Spork Boards

Reciprocating Mass

rino's Avatar Picture rino – December 09, 2007 05:14AM Reply Quote
As started by Binky in land of old ...

Binky
A place to discuss your wheels!

"Use your wheels, that is what they are for." - Hawkwind

ddt – February 01, 2017 01:52PM Reply Quote
I've seen at least a half-dozen Bolts in the wild around the Oakland/SF area. The sheetmetal is a bit busy visually for me, but I really like the size/proportions, efficiency, and I hear it's good to drive. A good portion of my use cases (driving to bike races and back, to LA and back) would make this a tough option, but it's a hopeful direction.

ddt

El Jeffe – February 01, 2017 04:07PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Yes. I think it's the most significant car in YEARS. You and me, J Will...

John Willoughby – February 02, 2017 06:28AM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
I wonder if I can convince my oldest to take my Subaru to college when she goes...

ddt – February 03, 2017 04:41AM Reply Quote
Still not sold on The Grand Tour, though I did like May's "There are so many things I'd much prefer to do today, including self-harm" in the latest.

(And I did enjoy May's other series.)

ddt

Cloudscout – February 03, 2017 05:46AM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
I don't exactly dislike it but, yeah, it's somewhat lacking.

El Jeffe – February 03, 2017 05:46PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
I agree. It's almost like they are trying to hard, but like one person who helped polish the show is missing or something.

El Jeffe – February 05, 2017 03:54PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Tore my 96 car of the year Dodge Caravan minivan apart and took it for a wash and test drive. (aka see if I don't kill myself from a botched repair)
Did front brakes, and my first ever wheel hub bearing assembly replacement.
Brake rotors are British EBC. Hub is actually made in South Korea.
Photo Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/8Kloy

El Jeffe – February 14, 2017 12:45AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
friend won 'lottery' slot allowing him to purchase a COPO Camaro.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/copo-camaro.html

I won't go into all the history of such things. But, he has an interesting dilemma... and four days to accept and agree to buy a(mother) $90,000 - $140,000 Camaro. He's currently amassing his parts for building a 800 - 1,000 HP ZL-1 Camaro, and has a 700 HP Camaro.

ddt – March 12, 2017 05:47PM Reply Quote
Okay, David Tennant's hijinks in getting track lessons from Chris Harris on the new Top Gear (S24E02) made my evening.

ddt

ddt – March 17, 2017 07:45AM Reply Quote
There was a Focus ST (or RS? Can't remember) parked on my street, thought of JK, but the car was bright blue and its license plate was FST SMRF.

ddt

Mokers (Moderator) – March 17, 2017 05:06PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
May have been the Fiesta ST. That is often shortened to FiST

johnny k – March 17, 2017 06:56PM Reply Quote
Think only the RS comes in that electric blue. Oh, looks like the non-ST Fiesta has a metallic blue too. Dang, I like the yellow on the 2017 Focus ST.
The steep, narrow driveway here is depressingly rough on the car's low front spoiler.

ARL (Moderator) – March 18, 2017 12:35AM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
You could move house?

johnny k – March 18, 2017 11:00AM Reply Quote
Believe me, been trying to.

El Jeffe – March 19, 2017 05:44AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
ddt
There was a Focus ST (or RS? Can't remember) parked on my street, thought of JK, but the car was bright blue and its license plate was FST SMRF.

ddt

Friday 10th I went 175 MPH in Porsche GT3 RS... twice. Professional driver (Hurley Haywood).
And drove around ALL DAY in a grey Focus RS. (internet friend).
Stopped at an American IRISHman's (wealthy) toy shop (garage of race cars) and whaddyanknow... he drives a FOCUS RS... comes out of the garage screaming "Who's FOOOKIN! RS IS THAT!!!????"" Because.. it's like wearing the same dress to a party, I guess.

Anyway, spent the day ABUSING the RS. Fun little car.

Also drove a Porsche Turbo S (0-60 in about 2.5) which kicks serious serious serious butt!!!
Also drove (TON listening) and rode in Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio 505 HP sedan. Much fun too!!!

Met the Wigmore from Oxfordshire (between Oxford and Silverstone raceway) and they own/run London Rally Cars (http://www.rally-school.com). I might stop in there June 26th and say HI! Loved their accents. (SBE, i s'pose)

Here are the two Focus RS from Friday.

We (ahem HE) might have been exceeding 100 mph on Jacksonville bridge... eclipsed by steering wheel...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2017 05:55AM by El Jeffe.

ddt – March 19, 2017 06:47AM Reply Quote
El Jeffe
And drove around ALL DAY in a grey Focus RS. (internet friend).

Anyway, spent the day ABUSING the RS. Fun little car.

Former internet friend or still internet friend?

ddt

johnny k – March 19, 2017 09:11AM Reply Quote
That rear spoiler is cool. I can only imagine what an extra 100HP must feel like. What'd you think of the handling?
Looks like they have a nicer dash computer interface now. Ford MyTouch or whatever it's called is such shit - I tried to get the car without that. The voice thing is okay and I use it just to switch between audio sources, but so filled with quirks that it's trained me.
Other than that, pretty good car. Zippy and can haul two babies, two friends and a lawnmower.

El Jeffe – March 19, 2017 02:35PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
He abused it far harder than I abused it. :)

It handles well. I can only compare it to the FIESTA ST, not the Focus ST. My first time in a Fiesta ST I won my Fiesta ST Challenge autocross and got a Go Pro from Ford that day. (I'm a bit competitive!)
The RS is fun. We fidgeted with the screen some. Nice multi-touch. But in the end I just used my "Hey Siri" on my phone for stuff as it is what I'm used to.
I actually like the ST seats better than the RS seats. RS seats are narrow and much deeper side bolstering. I think the ST seats are about the best seats for me in any car on the market.

If I make it to all my kids leaving the house and doing ok on their own, I will own a Porsche. They just feel wired to one's driving soul.

Mokers (Moderator) – March 19, 2017 04:03PM Reply Quote
Formerly Remy Martin
are you a part of a local club or something? I'm always so jealous of your rides.

El Jeffe – March 19, 2017 04:37PM Reply Quote
What a journey.
Nope. I just try very very hard.
Here is my 175 mph runs in the GT3 RS, as a passenger, at Mayport Naval base airstrip. 1.5 mile runway or thereabouts. (8,000 feet?)

https://vimeo.com/209013500

Does not do the sensation justice at all....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2017 04:38PM by El Jeffe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login