Spork Boards

Local Unmentionables: Notes on YOUR corner of the world

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:50PM Reply Quote
Hell, it was a popular icebreaker on the ancien boards ...

Get up close and personal with excruciating details of your quotidien

How's your dirty laundry?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2007 09:44PM by tomierna.

ARL (Moderator) – July 18, 2017 02:45PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I thought Yosemite was the first?

ddt – July 18, 2017 04:10PM Reply Quote
Saw a Texas license plate that read "PURDU". Maybe Sonny Purdue?

John Willoughby – July 18, 2017 04:44PM Reply Quote
Cyberdyne Systems Customer Support
Maybe Frank Perdue, back from the dead.

ARL (Moderator) – July 27, 2017 01:48AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Well, winter is more than halfway over (definitely done in Brisbane by end of August).

We have had ONE (1) day where the max temp hasn't hit 20˚C (68˚F - and that day was 19.9˚C) and probably only half a dozen where it hasn't hit 22˚C (72˚F).

My big woolly jumper has stayed in storage. It's freaking insane.

The weekend is forecast to be 25˚C, 26˚C and 26˚C (and it was 26˚C yesterday, the only day under 25 this week was today, 23˚C).

Absolutely fucking insane...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2017 01:49AM by ARL.

johnny k – July 27, 2017 08:08PM Reply Quote
Usually I'm short one cup of coffee so that by the time the kids come home I'm ready to sleep, but I overshot this morning, being at a coffeehouse for a meeting, and it screwed up my afternoon. Paranoid jitters or something.

ARL (Moderator) – July 28, 2017 03:23PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
I've done that once at a meeting. Palpitations, dizzy, breathless, agitated etc. I had to have a "time out" which was a tad embarrassing...

Cloudscout – August 07, 2017 07:55AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
SF folks find some schadenfreude in this story?

"There’s a bit of irony in the couple’s purchase. Until a 1948 U.S. Supreme Court ruling banning the enforcement of racial covenants, homes in Presidio Terrace could be purchased only by whites."

ddt – August 07, 2017 08:26AM Reply Quote
More ironic if big investors in Google or Uber (both of which rely on using public-funded public goods and services for privatized profit) lived there. But isn't this the libertarian dream? Even better if the Chengs had bought up the sewer and power systems and started charging residents.

ddt – August 07, 2017 08:26AM Reply Quote
In other news, seriously, Australia's geography and biome are simply out to kill you: https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/08/australian-teen-chewed-and-bloodied-after-bizarre-ocean-feeding-frenzy/

John Willoughby – August 07, 2017 08:30AM Reply Quote
I know that ARL tried to kill me when we met, but that's fairly common for people meeting me.

ARL (Moderator) – August 07, 2017 12:30PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
It's a sign of affection!

ARL (Moderator) – August 11, 2017 04:19PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Hmmm... Next week is the last fortnight of winter but holy crap, the next 7 days are 26, 26, 28, 28, 30, 30, 30.

This. Is. Not. Normal.

John Willoughby – August 21, 2017 07:15AM Reply Quote
Well, the Wolf has begun to devour the disk of the sun here.

ddt – August 21, 2017 07:53AM Reply Quote
We're overcast and protected from doom as such.

ddt – August 22, 2017 07:56PM Reply Quote
Whelp, a 19-year-old driver making a left turn and my going-straight-car did not mix well. I'm okay, starting to feel a little sore, but props to a quick download of Lyft and AAA and a quick tow (to... a lot? 30 miles from my home? insurance will cover me getting it somewhere less far-flung?) for getting me home from ~30 miles away in an hour or so. Think I'll see how my body feels tomorrow and deal with the insurance company then.

El Jeffe – August 23, 2017 05:45AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I expected to read something about you being on your bike. Nice you were a cager at that moment. Get better.
Get a dashcam too!

ddt – August 23, 2017 05:48AM Reply Quote
Thanks! A bit sore in a few places, but we'll see how that shakes out. Can't afford to replace the car -- so that'll limit job search options.

John Willoughby – August 23, 2017 06:35AM Reply Quote
Sorry, ddt, that must be/have been awful. I hope that you feel better soon.

John Willoughby – August 23, 2017 06:53AM Reply Quote
Trump is speaking in my town today, and my wife is planning to join the protesters. So here's to a non-violent, non-tear-gassy protest.

johnny k – August 23, 2017 06:57AM Reply Quote
JW, maybe you could march around with them shouldering a long gun. I'm curious to see how well the Second Amendment holds up when you're protesting a white male. I'll volunteer you for that experiment.

ddt, no road rash, even? Lame.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login