Spork Boards

Local Unmentionables: Notes on YOUR corner of the world

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:50PM Reply Quote
Hell, it was a popular icebreaker on the ancien boards ...

Get up close and personal with excruciating details of your quotidien
existence!

How's your dirty laundry?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2007 09:44PM by tomierna.

Madaracs – December 24, 2007 06:57AM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
Merry Christmas, Spork. God bless us... every one.

stan adams – December 24, 2007 07:19AM Reply Quote
CS -- Easy to take for granted what perils everyday life can be -- glad she is doing well.

Johnny -- I've done the Chicago -> Phoenix drive a few time and it really is an amazingly easy trip for the distance. Interstates are still quite an achievement. Enjoy your family!

tomierna (Admin) – December 24, 2007 07:15PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Posted in Granberry's Parlor as well:

Pictures from our Meat Coma: http://www.molecularmedia.com/gallery/v/Holiday2007/

El Jeffe – December 25, 2007 04:48AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Merry Christmas. Go Jesus GO!!! ;)

What a journey.

ddt – December 25, 2007 05:28AM Reply Quote
jesus saves -- but moses invests!

(off to a movie and chinese food, in my tribe's tradition for the day. just kidding.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9bg8xO7ndg

ddt

Cloudscout – December 25, 2007 04:43PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I'm really sick. This sucks. I felt fine most of the day until around 5:00... then my throat started to feel funny. Now my head feels like a balloon, my throat hurts and I have a 101.7ºF fever.

John Willoughby – December 25, 2007 05:06PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Sorry, CS, feel better.

Jeff Cooper – December 25, 2007 06:38PM Reply Quote
Being sick on a holiday sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

Cloudscout – December 26, 2007 02:34PM Reply Quote
So, I was feeling well enough to go out and clear the driveway... and the snowblower breaks about 2/3 of the way through so I had to shovel the rest. I managed to avoid falling down this time, but just barely. With all of the snow removed, my driveway now has a nice, mirror-like reflective quality to it. This would be due to about a quarter inch of perfectly smooth ice that has formed on it. My driveway isn't very steep, but if I stand about 2/3 of the way down the driveway right now and stand perfectly still, I will slide gently down the slope... it's that slippery. I need to go buy some driveway salt.

stan adams – December 27, 2007 06:31AM Reply Quote
More and more new houses that are going up near me have hydronic buried heating for the drive/walkways.

Allegedly upfront costs are under $5K and operation is typically in the few hundred dollars a year range. I don't think that would hold true for all climates, but it sure makes me want to consider...

http://stores.ebay.com/H2O-PLUS

It is so neat to see steam rising off of the freshly melted drive, especially right after a fresh snow while everything is covered in white.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 06:33AM by stan adams.

Cloudscout – January 03, 2008 06:20AM Reply Quote
The guy who sits next to me here at the office is named Minh Tranh. He lives in Eagan. This made for an odd morning when I read this news story. It's a common enough name, though, so I wasn't sure if it was him. Well, it wasn't him. He's annoyed, though, because he keeps getting calls from people checking to see if it is him or not.

El Jeffe – January 03, 2008 06:58AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
He should be creative and figure out a way to have fun with this turn of events.

What a journey.

stan adams – January 03, 2008 08:16AM Reply Quote
If it were me I might put the newsclip up in my cube with sign like "Not me. Look at me. Do you think I care about raves? I work here, why would I need ecstasy..."

Cloudscout – January 04, 2008 05:10AM Reply Quote
A couple miles away from me. Street view doesn't make it to my street yet. It stops about a mile away.

ghidorah – January 04, 2008 11:40AM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
Wow. Big winds here in Walla Walla. Must have seen 50 trees down as I drove through town this morning--power lines were down everywhere. I had to zig-zag through back streets because so many intersections were closed by emergency crews.

El Jeffe – January 05, 2008 01:10PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Funny. I just logged into an old ebay account I never used but wanted to squat on the name. Seems I've been busy! I bought an autographed baseball about a month ago. I don't even really care about baseball. Let alone spend money on collectibles.

What a journey.

El Jeffe – January 05, 2008 01:28PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
darn, I lost an auction. TOO! (not ME, the hijacker)

What a journey.

ghidorah – January 05, 2008 07:25PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
I just bid on my first 3 items today.

Now I might not be able to stop. 8o

El Jeffe – January 06, 2008 04:33AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
well, I think I got most of it cleared up. Only time will tell. Plus, I'm sure I hit a phishing SITE. I clicked some link UNrelated to the above discussion, and it popped up eBay. But I KNOW it was a spoof. Now my question is, HOW did it 'log me in' to eBay? I'm thinking browser cache/password storing in safari. But, can a phishing site INTERCEPT a brower's cached account info? If not, what good is it? Because it was the REAL ebay - looked 'framed', but w/o frame.

In eBay's wisdom, they told me to install the ebay toolbar. So, I downloaded it.....it's an EXE. Uh, no support for safari/ff/OSX?

Anyway, I did not enjoy the panic of yesterday. After using eBay for what over a dozen or more years easily, this was the first time I had an eBay panic attack.

What a journey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login