Spork Boards

Local Unmentionables: Notes on YOUR corner of the world

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:50PM Reply Quote
Hell, it was a popular icebreaker on the ancien boards ...

Get up close and personal with excruciating details of your quotidien
existence!

How's your dirty laundry?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2007 09:44PM by tomierna.

John Willoughby – December 21, 2007 08:24AM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
She is cute, Jeff.

Ian – December 22, 2007 08:04AM Reply Quote
Cute. They can't not be at two.

And then, without warning, they turn into teenagers.

Hello everybody.

Bloody hell, I was weeks behind at Old Spork and now I have two sites to catch up on. Thankfully I have some time off.

Cheers!!

Dr Phred (Moderator) – December 22, 2007 08:35AM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Just to catch on on Spork?
Now THAT'S dedication!

ddt – December 22, 2007 11:45AM Reply Quote
and a big happy birthday this 12/22 to master tom!

hope it's nothing but the best, man.

ddt

tomierna (Admin) – December 22, 2007 12:23PM Reply Quote
Hideously Unnatural
Thanks!

Molecular had it's holiday party last night and I'm feeling every bit of my 35 years because of it :/

Madaracs – December 22, 2007 12:25PM Reply Quote
Ooh! Scary! Scary! Don't we look mean? You can't see me! But I can see you!
My mother-in-law is here cleaning.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – December 22, 2007 12:35PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Send her over here!

ghidorah – December 22, 2007 02:24PM Reply Quote
Raise taxes on cavemen. --jw
better yet--send her over to toms

Cloudscout – December 22, 2007 03:12PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Hey, my house is only two blocks away... ;)

Cloudscout – December 23, 2007 08:58AM Reply Quote
It almost seems too cliché to be true, but my grandma slipped on the ice this morning while getting her morning paper and broke her leg. She was stuck there in the cold for a half hour because nobody could hear her. She's in the hospital now. I'm about to head over there to see her.

ghidorah – December 23, 2007 09:14AM Reply Quote
oh god Sparby--I'm so sorry to hear that.

A similar thing happened to my grandma when she was staying with us. Fortunately our dog was able to get her help and protected her until the paramedics came. (no lie--that was an awesome dog)

El Jeffe – December 23, 2007 12:56PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
sorry to hear that. Hope she gets better soon.

What a journey.

ddt – December 23, 2007 01:00PM Reply Quote
sorry, matt. send her my best wishes. but... better the leg than the hip. legs heal faster and better, with fewer long-term issues.

ddt

Cloudscout – December 23, 2007 01:31PM Reply Quote
Turns out she was there for almost an hour before neighbors saw her on their way to church. Her body temperature was below the minimum reading for the thermometer the paramedics had with them. By the time she go to the hospital it was back up to 95ºF and climbing. I went to visit her and she was in good spirits... joking around. She just turned 80 two weeks ago She's in surgery right now for her broken femur. Hopefully that goes well.

johnny k – December 23, 2007 02:01PM Reply Quote
Sounds like a tough lady... disposition plays a big part. My 88-yo great aunt has had a heart attack, a broken leg and all sorts of ailments lately but is too stubborn or forgetful to die.

Got into Phoenix this morning around 4. 37-hour drive through St. Louis, Tulsa (wrong way on a turnpike can waste you an hour), Amarillo (past an 80-car pileup going the other way), Albuquerque, and Flagstaff, with short breaks for naps. Driving in weather went okay, through fog in Illinois and freezing rain to light snow in OK. My cat was amazingly well-behaved, probably because she wasn't cooped up, and mostly just slept in the passenger's lap or perched up on the luggage and took in the sights. Nice to experience a traditional home-for-the-holidays walking into a full house and cooking smells! GOD-BLESS-US-EVERYONE

Jeff Cooper – December 23, 2007 02:02PM Reply Quote
That's scary, CS. I'm glad the last report was good news, and I hope it continues that way.

Dr Phred (Moderator) – December 23, 2007 04:36PM Reply Quote
owned by the mothership.
Yikes!
And the weather here sucks. I wuld want to be out there for an hour even bundled up!
Glad she's ok.

ghidorah – December 23, 2007 06:40PM Reply Quote
good news CS

Cloudscout – December 23, 2007 07:07PM Reply Quote
We were all joking around today at the hospital. The snow was falling so thick and blowing so hard, you could barely see outside. I made the comment, "It's just as well that you're in here today. You certainly wouldn't want to be out in this stuff. You might fall and get hurt."

Steve Cordova – December 23, 2007 07:08PM Reply Quote
History passes the first time as tragedy, the second time as farts. - Roy Edroso
I am glad she was in good spirits and hope the surgery went well. Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a safe and fun work break.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login