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Everything I wear is, by default, "Studded".

ARL (Moderator) – October 05, 2015 03:51PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Including the gimp suit?

:-)

El Jeffe – October 10, 2015 01:46AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
machine gun bean bag shotgun

John Willoughby – November 13, 2015 08:00AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
I notice that I often omit the first word of written sentences. "Went to the store." "Wife is buying a car." I seem to do it most for first person pronouns and possessives. I don't know if this is a style that I picked up from somebody else's writing, personal idiosyncrasy/brain damage, or a subconscious attempt to update English grammar. Maybe I pulled it over from Spanish, where the pronouns are optional with a conjugated verb. At any rate, I've been doing it for decades, so I probably won't stop.

James DeBenedetti – November 13, 2015 08:55AM Reply Quote
It's an occupational hazard of writing bullet points / PowerPoint slides.

Dave Loudin – November 15, 2015 06:50PM Reply Quote
Been doing the same thing in messages lately. Not sure why. Heh.

El Jeffe – April 04, 2016 11:03AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Why can't we have FUNCTIONS/CALCULATIONS in our passwords? (any password)
Examples:

ABC plus/then today's date time 2? ABC8 (4th of April)
Or, text functions.
First letter of today's DAY plus two characters?
So, M(onday) would be N --> O plus date plus 2 --> O6 then something or other.
Or TIME

HOUR (4 pm or 16) plus some number, then something else...

YDD – April 05, 2016 01:10PM Reply Quote
How about:

Prove: xn+yn .ne. zn
Proofs must be between 8 and 24 characters, and contain at least one upper case letter, one numeral and one special character.

John Willoughby – April 22, 2016 10:58AM Reply Quote
Here's a question, prompted on the discussion of Netflix on the iBox thread. My Apple TV chokes on Netflix. A lot. It used to only happen during prime time, and I thought it might just be either my ISP or Netflix choking on demand. But now it can happen at almost any time, and once it starts to happen it happens every 30-300 seconds until I give up in disgust. If I use the crappy Netflix app on my TiVo, though, it doesn't happen. At all. Ever. They are both on the same network, connected by ethernet to my router. Other network-centic apps (Hulu, Youtube) don't seem to have these issues.

The only thing that I thought of was that, once, it seemed like my TiVo was streaming VHS quality video, but it quickly firmed up into near-HD quality. I thought that perhaps my TiVo was better at negotiating a lower-bandwidth stream in the face of bad network conditions. But I never saw that again.

It may be that the TiVo app is simply better than the tvOS Netflix app, but in light of the overwhelming crapiness of TiVo apps in general, I find that hard to credit.

What might be going on? It's not a big deal at all, but I'm curious.

[EDIT]

Just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread. At least it's the Turrets thread and anything except Sparby goes here.
Looks like a lot of people have similar issues. Fixed IP recommended for Apple TV, and I should check the quality settings on the Netflix accounts. (Apple TV is the wife's account and the TiVO is mine... we may have different settings.)

TL;DR : Never mind; I have things to check. You can go about your business. Move along. Move along.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 11:04AM by John Willoughby.

El Jeffe – April 22, 2016 02:53PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ok. :)

El Jeffe – April 24, 2016 02:30AM Reply Quote
What a journey.

James DeBenedetti – April 24, 2016 10:06AM Reply Quote
Keeping with your 80s theme, this version by some guys who were invited to the VIP launch area by NASA has an even greater impact (on me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-8yCKwhBE

El Jeffe – April 30, 2016 10:49AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I accidentally put my iPhone SE into paper airplane mode.

John Willoughby – June 25, 2016 10:13AM Reply Quote
Hello Mr. Heller,

I recently received your form letter, justifying your abdication of responsibility for confirming Judge Garland to the Supreme Court. I am disappointed that a Nevada senator feels that the responsibility of performing the tasks for which he was elected are too burdensome. There is no traditional or constitutional requirement for a Presidential election to be held before an appointment to the Supreme Court can be confirmed.

Since you find the dreadful burden of showing up to do your job too much for you, my fellow constituents and I look forward to relieving you of that burden.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2016 10:16AM by John Willoughby.

ARL (Moderator) – June 26, 2016 03:39PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I get the feeling that even if the POTUS election was over two years away they'd come up with a reason why they couldn't confirm an Obama appointee. It would be something about the mid-term elections and then once that was over, the presidential primaries and then election. Because, Obama.

johnny k – June 26, 2016 06:57PM Reply Quote
As soon as the election is over, Obama better pull Garland to accede to Congress, so Clinton can nominate a very qualified atheist Latino lesbian with a scientific background.

John Willoughby – June 27, 2016 07:39AM Reply Quote
Then they will just vote not to confirm.

"An object at rest cannot be stopped!"
-- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

johnny k – June 27, 2016 08:16PM Reply Quote
It's the only jib they got, baby!

John Willoughby – June 28, 2016 07:33AM Reply Quote
Making gravy without the lumps. One of our greatest philosophers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login