Spork Boards

That's right, Mr. Meader- don't look here for thoze rum0rz...

Simon's Avatar Picture Simon – December 19, 2007 11:49PM Reply Quote
Yet Another Transplant Thread (credit to Brian Miller for the original) (and Robert Taylor for the 2nd edition)

So, when do you expect to see the next 21-slot G5 subnotebook with built-in antigravity? Or do you have other things to complain about regarding the Mac rum0rz press?

YDD – August 01, 2014 12:17PM Reply Quote
The original Moore's Law was about transistor density anyway. Hence die shrinks and multicore. Computers haven't really been getting faster for quite a few years now. They've simply been getting wider.

bahamut – August 02, 2014 06:08PM Reply Quote
Like me.

John Willoughby – August 25, 2014 12:41PM Reply Quote
Save us, Lord, from the furries of the Norsemen!
Hey, if Apple goes to ARM, maybe something like this will be Rosetta 2.0... maybe even Boot Camp 2.0.

porruka (Admin) – August 28, 2014 07:10AM Reply Quote
Failure is pre-greatness.
So the 9-Sept event announcements are out now. http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-6-event-2014-8

Let the tea leaf reading begin.

John Willoughby – August 28, 2014 08:27AM Reply Quote
I believe that Apple will announce... Tea Leaves™.

Roger – August 28, 2014 09:22AM Reply Quote
Okay, I know close-reading these things for coded signals is an exercise in futility, but "Wish we could say more" has to mean something Siri-related, doesn't it?

porruka (Admin) – August 28, 2014 09:31AM Reply Quote
Roger
Okay, I know close-reading these things for coded signals is an exercise in futility, but "Wish we could say more" has to mean something Siri-related, doesn't it?

That's (Siri-related) one of my first thoughts.

Also, the perspective of the logo (shadow on the leaf? Depth on a physical representation?) strikes me as of note, but hard to grasp in the context of what is expected.

El Jeffe – August 28, 2014 09:33AM Reply Quote
What a journey.
precursor to thought police stifling free speech vis a vis the increased embedded presence and tracking abilities of the new iPhone for the NSA ???

Am I too cynical?
(at least I'm not teaching an empty class)

John Willoughby – August 28, 2014 02:18PM Reply Quote
There have been rumors of Siri-for-Mac for a while now. And I saw an image today of an "embedded" Apple logo for the phone.

ne_iphone6_embeddedlogo-800x666.jpg

John Willoughby – August 28, 2014 02:19PM Reply Quote
Plus the usual NFC rumors seem a lot more substantial this time around.

porruka (Admin) – August 31, 2014 05:37AM Reply Quote
*This* intrigues me as much as anything swirling around the devices themselves because the carriers are still albatrosses.

http://recode.net/2014/08/29/t-mobile-plans-next-uncarrier-event-one-day-after-apples-unveil/

Roger – September 08, 2014 06:09PM Reply Quote
Gruber, talking (via AppleInsider) about ABC News's boast of inside access to a "historic" announcement:

ABC News Teases Report of Inside Access to ‘Historic’ Apple Announcement
That sure as shit can’t be a reference to bigger iPhones, and it doesn’t sound like a watch that counts your steps and shows you notifications as they come in.

What do you think this is about, if indeed it's anything more than empty buzz? I have a hunch that maybe Cook is going to come out.

porruka (Admin) – September 08, 2014 07:05PM Reply Quote
Apple buys tmobile?

porruka (Admin) – September 08, 2014 07:08PM Reply Quote
Roger
Gruber, talking (via AppleInsider) about ABC News's boast of inside access to a "historic" announcement:

ABC News Teases Report of Inside Access to ‘Historic’ Apple Announcement
That sure as shit can’t be a reference to bigger iPhones, and it doesn’t sound like a watch that counts your steps and shows you notifications as they come in.

What do you think this is about, if indeed it's anything more than empty buzz? I have a hunch that maybe Cook is going to come out.

Again, this is bordering on securities actionable if it's another year of the laptop. With all the "leaks" there's something else.

ARL (Moderator) – September 08, 2014 11:15PM Reply Quote
I whinge therefore I am!
"Wish we could say more"?

Maybe it's a new app - the iNDA™

porruka
Again, this is bordering on securities actionable if it's another year of the laptop. With all the "leaks" there's something else.

Yup, this is magic unicorn superbowl-level ridiculous hype and if it's just some incremental upgrades people should be pissed.

porruka (Admin) – September 09, 2014 06:13AM Reply Quote
So, Apple buys Disney and T-Mobile, Dick Tracy is the guest presenter, and Craig is dressed as George Jetson?

porruka (Admin) – September 09, 2014 06:16AM Reply Quote
Slightly more seriously, when you go into the Apple Events Atv app, you can conveniently see the invites from past events. It has been two years since an invite wasn't dominated by color. I find that curious.

Roger – September 09, 2014 10:10AM Reply Quote
The rumor mill had pretty much everything well in advance of the keynote this time, didn't it? Between Gruber and re/code there was very little to surprise anyone today.

Cloudscout – September 09, 2014 04:48PM Reply Quote
Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær!
Considering the fact that I am currently at T-Mobile's corporate headquarters, it would have been hilarious if they had announced that as an acquisition.

porruka (Admin) – September 09, 2014 05:24PM Reply Quote
True. I was just going for something truly historic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login