Spork Boards
Hot Spork Chat : Join us in an AIM chat room!

Local Unmentionables: Notes on YOUR corner of the world

tomierna's Avatar Picture tomierna (Admin) – December 07, 2007 08:50PM Reply Quote
Hell, it was a popular icebreaker on the ancien boards ...

Get up close and personal with excruciating details of your quotidien
existence!

How's your dirty laundry?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2007 09:44PM by tomierna.

El Jeffe – September 12, 2017 11:46AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Glad to hear you're coping what seems like fine/ok.

John Willoughby – September 13, 2017 12:57PM Reply Quote
England expects that every man will do his duty. Ha-ha!
Dad's got internet back. Dad jokes and conservative political chain emails of dubious reliability beginning to hit my inbox.

ARL (Moderator) – September 13, 2017 04:05PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
John Willoughby
Dad's got internet back. Dad jokes and conservative political chain emails of dubious reliability beginning to hit my inbox.

This is where I'm thankful my Dad can barely even "goggle" (his words, not mine).

El Jeffe – September 18, 2017 12:56AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Jury Duty today.

ARL (Moderator) – September 18, 2017 02:09AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
Don't hang them, Jefe

El Jeffe – September 18, 2017 10:36AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
There for hours. Participated in jury selection. Was not chosen. Was dismissed for the day.
Murder plus attempted murder case.
I had to be honest in my jury questionnaire... I question my ability, due to my nagging nausea/vomiting/et al, to be able to make it through a multi-day trial.
So much procedure... taking so much time.
If we can make our airports like super-dining and shopping centers, why can't we make our justice system just a WEE BIT like that? 21st century customer focus, wifi, fresh quac asking too much. :)

John Willoughby – September 18, 2017 11:34AM Reply Quote
England expects that every man will do his duty. Ha-ha!
I'm amazed at the "good citizens" who brag about how they get out of jury duty, sometimes even giving up the right to vote just to avoid being summoned.

I've never been called, except when I was out of state at college, and I expect that I will hate the process, but I feel like it's a duty. Part of being a citizen.
Maybe I'll feel differently once I've been through the process, but I don't think so. It's like paying taxes, part of what you owe your country.

Sorry for the ordeal, El Jeffe. Interfacing with bureaucracy always seems to go that way. Better luck tomorrow.

El Jeffe – September 18, 2017 12:13PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I agree. I appreciated the last time I served.
But I was a bit concerned because both prosecutor and defense kept asking us/folks what level of evidence they could tolerate.
Sounded like some very graphic photos and testimony.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login